Training 2019 Giants Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, sorry to disturb but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the car parking situation will be like at Blacktown on Saturday night.

The Giants website says "Limited general public parking is available for a small cost."

Don't mind paying, just don't want to get there and have nowhere to park. Thanks.

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-02-25/match-day-information-jlt-1-and-aflw-round-5

When i went to last fridays practice game the carpark was full and I would say around 500 people were there so they will need to have alternative carparking for the crowd as there is not many public transport options but depending on the weather they may have another area for car parking

Hi guys, sorry to disturb but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the car parking situation will be like at Blacktown on Saturday night.

The Giants website says "Limited general public parking is available for a small cost."

Don't mind paying, just don't want to get there and have nowhere to park. Thanks.

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-02-25/match-day-information-jlt-1-and-aflw-round-5

There’s parking across the road near the soccer fields - not a lot but a lot more than there was a couple of years ago.

There’s also parking in behind the baseball field (turn at the lights, then right at the round-about) that’s where we usually park. There’s more parking if you turn left at the round about but it’s further to walk.

For big matches they’ve been known to open up the soccer field behind the baseball field (straight at the roundabout) to park on.

If you are way early enough and get lucky you might be able to park at the actual ground but there’s no guarantees. That would be the limited parking they’re talking about.

Cheers guys that's brilliant.

I actually usually park behind the baseball fields for NEAFL matches but that's only because I want to turn right back onto Eastern Road to go home which you can't do with the entrance to the actual ground.

hi, where is cumming at?
Hard to say.

There were indications last year that he's highly regarded and close. I have to say he didn't look at standout in the practice match.

I'm hopeful for this year, with Perryman flagged for the midfield and Finlayson seemingly falling out of favour at least for now, he might move up the pecking order. Probably needs guys to fall away or do really brilliant things in the JLT to start the season though.

It's usual for us to give guys a few games then send them back to the NEAFL to work on things. Hus next chance is the one he really needs to sueze and I think it'll come at some point this year.

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-02-26/stars-to-be-unveiled-across-jlt-series

Press release on the status on several players

Langdon injured Low grade linsfranc injury and will miss the first part of the season, Shame for him but hopefully he can make it back fast and play an important part in the second half of the year. I think this will open up an opportunity for Daniels and Lloyd
Haynes possible for rd 1 but struggling with his back issue

How do we think the rule changes will help us? If TOJ was playing I would say we will go really long down the wings where possible but I don’t have him in the best 22 so I’m not sure it changes too much for us from kick ins

Maybe the 666 rule will help us as we are generally good around stoppages and have a strong midfield unit.

What do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we think the rule changes will help us? If TOJ was playing I would say we will go really long down the wings where possible but I don’t have him in the best 22 so I’m not sure it changes too much for us from kick ins

Maybe the 666 rule will help us as we are generally good around stoppages and have a strong midfield unit.
some
What do you think?

Positives and negatives from the rule changes and how I see them being able to play, I can see whitfield taking some of the kickins when he is in that area and I think it will be interesting to see how they play the second ruck tomlinson or Flynn if he plays and it may also present an opportunity for Keefe although I am not sure if the coaches would play him as a ruck in the AFL. I think the second JLT game will be the pointer to if they play 2 rucks or go with Tomlinson and HH as fill ins
I am assuming the NEAFL will play to the same rules

Team to be named tonight I would assume?
26 able to be named and the names not under consideration I think are
Patton, Haynes, Langdon, Greene, Tomlinson
Surprised with the reports that Mumford will miss as I would think he would need a few good runs before the season starts and if they need him to come in for rd 3 but I would much rather simpson ran hard in the first half of the season and Mumford came in firing then
I can see a couple of the senior guys being rested for the following week and not sure if Taranto and Hopper will play after the run they had in last weeks game

What do you think?
I'm think Adam Kennedy or Zac Williams take the kick ins. We tend to want to go long to the wings anyway. Historically it'd be Heater but he scares me kicking in.

We play 7 backs around 75% per cent of the time at centre bounces according to AFL stats and 6 virtually all of the remainder. That'll be interesting.
It could mean Zac William's or Lachie Whitfield will have to be accountable for a forward, and perhaps hard to play them both back, with defence rather than rebound critical. Just a guess tactics are hard to understand.

It is only compulsory for centre square stoppages though. It could be the Ruck just takes the ball and wrestles forcing a stoppage with no restrictions. That's allowed now.

Good to see a strong lineup named and not sure how to rate the swans as I am not sure where to rate some of their younger players and missing buddy is big
Surprised with both Caldwell and Hately in but maybe it is to give them a taste of it and they will work harder to reach that level and I would have liked to see Sproule have a run as that tall option
I can see about 4 players just having half games Shaw Deledio and Kelly spring to mind but maybe they will see how the game goes for those decisions, I am excited to see Deledio although just to see him get through a quarter will be good enough for me
No Corr so hoping he is able to play the second JLT as nothing has been mentioned about him in any media I have read

It maybe a 4 way battle for Haynes spot between Taylor,Buntine, Keefe and TOJ and also in the forward line with Reid, Lloyd, Bonar and Daniels and the other one I am interested to see where he plays is Perryman

Guys, Toranto to step up to the elite this year? I’m thinking with Sheil gone he should flourish?
He will have the opportunity to spend plenty of time around the ball and he definitely has the skills but just if it comes together for him IMO
I would have him as the fifth mid behind Ward, Coniglio, Kelly and Hopper so he should have plenty of opportunities
I think it depends on your definition of "Elite" but I would think he would be aiming to average 20 to 25 touches he could go close to 5 touches and tackles and then if he spends some time in the forward line 10-15 goals would be good and more would be better

We'd certainly love it if he stepped all the way to elite - but absolutely expecting him to take further strides as a 'first choice' mid with the departures of Shiel & Scully. The scratch match against Swans last week showed he has the capacity to do so, hopefully, luck's on his side in relation to injuries etc.

My lineup for JLT 2 (24 in the squad)

Shaw Davis Buntine
Williams Corr Kennedy
Whitfield Ward Kelly
Greene Cameron Taranto
MDB HH Lloyd
Simpson Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Deledio Perryman Daniels

2 of
Flynn Bonar Caldwell Taylor
Depending on:
1 or 2 rucks?
Did Caldwell do enough/Did Bonar do enough?
Is Corr near match fit?
Do they rest a mid like Taranto/Ward/Coniglio? (If so 3 names from above and question 2 maybe redundant)

My lineup for JLT 2 (24 in the squad)

Shaw Davis Buntine
Williams Corr Kennedy
Whitfield Ward Kelly
Greene Cameron Taranto
MDB HH Lloyd
Simpson Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Deledio Perryman Daniels

2 of
Flynn Bonar Caldwell Taylor
Depending on:
1 or 2 rucks?
Did Caldwell do enough/Did Bonar do enough?
Is Corr near match fit?
Do they rest a mid like Taranto/Ward/Coniglio? (If so 3 names from above and question 2 maybe redundant)
I think Taylor showed enough to be strongly considered best 22, Hately defeintely did but is in a queue I guess.
I'd like to see Xavier given a run and I hope we persist with flynn

I think Taylor showed enough to be strongly considered best 22, Hately defeintely did but is in a queue I guess.
I'd like to see Xavier given a run and I hope we persist with flynn

I am sure opportunites will come for all of those mentioned but I think a priority should be game time for Flynn as he needs it for his development IMO
Not sure about Xavier as he didnt play in the scratch match so he may be short on fitness of a niggle as I thought he would have been considered for that game
I dont think Taylor has the strength to play on tall forwards yet but as an interceptor or playing on medium forwards he should be ok but it all comes down to Corr and his fitness but he should have an opportunity in the first half of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back