VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

O
Have to laugh... Bankers finish 6th above the Borough (7th) on the VFL ladder.

Guess where the final is played..

NOT KP..

but at Port's Adcon stadium. I guess it must be a ticketing issue to ge more people into the game.

And the ******* jokes continue.

Go Catters

Only 1st and 2nd get a home final in the VFL. Port have hosted finals since 1988.

O

Only 1st and 2nd get a home final in the VFL. Port have hosted finals since 1988.

Nice Elias flog. First lost and it’s in the geelong vfl thread on our board. No doubt you’re clearly a whorks regular - my money is that it’s you Bosk. Whoever you are, enjoy your offseason. Well enjoy watching our team win a couple Of Flags.

NBN ..has there ever been a better example of why Governments should not get involved in tech development..its almost redundant now isn't it .. G5 etc?
Ironically most people read this comment using wifi. A technology invented by an Australian government department.

O

So because its since 1988 makes it right?

And really, first post on the GFC board and you're a Hawks supporter...

You new at this whole Alias thing huh.

Go Catters

So because its since 1988 makes it right?

And really, first post on the GFC board and you're a Hawks supporter...

You new at this whole Alias thing huh.

Go Catters
Seems like an appropriate username...

Ironically most people read this comment using wifi. A technology invented by an Australian government department.

CSIRO ..yes thats true. a boffin environment with aussie ingenuity... but white elephants ..not sure on that. Especially such a NBN roll out type deal.. as soon as the gov gets involved it seems things lose shape. Im not particularlly wrapped in the privatisation of so many gov depts either so .. ehhh

Yep
And if our VFL size is better balanced height wise, both will be improved simply because they will have more responsibility and a free run at the ball when up forward. I have seen both deferring at times to more experienced talls ( up forward).

We have had Buzza, Fort, + the resting ruck (Abbott or Smith or Stanley) in the same zone for much of the time with Kreuger [and Schlensog (early in year)].

Schlensog has a way to go but his improvement curve has been impressive this year.
Yes, we've had at least 3-4 ruck type/size players in every game this season. Often in the same area of the ground, gr8 effort to be in the finals.

Schlensog has me thinking defender (Hendo) now because of the way his body is maturing, whereas watching him earlier this season, I thought he played better fwd of the ball.

Freddy looks as though he will be a fwd but he may be the next Blitz ;)

Yes, we've had at least 3-4 ruck type/size players in every game this season. Often in the same area of the ground, gr8 effort to be in the finals.

Schlensog has me thinking defender (Hendo) now because of the way his body is maturing, whereas watching him earlier this season, I thought he played better fwd of the ball.

Freddy looks as though he will be a fwd but he may be the next Blitz ;)

Intersting thoughts...

Not sure I agree however.
Schlesog has so far to go he could literally be anything, anywhere or nothing at all. The Hendo comparison is interesting as I see the physical attributes and game style similarities.

Freddy - IMO will be the lead up forward in the Ben Brown mold - He has that see ball get ball quality that appeals to me in Forwards that not everyone of them has. He has great skills kicking and marking and when it come to contact he is not against it. And thats what I like in my marking/leading forwards... the willingness to go thru someone leagally to get the ball. And dont take this out of context, but I see some GAS in him specifically related to seeking contact in the marking contest - nothing else. GAS would use his size and mongrel to advantage. Freddy ive seen split some packs and apply pressure in the same manner. Thats what im referring to - so lets not get carried away.

Kersten had the skills but not the desire. Buzza has the desire but not the skills. Fort the height but not the mongrel enough.
Freddy, from my POV, has the skills, the desire and the mongrel. Just needs to keep learning, stay healthy and put it all together when his time comes.
I hope to see him leading out from the square or from the flanks in the hoops for many seasons to come.

Go Catters

VFL RETURN

Jordan Clark will make his return to football on Saturday when he plays in Geelong’s VFL elimination final.

Clark will be pushing his case for QF selection!

#wearegeelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that allowed? Has he even played any VFL this year?
I'm guessing because he didn't play on the weekend, and clubs can apply for exemptions - we may have applied for that in the basis he's returning from injury

Intersting thoughts...

Not sure I agree however.
Schlesog has so far to go he could literally be anything, anywhere or nothing at all. The Hendo comparison is interesting as I see the physical attributes and game style similarities.

Freddy - IMO will be the lead up forward in the Ben Brown mold - He has that see ball get ball quality that appeals to me in Forwards that not everyone of them has. He has great skills kicking and marking and when it come to contact he is not against it. And thats what I like in my marking/leading forwards... the willingness to go thru someone leagally to get the ball. And dont take this out of context, but I see some GAS in him specifically related to seeking contact in the marking contest - nothing else. GAS would use his size and mongrel to advantage. Freddy ive seen split some packs and apply pressure in the same manner. Thats what im referring to - so lets not get carried away.

Kersten had the skills but not the desire. Buzza has the desire but not the skills. Fort the height but not the mongrel enough.
Freddy, from my POV, has the skills, the desire and the mongrel. Just needs to keep learning, stay healthy and put it all together when his time comes.
I hope to see him leading out from the square or from the flanks in the hoops for many seasons to come.

Go Catters
It's all good to disagree, seen a few VFL games and Freddy doesn't quite do it for me yet.

He's a tall, if I had my way he would be doing a lot more apprenticeship b4 thinking he's AFL ready.

Just thought after 34,000 posts you wouldn’t be surprised where the game would be played.
Cant say that VFL - or VFA in truthfulness - finals nuances are my strong point.

Clearly they are yours.

And Hawks board is ---------->

GO Catters

It's all good to disagree, seen a few VFL games and Freddy doesn't quite do it for me yet.

He's a tall, if I had my way he would be doing a lot more apprenticeship b4 thinking he's AFL ready.
Same with sav. Some players seem to have an afl game while others don't. Sav showed less at vfl than afl level. I think Freddy is the same

EF radio stream link
Geelong has named a strong team for their elimination final against Port Melbourne at Adcon Stadium on Saturday.

Jordan Clark and Lachie Fogarty will both make their comebacks from injury after missing last week’s win against Essendon.

Co-Captain Aaron Black last featured in a final in 2014 and is hoping to have a positive impact this time around.

The Cats will go into the match with 20 AFL listed players. A remarkable feat but one that could see a few unlucky players miss out.

The first ball will be bounced at 2.10pm.

Fans planning on attending are encouraged to arrive early with Geelong’s VFLW team in action in the second elimination final against Melbourne Uni from 11.45am.

Listen to both matches via gofooty.live

Elimination Final team

B:
Z Guthrie, L Henderson, B Jarvis
HB: J Kennerley, A Black, S Simpson
C: S Selwood, J Parsons, J Clark
HF: L Fogarty, W Buzza, J Jones
F: N Kreuger, D Fort, Z Smith
R: R Abbott, C Constable, S Menegola
INT: B Reid, J McLachlan, O Brownless, B Schlensog, J Tarca, C Mitchell, P Dowling
23P: C Jones

Geelong has named a strong team for their elimination final against Port Melbourne at Adcon Stadium on Saturday.

Jordan Clark and Lachie Fogarty will both make their comebacks from injury after missing last week’s win against Essendon.

Co-Captain Aaron Black last featured in a final in 2014 and is hoping to have a positive impact this time around.

The Cats will go into the match with 20 AFL listed players. A remarkable feat but one that could see a few unlucky players miss out.

The first ball will be bounced at 2.10pm.

Fans planning on attending are encouraged to arrive early with Geelong’s VFLW team in action in the second elimination final against Melbourne Uni from 11.45am.

Listen to both matches via gofooty.live
Elimination Final team

B:
Z Guthrie, L Henderson, B Jarvis
HB: J Kennerley, A Black, S Simpson
C: S Selwood, J Parsons, J Clark
HF: L Fogarty, W Buzza, J Jones
F: N Kreuger, D Fort, Z Smith
R: R Abbott, C Constable, S Menegola
INT: B Reid, J McLachlan, O Brownless, B Schlensog, J Tarca, C Mitchell, P Dowling
23P: C Jones

A few VFL player are going to miss thanks to all those AFL players.. unlucky buggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back