VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Was Fogarty injured? Only 7 disposals....
He registered a few of those disposals and tackles late in the game, so if he was injured it was something restrictive (corked thigh) rather than an abrupt game-ender. Aside from just having a mare, the Dogs have been known to tag in the midfield at VFL level, so that is a possibility.

T85M1Fy.png

t7DVbE2.png

How has Jake tarca gone this year ?? How do people who have seen him play rate his chances of a debut this year or next year?
From the limited Vfl I saw - he flashed much like Miers did at that level but then disappears - not saying he will be what Miers has become - but there is something there with him. But it’s a while away from AFL level

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
From the limited Vfl I saw - he flashed much like Miers did at that level but then disappears - not saying he will be what Miers has become - but there is something there with him. But it’s a while away from AFL level

Go Catters
Good comparison daz .. most on here, myself included had strong questions over Miers

Geelong

B: 56. B. Reid, 24. J. Bews, 51. J. Tsitas
HB: 41. J. Jones, 39. Z. Guthrie, 37. S. Simpson
C: 20. O. Brownless, 16. S. Selwood, 21. J. Kennerley
HF: 13. L. Fogarty, 12. W. Buzza, 15. N. Kreuger
F: 28. D. Fort, 45. R. Abbott, 33. J. Tarca
R: 9. Z. Smith, 18. C. Constable, 34. J. Parsons
Int: 50. D. Capiron, 62. C. Floyd, 10. B. Jarvis, 52. J. McLachlan, 43. S. Okunbor, 49. N. Rokahr, 36. B. Schlensog, 55. L. Smith
23P: 68. C. McCarthy

In: J. Parsons, N. Rokahr, Z. Smith, C. McCarthy, S. Okunbor
Out: M. Diamond

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong

B: 56. B. Reid, 24. J. Bews, 51. J. Tsitas
HB: 41. J. Jones, 39. Z. Guthrie, 37. S. Simpson
C: 20. O. Brownless, 16. S. Selwood, 21. J. Kennerley
HF: 13. L. Fogarty, 12. W. Buzza, 15. N. Kreuger
F: 28. D. Fort, 45. R. Abbott, 33. J. Tarca
R: 9. Z. Smith, 18. C. Constable, 34. J. Parsons
Int: 50. D. Capiron, 62. C. Floyd, 10. B. Jarvis, 52. J. McLachlan, 43. S. Okunbor, 49. N. Rokahr, 36. B. Schlensog, 55. L. Smith
23P: 68. C. McCarthy

In: J. Parsons, N. Rokahr, Z. Smith, C. McCarthy, S. Okunbor
Out: M. Diamond
That's a really tall forward line lol

I think Jarvis is struggling the most out of the new kids looks way out of his depth

At the moment, yes.
I would not make any calls on him until later in the 2020 season.

I haver seen a few kids struggle in their first year, looking way off the pace, only to play AFL the following year.

Miers for example

I never thought that he looked way off the pace. In fact I thought that he may play AFL this season.

Interesting that he does fly under the radar.

In the games that he played in the VFL he did not seem to have much trouble finding the footy.
I will also have a keen eye on Miers in 2019. He looks to be a genuine small forward rather than a mid who does his apprenticeship in a forward flank or pocket.

He's been a star Rabs. You were right to keep an eye on him in 2019 :thumbsu:

Miers for example

The Indigenous kid comes to mind (cannot recall his name) who played for the Cats a few years ago and then went back to SA.
He was ordinary in his first year, but improved late. In his second season he played AFL but had some personal issues or something and did not play again the following season.

Edit: Brad Hartman was the kid that I had in mind.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
The Indigenous kid comes to mind (cannot recall his name) who played for the Cats a few years ago and then went back to SA.
He was ordinary in his first year, but improved late. In his second season he played AFL but had some personal issues or something and did not play again the following season.

Brad Hartman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back