VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlensog kicked three goals last week but from memory at least 2 came after their defence was in tatters (mid to late last quarter). He is improving from a low base but still has his learner plates on.

Schlensog may also be asked to go back at times (more education) even though against good opposition it would be dangerous.

The talls will be getting some restricted game time I suspect.

The Forward half is too tall as it stands. I expect one of Kreuger or Buzza to play back. If that comes to pass, which way the match committee go on that will tell a tale.

I perhaps should have been a little less obscure ... 4 talls and 2 small.. so lets add another tall.. I think we have about 2 or 3 too many.. atm

They need to drop either buzza, Abbott or Smith (whichever is most likely gone EOY) to the GFL.

The development of Schlensog and Kreuger is being hindered due to playing so many ruckman.

They need to drop either buzza, Abbott or Smith (whichever is most likely gone EOY) to the GFL.

The development of Schlensog and Kreuger is being hindered due to playing so many ruckman.

We cant do that bc we are not aligned with any GFL teams and i doubt the player would agree to it anyway.

Have thought a few times a GFL alignment would help (if AFL allows). Shlensog is the classic example of a player who may have benefited from some good but lower level footy out of the spotlight. Another who comes to mind is Hayball. What happens if Okunbor comes back ready for selection at the same time as Cockatoo and others who demand VFL time?

I know its rare to have injury light seasons but an alignment might help when the Gods smile.

I think if the GFC actually had the answers on the players you mention they would act.

But Buzza, Abbott and Smith are doing everything asked of them and may yet be handy AFL players /back ups. Kreuger has his own fate in his hands, he will be picked at VFL level every week. He has two big games ahead against quality opposition (VFL) and will stumble or make his own way.

Schlensog is different. A much longer shot.

I think if the GFC actually had the answers on the players you mention they would act.

But Buzza, Abbott and Smith are doing everything asked of them and may yet be handy AFL players /back ups. Kreuger has his own fate in his hands, he will be picked at VFL level every week. He has two big games ahead against quality opposition (VFL) and will stumble or make his own way.

Schlensog is different. A much longer shot.

Schlensog is a long shot ... yep and at a certain point you decide to move on. Smith is the one who is blocking it up atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back