No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've almost seen enough carlton suffering, would enjoy some,pies hawks spoons

Sorry Mr The King. Pies and Hawks can come 16th and 17th every year, but 18th is reserved for the Crims until they are booted out of the League.

Sorry Mr The King. Pies and Hawks can come 16th and 17th every year, but 18th is reserved for the Crims until they are booted out of the League.

my ideal would probably go

15 carlton
16 collingwood
17 hawthorn
18 Essendon

my ideal would probably go

15 carlton
16 collingwood
17 hawthorn
18 Essendon
No, no, no, no, no!!!!!
14 Collingwood
15 Carlton
16 Hawthorn

And that's it coz it's only a 16 team comp because Dopers and Dogshits have been kicked out of the league :)

No, no, no, no, no!!!!!
14 Collingwood
15 Carlton
16 Hawthorn

And that's it coz it's only a 16 team comp because Dopers and Dogs**ts have been kicked out of the league :)

I didnt know i could boot teams out :p

No, no, no, no, no!!!!!
14 Collingwood
15 Carlton
16 Hawthorn

And that's it coz it's only a 16 team comp because Dopers and Dogs**ts have been kicked out of the league :)

Sagest of the sagacious sage! Bow in your general direction.

What are the odds on us getting the hardest soft draw even known for a botton four club?

Have been thinking the same. It will be long odds on.

So we get a soft draw next year , 1 bonus of being a bottom club.

Maybe.

Of the bottom 3 this year, you would expect Carlton and Melbourne to improve and we won’t play Gold Coast twice as we need the additional game for the minimum games in Melbourne.

Ultimately it will come down to how many double up games we get for teams around the middle that might come off next year (ie Adelaide) and whether we cop West Coast, Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong only at home.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch them change the fixture for the year we finish in the bottom 4. I can just see it happening.
If all stays the same the only top 6 team we will play is the Giants as that’s the mandatory derby games. So that leaves us with minimum 1 maximum 3 games for sides between 7-12 and minimum 2-maximum 3 between 13-18.
Expect us to play Hawks twice from the middle section and probably one of the SA teams. Would suspect to make our number of Melbourne games we play Blues and Dees twice from the bottom 6.
Collingwood in Melbourne would be nice for once as well, think that’s the one fixture we haven’t had for a long time.
Hopefully more Saturday night fixtures as I feel that’s an easy one to attend, but that’s just a personal preference.

I heard somebody make the point that AFLW players are not allowed to have dreadlocks flinging all over the place - its an OH&S issue. But my google search came up empty - I cant confirm or deny if thats true.
Anybody know? Personally, as much as I like NicNat and the freedom of the individual I think his hair should be constrained in some way on the football field. One of those things could easily flick someone in the eye. Its only a matter of time before someone grabs them again, either accidentally or deliberately.

I heard somebody make the point that AFLW players are not allowed to have dreadlocks flinging all over the place - its an OH&S issue. But my google search came up empty - I cant confirm or deny if thats true.
Anybody know? Personally, as much as I like NicNat and the freedom of the individual I think his hair should be constrained in some way on the football field. One of those things could easily flick someone in the eye. Its only a matter of time before someone grabs them again, either accidentally or deliberately.
Nicnat and MacDonald TW wearing a team coloured rasta beanie would be a merch sales goldmine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, no, no, no, no!!!!!
14 Collingwood
15 Carlton
16 Hawthorn

Jewels! All fired up and going the boot on the enemy. Go you good thing!:D

Quite the persecution complex on this forum.

C'mon RK. There are some well founded grounds that inform the positions we have taken. I predict we will play GWS, Geelong, Weasels and Melbourne twice.

Quite the persecution complex on this forum.
It is the same on every club forum on bigfooty. The AFL is simultaneously out to get every single club, every single club is hard done by, and every single club is hated by the rest of the league

According to their club forum anyway

It is the same on every club forum on bigfooty. The AFL is simultaneously out to get every single club, every single club is hard done by, and every single club is hated by the rest of the league

According to their club forum anyway
How many other clubs have been given a trade ban for playing by the rules?

How many other clubs have been given a trade ban for playing by the rules?

None, and it was a farce of a decision by the AFL.

On the flip side, how many other clubs have benefited from the bidding process on academy players as much as us? We got Heeney for a ridiculously low pick. We totally manipulated the bidding system which was changed as a result of that to get Blakey and then get back in to the first round. That we even had the option to take the son of a 350 gamer from another club as an academy prospect at all was quite understandably frustrating to people from other clubs.

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not saying that the AFL is always an impartial and fair organisation. It isn't. Much of the decision making that goes on at the top level appears to be knee-jerk over reactions without much consideration of longer term consequences (which in turn leads to more knee-jerk over reactions, etc. etc.). They are a reactive organisation that can't seem to stop incessantly meddling with its systems and rules. It is a breeding ground for inconsistency,

Every club will have examples of where the AFL was harsh on them, every club will have examples where they got away with something. That inconsistency is frustrating to all, but it is a sign not of a concious and concerted effort to target our club but rather the incompetence of those making the decisions.

You are generally better served assuming incompetence over malice when it comes to human errors. That is particularly the case when it comes to umpiring.

None, and it was a farce of a decision by the AFL.

On the flip side, how many other clubs have benefited from the bidding process on academy players as much as us? We got Heeney for a ridiculously low pick. We totally manipulated the bidding system which was changed as a result of that to get Blakey and then get back in to the first round. That we even had the option to take the son of a 350 gamer from another club as an academy prospect at all was quite understandably frustrating to people from other clubs.

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not saying that the AFL is always an impartial and fair organisation. It isn't. Much of the decision making that goes on at the top level appears to be knee-jerk over reactions without much consideration of longer term consequences (which in turn leads to more knee-jerk over reactions, etc. etc.). They are a reactive organisation that can't seem to stop incessantly meddling with its systems and rules. It is a breeding ground for inconsistency,

Every club will have examples of where the AFL was harsh on them, every club will have examples where they got away with something. That inconsistency is frustrating to all, but it is a sign not of a concious and concerted effort to target our club but rather the incompetence of those making the decisions.

You are generally better served assuming incompetence over malice when it comes to human errors. That is particularly the case when it comes to umpiring.
Re the flip side, sure. But once again we played by the rules and used them to our advantage. In regards to your other points I have a different opinion on the AFL in general. Your point of view is always well rounded, thoughtful and respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back