Training 2019 Giants Preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmofreo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Anyone else find it painful to watch Callum browns interview on the website. Haha. That is one super chilled Lad. Couldn't get shit out of him so went for the "are you picking up the Aussie slang" line haha

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Simmofreo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
The challenge will be what happens if he gets homesick.
The aboriginal kids are absolute GUNS but it is understandably hard for these boys to be away from family long term.

However from everything I have seen hill is super chilled and happy. Here is hoping he breaks the trend because he is a top bloke and a top footballer

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
The aboriginal kids are absolute GUNS but it is understandably hard for these boys to be away from family long term.

However from everything I have seen hill is super chilled and happy. Here is hoping he breaks the trend because he is a top bloke and a top footballer

Going by social media, seems Zac Williams already assuming the big brother role

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
Going by social media, seems Zac Williams already assuming the big brother role
Good to see.

I think Zac might get some benefit from his time out last year. A chance to see the big picture coaching the NEAFL and mentoring Lachie in the HBF role.

Dont know the player dynamics but I wonder if he's a chance for the leadership group.

fridgeman

Club Legend
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone have any thoughts on which players could be picked to play in the AFL X?
I would be ok with all the 1st and 2nd year players except Bonar and then the fringe players although I think each team will be asked to allow 1 star/A grader play and I think with the 25 players per team they will probably only play 20-30 minutes of game time anyway but maybe Tomlinson as he is durable and a good runner
I think they should have gone with the state teams as that way some parochialism will come into it but from reading it sounds like Marvel must be putting in significant money
Not sure on the format but I would imagine 3 games each and then the final for the 2 top teams

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone have any thoughts on which players could be picked to play in the AFL X?
I would be ok with all the 1st and 2nd year players except Bonar and then the fringe players although I think each team will be asked to allow 1 star/A grader play and I think with the 25 players per team they will probably only play 20-30 minutes of game time anyway but maybe Tomlinson as he is durable and a good runner
I think they should have gone with the state teams as that way some parochialism will come into it but from reading it sounds like Marvel must be putting in significant money
Not sure on the format but I would imagine 3 games each and then the final for the 2 top teams
Pretty sure Zac William's will be playing for the indigenous team if he wants to, and is fit. It would look petty otherwise.

I doubt Kelly or Toby, both have had post season surgery and their pre-seasons will be carefully scheduled.

I agree Tomlinson and I'd include Whitfield. Tommo and ideal tall if you play one and AFLX will suit both. Langdon maybe.

Last year we nominated Scully and Whitfield and Scully was withdrawn from injury.

There's a fair bit of money on offer for the players this year, and it's low contact/risk. We might actually nominate players who need the cash but would they get selected in the query I guess.

In general I dont think we'll want to be seen as recalcitrant and it is one day in Melbourne.

fridgeman

Club Legend
AFL Club
GWS
The breakdown of the age demographic of the club with a possible best 22 (23 listed) in bold
2000 6 Caldwell, Hately, O'Halloran, Hill, Idun, Brown
1999 5 Bonar, Taylor, Daniels, Shipley, Briggs
1998 4 Taranto, Perryman, Cumming, Sproule
1997 3 Hopper, Flynn, J Buckley
1996 2 HH, TOJ
1995 2 Kelly, Langdon
1994 4 Whitfield, Williams, Corr, Stein
1993 8 Coniglio, Greene, Cameron, Tomlinson, Buntine, Patton, Sheridan, D Buckley
1992 3 Haynes, Kennedy, Lloyd
1990 4 Ward, Davis, MDB, Keefe
1989 2 Simpson, Reid
1987 1 Deledio
1986 1 Mumford
1985 1 Shaw

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies, Wanderers
The breakdown of the age demographic of the club with a possible best 22 (23 listed) in bold
2000 6 Caldwell, Hately, O'Halloran, Hill, Idun, Brown
1999 5 Bonar, Taylor, Daniels, Shipley, Briggs
1998 4 Taranto, Perryman, Cumming, Sproule
1997 3 Hopper, Flynn, J Buckley
1996 2 HH, TOJ
1995 2 Kelly, Langdon
1994 4 Whitfield, Williams, Corr, Stein
1993 8 Coniglio, Greene, Cameron, Tomlinson, Buntine, Patton, Sheridan, D Buckley
1992 3 Haynes, Kennedy, Lloyd
1990 4 Ward, Davis, MDB, Keefe
1989 2 Simpson, Reid
1987 1 Deledio
1986 1 Mumford
1985 1 Shaw
This just makes me feel old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
So the major time trial on Thursday? It seems we've changed to 2k this year.

Tommo pretty easily is my tip.

Interesting to see if Sheridan can challenge him.

De Boer if he runs for himself and not with Cogs this year should go well.

Cogs does seem to be focussing on his running and should go well.

Ward put it out there he needs to do better after after the McConnell cup, so it's delivery time for him.

Shipley I hope does well A strong off-season after some setbacks would be great.

Was Hateley's performance in the McConnell cup just a matter if slipping past the handicapper?

AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Kilda, Dragons, Bucks
Moderator #44

captainMyCaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Thread starter #45
Top Bottom