No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually in 2005 we were one of the worst premiership sides seen in quite some time. It was a fairly weak year as the Lions' dominance had ended the year before and the Cats hadn't emerged as a contender yet.

hater

I'm actually not, I was just looking at the Squiggle to see how this year's teams compare to previous flag winners.

Our 2005 side has by far the worst offensive rating of any premier in the last 20 years. We had a very strong defence though and that side would definitely be a contender if it were around today.

Apart from that, I would agree that this is a weak year.

I'm actually not, I was just looking at the Squiggle to see how this year's teams compare to previous flag winners.

Our 2005 side has by far the worst offensive rating of any premier in the last 20 years. We had a very strong defence though and that side would definitely be a contender if it were around today.

Apart from that, I would agree that this is a weak year.

stats pfft

agreed on this, despise essendon and 2016 still hurts too much to want the dogs to play finals

In my head the Bulldogs flag in 2016 is still like a really bad infomercial by the AFL.

"Tired of floundering in a competition that's supposed to be equal? You've had so many great players over the last 50 years but still can't find success? Well do we have a deal for you! If you're s**t for half a century, but manage to reach a preliminary final, call within the next ten minutes and and we will give you a flag for free! That's right, FOR FREE! We won't even disguise it! We will just deliver a premiership medal to your doorstep interest-free! And if you're still not satisfied, give your medal to Bob Murphy and we will give you a Fox Footy special at no extra costs! Amazing!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Jones already starting up about the Friday night fixture and how much of a non-event it will be. FFS it was 5th vs 6th from last year when the fixturing was done. His job should be to promote the game.
Final round will have the Pies (5th) v the Bombers (7th).
Jones will be working overtime promoting the Bombers given they have put in the two worst performances of the year of any club.

Closest game of the last round was Saints v Freo which was 13th v 12th. Wasn’t the greatest standard but it was an even contest.

In my head the Bulldogs flag in 2016 is still like a really bad infomercial by the AFL.

"Tired of floundering in a competition that's supposed to be equal? You've had so many great players over the last 50 years but still can't find success? Well do we have a deal for you! If you're s**t for half a century, but manage to reach a preliminary final, call within the next ten minutes and and we will give you a flag for free! That's right, FOR FREE! We won't even disguise it! We will just deliver a premiership medal to your doorstep interest-free! And if you're still not satisfied, give your medal to Bob Murphy and we will give you a Fox Footy special at no extra costs! Amazing!"
All hail Caesar! That's the best post EVER :clapping::clapping::clapping:

i thought he showed enough last year to be starting this year, surely a better option than Jenkins
I believe he was injury interrupted mate. And Jenkins had a few good patches at all the right times... but I agree with you. He looks good & has well & truly earnt his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back