Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Patmore: Will he be a back flanker/winger/forward flanker like in 2018, or will he be a centre square mid in the SANFL like the 1st trial in 2019 before he did an ACL.
Watts: Can he come back and fill a 3rd tall defender spot, and can we fit both him and Hoff back there with 1 as a floating sweeper type?

Really want to know how these two are tacking back after injury.
Rated Patmore based on what he displayed early last year, and Watts may have found a spot as a floating back, but both got injured.

Players to keep an eye on:

Patmore: Will he be a back flanker/winger/forward flanker like in 2018, or will he be a centre square mid in the SANFL like the 1st trial in 2019 before he did an ACL.
Watts: Can he come back and fill a 3rd tall defender spot, and can we fit both him and Hoff back there with 1 as a floating sweeper type?
Cox/Farrell/Woodcock/Motlop: Can any of these guys fill a forward spot in the AFL side?
Hayes: We've seen Ladhams at AFL level, but 2020 could be the year Hayes gets a game too.
Garner: Can he crack into the 22 and be a regular in the back pocket?
A good post, no slagging off, just some info for us to watch out for. Thanks.

Only two senior guys wanting to come back early tells you all you need to know about this mob.
Not quite right, only 2 senior guys on the ground while Lee Gaskin was there. I have been reliably informed there has been a steady stream of players going in and out of Alberton for weeks. If you somehow think, that how often players attend non compulsory training (whilst media is there) has any correlation to how the club or specific player performs you probably need to have a rethink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite right, only 2 senior guys on the ground while Lee Gaskin was there. I have been reliably informed there has been a steady stream of players going in and out of Alberton for weeks. If you somehow think, that how often players attend non compulsory training (whilst media is there) has any correlation to how the club or specific player performs you probably need to have a rethink.
I've been reliably informed most are still necking beers & instagramming but you know it's all what you choose to believe.

Enjoy the free scarf & kool aid.
Because its always best to go on to a club Forum and be the guy who bags the s**t out of everything the club does, and then line up when they have some success and tell us all you knew they could do it.
Enjoy your self pity.

Because its always best to go on to a club Forum and be the guy who bags the s**t out of everything the club does, and then line up when they have some success and tell us all you knew they could do it.
Enjoy your self pity.
No one is lining up m8 we've been in the wilderness for the best part of 20 years.

There probably isn't a one size fits all approach to how a senior player goes about their pre season. I'm sure they are all entitled to the same amount of leave and a break away from the club would be good for most i would imagine, everyone needs a break every now and then. And it's not like they wouldn't be keeping their fitness levels up, surely the game has moved past the days of guys rocking up to training out of shape (probably why AJ didn't last on the list). So I wouldn't be too concerned that there aren't many senior players there when it is only meant to be the 1-4 year players.

On the flipside, some players might get itchy feet and need to be around the club and teammates early, it might help with their motivation levels for training and that is fine too.

As long as they are all hitting the track hard in December.

There probably isn't a one size fits all approach to how a senior player goes about their pre season. I'm sure they are all entitled to the same amount of leave and a break away from the club would be good for most i would imagine, everyone needs a break every now and then. And it's not like they wouldn't be keeping their fitness levels up, surely the game has moved past the days of guys rocking up to training out of shape (probably why AJ didn't last on the list). So I wouldn't be too concerned that there aren't many senior players there when it is only meant to be the 1-4 year players.

On the flipside, some players might get itchy feet and need to be around the club and teammates early, it might help with their motivation levels for training and that is fine too.

As long as they are all hitting the track hard in December.
true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back