No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can they have everyone though?
Yes they can... until they win a flag... then its all over, no more afl handouts
I wonder if Whitfield is being paid by the afl as part of their Future Footy Fund? I wouldn't be surprised, there's a fair few other Giants that are. Or maybe, the AFL have other ways of paying players outside the salary cap.
With the amount of Elite players on long term contracts (5+ years) and medium term contracts (3-5 years), there's no way they can afford to keep Cameron next year.. wait and see

Yes they can... until they win a flag... then its all over, no more afl handouts
I wonder if Whitfield is being paid by the afl as part of their Future Footy Fund? I wouldn't be surprised, there's a fair few other Giants that are. Or maybe, the AFL have other ways of paying players outside the salary cap.
With the amount of Elite players on long term contracts (5+ years) and medium term contracts (3-5 years), there's no way they can afford to keep Cameron next year.. wait and see
After the somewhat sickening media frenzy he experienced a few years back, Whitfield was never going back to Vic. Fishbowl not for him.

Listening to a fair few of the GWS boys they’re content to live outside of the spotlight if GWS can remain competitive salary wise.

Hawks board having another melt. What a lot of self entitlement they bask in. That’s what? Three out of three now, it’s hilarious

After the somewhat sickening media frenzy he experienced a few years back, Whitfield was never going back to Vic. Fishbowl not for him.

Listening to a fair few of the GWS boys they’re content to live outside of the spotlight if GWS can remain competitive salary wise.

Hawks board having another melt. What a lot of self entitlement they bask in. That’s what? Three out of three now, it’s hilarious

There's two threads on the mainboard talking about GWS and their recent re-signings, and in both, Hawks fans are having a good ol whinge

There's two threads on the mainboard talking about GWS and their recent re-signings, and in both, Hawks fans are having a good ol whinge

I don't normally venture onto another teams board, but some of the rants on the Hawks 2020 Free Agents thread are gold

As one of the weirdos who takes an interest in jumper numbers, I appreciate that the AFL seems to have told clubs to hurry up with assigning them. Basically doing a daily reveal, no doubt for clicks on their wesbite but who cares. Some clubs used to not release them until like mid-January.

I think we should have the occasional cross town raid.
Isaac Cumming for example.
Make him a Swan for 2021.

Would make sense we actually bid on him before taking Hayward in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also say for the AFL website conspiracy theorists around here, there are 3 stories in the most recent 12 that are about the Swans.

Clearly they read the Swans board at BigFooty and felt the need to cover their tracks...

Didn't happen , move on.

We bid on Cumming in the 2016 draft at selection 20, took Will Hayward at selection 21. Pretty sure as at the time I was livid that we even made the bid as I wanted Hayward.

Now they are claiming a conspiracy lol
When Cameron re-signs there'll be some clever person who adds up all the GWS salaries and ends up with their cap full and still 10 players salaries unaccounted for!

When Cameron re-signs there'll be some clever person who adds up all the GWS salaries and ends up with their cap full and still 10 players salaries unaccounted for!

I like how they forget how Hawthorn kept everyone when they were winning lol

We bid on Cumming in the 2016 draft at selection 20, took Will Hayward at selection 21. Pretty sure as at the time I was livid that we even made the bid as I wanted Hayward.
Cumming? Never heard of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back