2019 Giro D'Italia

Remove this Banner Ad

2 minutes on Nibbles... all over
3 minutes on Roglic. Lotto Soudal need to sack that mechanic, cost Campy the stage.

Doing the maths in my head, it's a race in 4 (Roglic, Nibali +1'44, Mollema +1'54, Jungels +2'17) but more realistically a race in 2 with Nibali, I can't honestly see Mollema gaining basically 3 minutes of time before the final TT, or Jungels needing 3 and a half from here barring a bad crash. Roglic's odds should be very short in the morning.

Disastrous for Yates. But I guess stopping the brits winning the last 5 grand tours is a good thing... Hopefully O'Connor can challenge Lopez, Carthy or Geoghegan Hart for the white jersey.

So two flat stages before we head into the mountains, where I expect Roglic, Nibali, Mollema and Jungels to put the foot down. Yates and Chaves need to have a really strong second week if they're any chance at a podium finish.

I know we all hate seeing crashes but that has opened up the points comp significantly, with Ackerman only a solitary point ahead of Demare. Hopefully tht will convince the latter to stick around for the three weeks to make it interesting. Can't see Ewan going past tonight's stage.

Tonight's stage looks brutal. 75 km of climbing, and going up a total of a little under 4 km total. Pity I have to get up early tomorrow :(

I haven't been able to watch this year, just caught some highlights. Roglic is paying $1.80 at sportsbet. Surely he should be about $1.25 with the .25 just in case he stacks bad, gets sick or blows up. Am I missing something here?

I haven't been able to watch this year, just caught some highlights. Roglic is paying $1.80 at sportsbet. Surely he should be about $1.25 with the .25 just in case he stacks bad, gets sick or blows up. Am I missing something here?
Nibali factor. Vincenzo often finds that extra gear in the last week of the Giro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did exactly what we were hoping for, right Vader?

Carapaz probably wins from here, half think that Nibali and Roglic need to team up and go attacking early to break Carapaz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back