2019 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played any fantasy AFL for 10+ years but am doing Supercoach this year.

My question is what happens if (and probably when) the combined value of your team exceeds 10 million? Given my team has a fair few rookies, it seems likely that the value will go up. How do you make trades in this case?

Thanks in advance for help with this simple question!

Ahhh,

How many rookies do people typically have on the field round 1 then? I have 2 in defence (Collins & Duursma), 3 in the midfield (Walsh, Butters & Hately) and 2 up forward (Setterfield & Burgess). And then all of the bench are rookies except Zac Clarke.

Perhaps I should have more then? Not that it would necessarily optimize my early season scores, but that I would have more guys in the team with a near guaranteed increased value?

(to make things easier I just posted the preliminary team below, with likely an upgrade to be made somewhere with that 81k)

1553111554575.png

Let's say for example, R10 hits and Walsh is 400k & Butters is 350k

You'd make two trades, Walsh > Cripps & Butters > 123k rookie who is about to play their 3rd match (and go up significantly in value!)

By making this move, you'll net yourself a Cripps + rookie combo, and likely have around 80k left in the bank for your next round of upgrade trades.

Teams usually start anywhere from 5-9 rookies on field depending on how you like to balance your starting side. (5 = quite aggressive, lots of early trades but a good overall strategy ------ 9 is a slower, but stronger finished side - generally a better performer in SC finals than overall points)

I think your team balance is good, I'd be wary of Stef Martin though - I'm fairly sure he's nursing a niggle at the minute, other than that your side is looking good! Just pay attention to the trades threads over the season to get a good gauge of what moves are in vogue, so you don't end up culling a rookie too early etc. etc.

Good luck!

Ahhh,

How many rookies do people typically have on the field round 1 then? I have 2 in defence (Collins & Duursma), 3 in the midfield (Walsh, Butters & Hately) and 2 up forward (Setterfield & Burgess). And then all of the bench are rookies except Zac Clarke.

Perhaps I should have more then? Not that it would necessarily optimize my early season scores, but that I would have more guys in the team with a near guaranteed increased value?

(to make things easier I just posted the preliminary team below, with likely an upgrade to be made somewhere with that 81k)

View attachment 638274

Between 6 and 9 is about right depending on your level of guns and rookie tactic v midpricers. You've got 4 so I`d say 7 seems right (more midpricers = less rookies).

Ahhh,

View attachment 638274
Nice Team.
As a Dees supporter why no Hore in the backline?

If your league is not filled by the cut-off time, do they fill it with random people or Herald-Sun 'experts'?

Hi All,

Am i missing something or should i be able to see head to head match ups for me leagues right now? Neither of my leagues seem like head to heads have started and one of them still had a spot empty.

HALP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,

Am i missing something or should i be able to see head to head match ups for me leagues right now? Neither of my leagues seem like head to heads have started and one of them still had a spot empty.

HALP
18 team leagues start H2H next week I think

Hi All,

HALP

I’ve got the same issue. Ten team league, ten teams entered and saved with 30 players, no sign of league matchups, fixtures or anything. It clearly states that ten team competitions start head to head in Round 2. ???

Where was this gut feeling in RND 1 do you think?

Heeney 85
Dunkley 98

Didn't realise Heeneey had an ankle injury then and that he wouldn't be playing in the mids.

Looks like Papley has taken Heeneys mid role instead.

Dunkley well I should have taken in to account the Libba factor which was bad research by me.

Both didn't ton up and I expect campaigners that I pay over $500,000 for to ton up nearly every game.

Round 2 is more of a true reflection than round 1 reckon with how both these guys could keep going this season.

Dunkley with only 70% midfield time in round 2 has me worried as well.

Didn't realise Heeneey had an ankle injury then and that he wouldn't be playing in the mids.

Dunkley well I should have taken in to account the Libba factor which was bad research by me.

Both didn't ton up and I expect campaigners that I pay over $500,000 for to ton up nearly every game.

Round 2 is more of a true reflection than round 1 reckon with how both these guys could keep going this season.

I mean if you paid 500k+ expecting a ton nearly every game, probably picking two guys that combined had 20 from 41 games in 2018 that's very optimistic!

Guess I will have to wait for teams to come out.

I am super tempted to trade out Heeney and Dunkley for Whitfield and T.Kelly though.

Have a bad gut feeling on both Heeney and Dunkley and don't want to be stuck with them if they keep underperforming like this.
Whitfield ran around last week like an unregistered dog ....can't see RICH giving him the same space this week

Both Heeney and Dunkley are "form" players ...not must have Super Premo's ....but I'm giving them more than just 2 games

I'm a softy compared to the "Butcher" of SC .... Judd_Magic

giphy.gif

Where are people finding midfield % stats from?

I mean if you paid 500k+ expecting a ton nearly every game, probably picking two guys that combined had 20 from 41 games in 2018 that's very optimistic!

Thought they would have tonned up in both games like T.Kelly has.

Guess I just expect a lot from guys that were meant to play full time midfield and it hasn't panned out that way so far.

Thus I don't feel like I am getting my moneys worth from these 2. T.Kelly and Boak look like they were the way to go forwards wise.

Last edited:
Whitfield ran around last week like an unregistered dog ....can't see RICH giving him the same space this week

Both Heeney and Dunkley are "form" players ...not must have Super Premo's ....but I'm giving them more than just 2 games

I'm a softy compared to the "Butcher" of SC .... Judd_Magic

giphy.gif

Doubt Richmond will be slowing Whitfield down anytime soon, can't see it happening mate.

There's more to it though than Heeney and Dunkley being "form" players as to why they are only going so so atm.

Heeney's ankle, Horse being a campaigner of a coach, Libba and Wallis stealing Dunkley's points, Bevo being a campaigner of a coach, etc.

And yes I am the SC butcher. I don't take these passengers lightly. :moustache::thumbsu:

One thing on that would be that you’d expect a 100-avg type to go sub-100 about half the time (most of the sub-tons being in the 80-100 range).
If your expectation’s changed enough full-year and you have options you like, can understand the temptation. It’s s**t when you get zero bang for your buck.
There was a fella in another thread worrying that Zilliams might only be an 85-90’s type of guy.
I think I have 8 ‘premos’ going around that clip, Zilliams not even a blip on the radar, let alone an iceberg.
Suffering is relative.

One thing on that would be that you’d expect a 100-avg type to go sub-100 about half the time (most of the sub-tons being in the 80-100 range).
If your expectation’s changed enough full-year and you have options you like, can understand the temptation. It’s s**t when you get zero bang for your buck.
There was a fella in another thread worrying that Zilliams might only be an 85-90’s type of guy.
I think I have 8 ‘premos’ going around that clip, Zilliams not even a blip on the radar, let alone an iceberg.
Suffering is relative.

Williams and B.Smith are the least of my worries.

They are scoring exactly what I wanted from them at their price.

Heeney and Dunkley on the other hand haven't scored what I expected based on their price.

I was expecting T.Kelly and Boak like imput so far but it hasn't panned out that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back