Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I was gonna say, a certain drop in grade when it comes to execution, skills, etc...

First time I have watched the reserves for a while. You see the stat sheets after a game and think of yeah x y z did well.. But then you actually watch them play at the level and it's difficult go be impressed by much you see dished up.

Krueger reminds me a lot of N Ablett. Similar build and exactly the same height. Very silky mover with great skills.

He is going to be a very good AFL player

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong

Bews played in defence. No wonder he he was under employed. I saw a different Buzza . Agree on SSelwood .

Constable to my eye has very little impact. Gets a heap of short passes and gives and receives in close hand balls. Just my opinion - bagging a rising star! WT!

It was a difficult game to really stand out given how easy everything happened. They were like witches hats standing around all day.

Doesn't Krueger look good?? I hope he gets the nod ahead of buzz given he clearly is the better of the two talents

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
It was a difficult game to really stand out given how easy everything happened. They were like witches hats standing around all day.

Doesn't Krueger look good?? I hope he gets the nod ahead of buzz given he clearly is the better of the two talents
No doubt we were too strong across every line. Still I reckon some do things that make you think that could stand up against better opposition.
No. 81 Byrne did 3 or 4 things that made me think he has something but I do need to see him against bigger bodies.

I have liked Krueger from the November training sessions. He has urgency. He wants the ball and even when is off the contest he busts a gut to get in and hr follows up after a contest.

Buzza deserves a go in the ones before Krueger. He has been good in every game I have seen ( at home) this year. Cats need to know where he is at. KPFs don't grow on trees and we have put time onto him. Two games when Hawk has a rest.

I would try to squeeze Krueger in when Rohan has a rest. One game just to let him know he is on track. He will play AFL the following year.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Simpson was a surprise today but he did start in at centre bounces and he loved it . That confidence spread around the ground. His spatial stuff was even better with a little more space than he got at half forward. My main knock previously was his low possession counts and I had him up for a delisting. Today changed that. If he keeps this up he has more time coming his way.

First time I have watched the reserves for a while. You see the stat sheets after a game and think of yeah x y z did well.. But then you actually watch them play at the level and it's difficult go be impressed by much you see dished up.

Krueger reminds me a lot of N Ablett. Similar build and exactly the same height. Very silky mover with great skills.

He is going to be a very good AFL player

He played forward for two goals, in defence and had a few short spells in the ruck. And I did see one beautiful palm to our mids, when he rucked.
The thing with Kreuger is that he has the versatility to play in attack or be switched to defense if needed.
I will be keen to see how he performs after a good summer in the gym. He is athletic, good below his knees for a KPP size player, can take a grab, and has a nice long left foot.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
My boy Parsons sees to be travelling or home emergency quite a bit and will have missed a few games this year.
At least he'll be fresh come finals .
XR8OZ7Z.gif

Parsons is garbage.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
No doubt we were too strong across every line. Still I reckon some do things that make you think that could stand up against better opposition.
No. 81 Byrne did 3 or 4 things that made me think he has something but I do need to see him against bigger bodies.

I have liked Krueger from the November training sessions. He has urgency. He wants the ball and even when is off the contest he busts a gut to get in and hr follows up after a contest.

Buzza deserves a go in the ones before Krueger. He has been good in every game I have seen ( at home) this year. Cats need to know where he is at. KPFs don't grow on trees and we have put time onto him. Two games when Hawk has a rest.

I would try to squeeze Krueger in when Rohan has a rest. One game just to let him know he is on track. He will play AFL the following year.

The way it worked out Im glad in a way that neither were selected for that "Werribee Treatment Plant" of a game ..especially Buzza. It would not have be to their advantage. This week however .. I hope we see one of them get a game.. Rohan should not play so there is a chance ..

My take on Simpson is he has played a few good games this year, but his kicking can be dodgy he has been working on his tackling kicking some goals and is getting better

Agree with all that - only 2nd VFL game ive seen this year - and IMO his one drawback is that he really tries to take the best option every time.
Not a bad thing at all in theory - but the speed of the game does not allow it most of the time and he gets pinged.

I like a lot else he does - just need to see that lift.

Go Catters

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
My take on Simpson is he has played a few good games this year, but his kicking can be dodgy he has been working on his tackling kicking some goals and is getting better

Yep. He didn't hit all his kicks well. But I noticed he used his left foot a lot and a few of those hit dirt before team mate. Nicely two sided tho, unlike a lot of others he just goes where the gap is not where his leg needs to go. He also sent a few lovely hand passes to team mates in space - attacking handball - good vision.

I had him gone at the end of this year mainly because he wasn't getting much of it in games I saw. Playing full time in the middle really changed that on Saturday. Two or three more days like that and he stays. Might even be a better prospect than Scooter, Fog or Parsons if a mid comes out soon [Not better than Menagola tho IMO]

Yep. He didn't hit all his kicks well. But I noticed he used his left foot a lot and a few of those hit dirt before team mate. Nicely two sided tho, unlike a lot of others he just goes where the gap is not where his leg needs to go. He also sent a few lovely hand passes to team mates in space - attacking handball - good vision.

I had him gone at the end of this year mainly because he wasn't getting much of it in games I saw. Playing full time in the middle really changed that on Saturday. Two or three more days like that and he stays. Might even be a better prospect than Scooter, Fog or Parsons if a mid comes out soon [Not better than Menagola tho IMO]

Simpson is contracted for next year so wasnt going anywhere anyway but good to hear.

VFL listed player Will Sexton tore and ACL playing for South Barwon on Saturday

Thats sad to hear. I thought he would get rookie listed a few years ago.

B: 48. A. Black, 25. L. Henderson, 43. S. Okunbor
HB: 41. J. Jones, 39. Z. Guthrie, 21. J. Kennerley
C: 20. O. Brownless, 18. C. Constable, 16. S. Selwood
HF: 10. B. Jarvis, 9. Z. Smith, 34. J. Parsons
F: 15. N. Kreuger, 12. W. Buzza, 33. J. Tarca
R: 45. R. Abbott, 19. Q. Narkle, 37. S. Simpson
Int: 62. C. Floyd, 52. J. McLachlan, 75. C. Mitchell, 56. B. Reid, 49. N. Rokahr,
36. B. Schlensog, 55. L. Smith, 51. J. Tsitas
23P: 59. N. Harris

In: Q. Narkle, O. Brownless, B. Schlensog, J. Tarca, J. Parsons, J. Kennerley,
Z. Smith, N. Harris
Out: J. Bews, A. Byrne, L. Fogarty, P. Dowling

Good to see Narkle back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back