VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Simpson play in the final vs Port and was very impressed - he was clearly our best - daylight to the rest. Aside from very good foot and great evasion skills, I was really impressed by his hard tackling - a good effort against a mature aged, strong bodied Port mid field group. Whilst not elite - his pace and spread was pretty good also - perhaps this is the only thing that is making it hard to find a clear spot. Although physically bigger this year, he could also perhaps do with a couple more kilos.

I really hope we can give him another chance at AFL level in 2020. I’d be looking for a wing spot with some minutes in the middle. Even though a fourth year player, I’d be getting him back early in the gym and track to give him best shot for 2020.
Agree with everything you have listed here - Ive liked Simmo for a while and agree completely on the size thing. Even though its his 4th year, he is still developing and IMO thats ok. Each year has been progressively better.

One more preseason on the iron and keep him injury free - and it will be very intersting to see the results.

Like what he brings

GO Catters

If anyone wants a good laugh or maybe an opportunity to hit ones head against the wall, read through the Geelong VFL public comments & then Geelong supporter pages on Facebook. This is what I've read so far:

- Who did Constable upset at the club?
- No wonder Constable wants out of the club when he isn't valued
- The system is flawed, because a player can play 20 VFL games of mediocrity and win, versus Constable playing AFL & VFL and not winning our VFL b&f.
- Some are arguing that Constable was flawless in his VFL performances
- Thinking some are inferring that the b&f should be awarded to the player with the highest average votes per game and not the most votes

And just a whole lot of criticism for Constable not finishing higher or doing better - seems people don't understand the system and then even when trying to explain the system it means it's flawed. I don't think I've ever seen this level of criticism around our VFL b&f before

If anyone wants a good laugh or maybe an opportunity to hit ones head against the wall, read through the Geelong VFL public comments & then Geelong supporter pages on Facebook. This is what I've read so far:

- The system is flawed, because a player can play 20 VFL games of mediocrity and win, versus Constable playing AFL & VFL and not winning our VFL b&f.
- Thinking some are inferring that the b&f should be awarded to the player with the highest average votes per game and not the most votes

And just a whole lot of criticism for Constable not finishing higher or doing better - seems people don't understand the system and then even when trying to explain the system it means it's flawed. I don't think I've ever seen this level of criticism around our VFL b&f before
Hehe. I actually don't like the B+F system.
But even under a different system Simpson would've won.
Just reckon it should go to the best player. If injured bad luck.
But on the other hand I don't really care that much.

Hehe. I actually don't like the B+F system.
But even under a different system Simpson would've won.
Just reckon it should go to the best player. If injured bad luck.
But on the other hand I don't really care that much.

Don't worry, I've now got someone telling me that Simpson was on the senior list this year and with a lack of spare spots on the senior list he may get delisted and they are hopeful he will be redrafted as a rookie

I think Kennerly and Brownless could be very similar players... wonder which is the better one

Kennerley played mainly on the wing. An outside type. He improved after a slow start. Reasonable kick but not outstanding (plays a bit like Cunico).

Brownless played more inside in the games I could watch live. Just watching him move had me thinking he can play. He still looks like a kid and didn't impact as well as his field positions suggested he might. He will be fun to watch next year in the VFL. (NB he is the one with the big tank for a kid - might give him an edge when his body catches up).

Both have done all that is asked of them this year. Not sure who will be the better player yet.

Not that I need another reason to NOT be on FB or IG...

There are morons everywhere and we have out share here - but most on here have the understanding of the reality of the game and process.

There... not so much.

GO Catters

Don't worry, I've now got someone telling me that Simpson was on the senior list this year and with a lack of spare spots on the senior list he may get delisted and they are hopeful he will be redrafted as a rookie
Is he still on the rookie list?

Is he still on the rookie list?

This year he was

We had Jones, Simpson & Zuthrie all in their 3rd years of rookie contracts, but Simpson & Zuth signed 2-yr extensions last year which involved being elevated after this season, Jones no such luck

So senior list player next year for Simpson & Zuth

Saw Simpson play in the final vs Port and was very impressed - he was clearly our best - daylight to the rest. Aside from very good foot and great evasion skills, I was really impressed by his hard tackling - a good effort against a mature aged, strong bodied Port mid field group. Whilst not elite - his pace and spread was pretty good also - perhaps this is the only thing that is making it hard to find a clear spot. Although physically bigger this year, he could also perhaps do with a couple more kilos.

I really hope we can give him another chance at AFL level in 2020. I’d be looking for a wing spot with some minutes in the middle. Even though a fourth year player, I’d be getting him back early in the gym and track to give him best shot for 2020.
Better tackling or evasiveness than Parfitt? I'm thinking maybe not, but has improved. Not sure he has good kicking depth either, but seems to be efficient with ball use yeah?

Think Sammy & Buzza can considering themselves a little unlucky to not get an opportunity at senior level this year

They were both stamped after that horrible game in Adelaide last year. Simpson unlucky in that regard as it was only his 2nd or 3rd game back from injury and was dumb Scott selection number 125,469.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back