No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil has put himself in the Fitzpatrick low level.

he should focus on his own job instead of putting himself in trade stories, doesn't do much to reduce the idea the AFL have a hidden agenda

plus his brother is ******* annoying, hosting the brownlow now

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Fantastic news.
Now they can start being Carlton again as they have been the last 20 years.
Pagan, excitement, sacking.
Ratten, excitement, sacking.
Malthouse, excitement, sacking.
Bolton, excitement, sacking.
Teague, excitement, ???????
Teague is a perfect example what Carracella has done and that's why the decision with McVeigh is bullturd, never known another culture , or structure.

Fantastic news.
Now they can start being Carlton again as they have been the last 20 years.
Pagan, excitement, sacking.
Ratten, excitement, sacking.
Malthouse, excitement, sacking.
Bolton, excitement, sacking.
Teague, excitement, ???????

Teague seems pretty switched on

tough decision if it doesnt work people will say its rash, but i think he has a good base for a strong career

Interesting to see the public commentary about a high ranking AFL official making comment on where they would like players to play because Gillon has stated they would prefer Coniglio to stay at GWS. Yet these same clowns shrugged their shoulders when the administration told the swans they would pay for recruiting Franklin and then barely said a word when we were punished for doing nothing wrong. A majority of the football media are ******* biased hypocrites.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Teague is a perfect example what Carracella has done and that's why the decision with McVeigh is bullturd, never known another culture , or structure.
Teague hasn't achieved anything yet. He may well get them a p'ship but I think in this instance, Macca will be coaching many youngsters who are just coming through the club rather than a majority of senior player he played with.
Time will tell though.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Teague hasn't achieved anything yet. He may well get them a p'ship but I think in this instance, Macca will be coaching many youngsters who are just coming through the club rather than a majority of senior player he played with.
Time will tell though.
If we want him as coach in the future he has to go elsewhere , stop sticking up for the jobs for the mates system at this club . Now we have Harley , the Chairman who are so different to what we had we 2 greats of the club.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
If we want him as coach in the future he has to go elsewhere , stop sticking up for the jobs for the mates system at this club . Now we have Harley , the Chairman who are so different to what we had we 2 greats of the club.
I'm not sticking up for it or bashing it.
It doesn't really matter because we actually fo have a bunch of guys from other clubs in the coacing group.
Cox & Stevie J. The most important thing for us next season is to get on field personnel fit & healthy.
Whether Macca as a first time assistant is there or not won't make any difference with our season.
He may move on as Shaw did after two years with us & look at him now.
So actually Bedders, I can create an argument that it is better a player stays at their club as an assistant for a few years first before taking his coaching elsewhere, as Shaw has done with Shaw now landing a senior coaching role 4 years after retirement.
Same with Paul Roos who stayed on at the club he played for.
That trumps anything 90% of other first time coaches, that began their coaching careers at other clubs, have done.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Probably because Chris Scott & the leaders at the Cats didn't like how he looked fitness wise the other day.
He's fat for an amateur footballer, let alone a professional seasoned AFL footballer.

I'm not sticking up for it or bashing it.
It doesn't really matter because we actually fo have a bunch of guys from other clubs in the coacing group.
Cox & Stevie J. The most important thing for us next season is to get on field personnel fit & healthy.
Whether Macca as a first time assistant is there or not won't make any difference with our season.
He may move on as Shaw did after two years with us & look at him now.
So actually Bedders, I can create an argument that it is better a player stays at their club as an assistant for a few years first before taking his coaching elsewhere, as Shaw has done with Shaw now landing a senior coaching role 4 years after retirement.
Same with Paul Roos who stayed on at the club he played for.
That trumps anything 90% of other first time coaches, that began their coaching careers at other clubs, have done.

Roos played at two clubs and for 6 coaches

mcveigh played under two- and the current one was there the whole time, not much diversity in his resume, but theres no right or wrong, more about the right quality

i tend to think some separation from the club is good, but just a personal view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back