No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its both amusing and sad that Freo supporters had Ross Lyon as a COTY candidate and now want him sacked only a few weeks later.

We are so reactionary these days.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Its both amusing and sad that Freo supporters had Ross Lyon as a COTY candidate and now want him sacked only a few weeks later.

We are so reactionary these days.
Correct...bet they didn’t want him sacked after they beat Collingwood at the MCG! Lost 3 in a row and just fallen out the of the eight. Oh well, what else is there to do in WA except commit serial murders, become hooked on drugs and bitch about the footy?

Correct...bet they didn’t want him sacked after they beat Collingwood at the MCG! Lost 3 in a row and just fallen out the of the eight. Oh well, what else is there to do in WA except commit serial murders, become hooked on drugs and bitch about the footy?
Other common past times include getting eaten by sharks, buying jet skis, and talking about seceding.

Other common past times include getting eaten by sharks, buying jet skis, and talking about seceding.

... and eating a lot of South African snags and complaining about the help.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Chatting to a Swans Brownlow medallist the other day and we both said how bad last Saturdays game was , he said the rule change that would help is if you kick backwards it's no mark. These coaches , including ours are ruining the game . I used to watch every game , now I try and watch us and maybe 1 or 2 others.

You lot forgot about "getting glassed in Northbridge."

Yes ... and going on the monthly 'run Benny run' testimonial where every participant snorts the boundary line and then abuses their ex.

Chatting to a Swans Brownlow medallist the other day and we both said how bad last Saturdays game was , he said the rule change that would help is if you kick backwards it's no mark. These coaches , including ours are ruining the game . I used to watch every game , now I try and watch us and maybe 1 or 2 others.
Yep, I think that one rule change would do more for the game than the other 25,000 they have tried since first suggesting it.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Yep, I think that one rule change would do more for the game than the other 25,000 they have tried since first suggesting it.
Problem is then the umpires will need to decipher what is a backward kick & what is a forward kick.
So when the Dogs & Hawks play, they will get the forward benefit of the doubt & when the Dockers & Swans play they will get the backward version.
It's just like the throws, the 15 metre kick, the ducking tackle, etc, etc ................any new rule is brought in just creates another can of worms that makes the game ambiguous to umpire, opening it up for fraudulent free kicks as we saw against Aliir in the last quarter that turned momentum to the Bombers after we scored the first goal. How on earth are umpires going to know if a sideways kick is backward or forward unless they are in line with it?

Please no more rule changes, just let the game evolve.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Problem is then the umpires will need to decipher what is a backward kick & what is a forward kick.
So when the Dogs & Hawks play, they will get the forward benefit of the doubt & when the Dockers & Swans play they will get the backward version.
It's just like the throws, the 15 metre kick, the ducking tackle, etc, etc ................any new rule is brought in just creates another can of worms that makes the game ambiguous to umpire, opening it up for fraudulent free kicks as we saw against Aliir in the last quarter that turned momentum to the Bombers after we scored the first goal. How on earth are umpires going to know if a sideways kick is backward or forward unless they are in line with it?

Please no more rule changes, just let the game evolve.
Turn it up , the game is @@@@@@

Hayward, Papley & others missing goals & targets from 25 metres away renders any rule changes useless.

Spot on Ted. Admittedly Hayward has the tips, but Paps should not have missed. On the plus side Reid over a couple of years seems to have really worked at being a reliable set shot. Ditto McCartin whose set shot now seems pretty good.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Spot on Ted. Admittedly Hayward has the tips, but Paps should not have missed. On the plus side Reid over a couple of years seems to have really worked at being a reliable set shot. Ditto McCartin whose set shot now seems pretty good.
Yeah Hayward has the yips but it wasn’t from 25, it was from 12m and that’s unforgivable in my eyes...coach’s pet gets the reprieve hey? BTW, I love Hayward!

Yeah Hayward has the yips but it wasn’t from 25, it was from 12m and that’s unforgivable in my eyes...coach’s pet gets the reprieve hey? BTW, I love Hayward!

I was behind the goal. It was lucky to hit the post. At no stage as he was lining up did he look confident.

Jake Lloyd dislikes this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back