VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Well Miers kicked 20 goals last year so you would say give him 1 more year, vs a kid that the most disposals he has had in 5 games is 5
Yes fair enough.. I will trust that the club saw something and that with some development it will come to the fore... Its not often that we delist after 1 year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drunkcat

All Australian
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes fair enough.. I will trust that the club saw something and that with some development it will come to the fore... Its not often that we delist after 1 year.
We can not delist him anyway as kids from interstate get 2yrs, I hope he does make it but he just looks lost at the moment

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
GHS caressed his sister through the covers apparently and it started ****.
Just a rumor I heard though.
Seems overcooked to me but there has to be something to Hartman's story - he was a huge punt but then put in the work to get to AFL standard fitness (and looked really promising), then walked out and has not been heard from again. Did he go back to local footy anyone know? From what he showed with us, surely he would have a run at a SANFL club at least for a try out.

thejester

BigFooty Broseph
Apr 22, 2006
Newstopia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Huey & Riley Freeman
Seems overcooked to me but there has to be something to Hartman's story - he was a huge punt but then put in the work to get to AFL standard fitness (and looked really promising), then walked out and has not been heard from again. Did he go back to local footy anyone know? From what he showed with us, surely he would have a run at a SANFL club at least for a try out.
Yeah he went back to playing SANFL reserves for Norwood. Club was pretty upfront that he was massively homesick the entire time he was at Geelong, I think Catsmaninamerica confirmed it?

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
Yeah he went back to playing SANFL reserves for Norwood. Club was pretty upfront that he was massively homesick the entire time he was at Geelong, I think Catsmaninamerica confirmed it?
Hartman could have been anything. Big tank
Bodied midfielder with wheels and skills. Breaks my heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Tarca has shown some form Jarvis atm looks like he is struggling with the level... but let see how he goes over a long period of time. Its not really hurting us that much that he is struggling
I've only seen one game (Werribee). I thought Jarvis was quite good that day.
Showed some natural forward skills.

TheWoodenSlug

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Buzza and Krueger both in the bests again. Hopefully Sav is fit to play against Port in a fortnight, but at least we've got some in form options to bring in if not (though the ruck when Stanley is having a breather would be an issue).

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Only seen Jarvis once. Also. Looked like a lead up mid sized forward. Delivery in to the 50 that day was ordinary as is usual in VFL and Jarvis who looked to me like he relies on supply didn't cause the statisticians much trouble. Still early .

No knee jerks needed.

Kreuger news is promising. Buzza not going away.

Top Bottom