Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

its funny not to have any of the leadership team there to set an example

This is the crux of it.

I accept that senior players could be off doing their own training and come back to the club refreshed in a couple of weeks, etc. But I'm not overly convinced there are many self motivated Boaks in our midst. I suspect all they're doing is holidaying whilst vaguely following their fitness programme that is designed to make sure they don't come back looking like Stuart Dew.

But as far as the captains go, if you're not there setting the tone from day 1 of the pre season, you're just not serious about leadership.

Props to Robbie and Jack for getting themselves out there. You'd expect it from Robbie but it certainly shows Jack has become more serious about his football.

This is the crux of it.

I accept that senior players could be off doing their own training and come back to the club refreshed in a couple of weeks, etc. But I'm not overly convinced there are many self motivated Boaks in our midst. I suspect all they're doing is holidaying whilst vaguely following their fitness programme that is designed to make sure they don't come back looking like Stuart Dew.

But as far as the captains go, if you're not there setting the tone from day 1 of the pre season, you're just not serious about leadership.

Props to Robbie and Jack for getting themselves out there. You'd expect it from Robbie but it certainly shows Jack has become more serious about his football.

Jack's there because it's to cold for the pool. Actually, taking a look at the forecast, he may get a solid weeks training in.

Come next Monday though, it'll all be about the Schwimmen und Titten.

Can we have just 1 thread where we don't cry over, bitch about and deride the coach and discuss the thread topic

We get it, you want the coach sacked

Its F***ing pathetic
Couldn't agree more. My visits to the Forum have been less and less recently. Sick of the whining about coaches, leadership, list decisions and now who rolls up to a non compulsory training session. Captains getting canned for not being there on day 1. We don't know if they were there or not. What if they aren't, one got married on the weekend "sorry honey have to go to Alberton today, training has started and if I'm not there the place is going to fall down due to lack of leadership". If I for one minute think that anyone at the club is not doing their absolute best I'm more than happy to bag them out. Get it through your heads, the intention by all involved, is to be successful, but this constant derision of all and sundry has to stop.

Couldn't agree more. My visits to the Forum have been less and less recently. Sick of the whining about coaches, leadership, list decisions and now who rolls up to a non compulsory training session. Captains getting canned for not being there on day 1. We don't know if they were there or not. What if they aren't, one got married on the weekend "sorry honey have to go to Alberton today, training has started and if I'm not there the place is going to fall down due to lack of leadership". If I for one minute think that anyone at the club is not doing their absolute best I'm more than happy to bag them out. Get it through your heads, the intention by all involved, is to be successful, but this constant derision of all and sundry has to stop.

The club has made a rod for its own back with its smug attitude in spite of 15 years of abject failure. Certain players and coaches, doubly so.

The fact that getting married on the weekend is seen as a legitimate excuse for your captain not to train says it all. What would Fos Williams say about that? He'd say Jonas is a no hoper.

The senior players aren't required at training yet, this is written into their CBA. But notice how Robbie Gray - the 3 x B&F winning, 4 x All Australian - is there at the age of 31. If you want to be the best, you need to do more than just the minimum. Our club is by and large happy to accept the minimum and that's why we finish 10th every year.

The club has made a rod for its own back with its smug attitude in spite of 15 years of abject failure. Certain players and coaches, doubly so.

The fact that getting married on the weekend is seen as a legitimate excuse for your captain not to train says it all. What would Fos Williams say about that? He'd say Jonas is a no hoper.

The senior players aren't required at training yet, this is written into their CBA. But notice how Robbie Gray - the 3 x B&F winning, 4 x All Australian - is there at the age of 31. If you want to be the best, you need to do more than just the minimum. Our club is by and large happy to accept the minimum and that's why we finish 10th every year.

Are you for real?

Robbie Gray didn't come back to training even though he was required to when he got married because he was on his honeymoon, and the club said that was fine. And you're saying that Jonas isn't allowed the time off he's entitled to?

I don't rate Jonas as a leader because of his attitude, but I'm not getting on his back, or any other senior player, for not turning up to walk laps of the oval. All I care about is how hard they train when its time to go to work.

Are you for real?

Robbie Gray didn't come back to training even though he was required to when he got married because he was on his honeymoon, and the club said that was fine. And you're saying that Jonas isn't allowed the time off he's entitled to?

I don't rate Jonas as a leader because of his attitude, but I'm not getting on his back, or any other senior player, for not turning up to walk laps of the oval. All I care about is how hard they train when its time to go to work.
Gray's multiple B&F's, All Australian's, the MVP affords him to pick and choose when he takes extra leave.

Jonas and Wines's achievements are:

Gray's multiple B&F's, All Australian's, the MVP affords him to pick and choose when he takes extra leave.

Jonas and Wines's achievements are:

Neither Jonas or Wines are taking extra leave. They just aren't coming back early. Who cares?

If they come back in the condition Aidyn Johnson did, then you can complain about it.

Neither Jonas or Wines are taking extra leave. They just aren't coming back early. Who cares?

If they come back in the condition Aidyn Johnson did, then you can complain about it.
I expect Wines to come back built like a 90-95kg midfielder with a functioning shoulder and not whatever 100kg flimsy iceberg he's decided to become.

I couldn't care less what the SANFL quality defender Jonas comes back as, since he should be nowhere near our team unless he's putting in AA numbers as a defender. Because when he's not playing like one of the best defenders in the league he's playing like one of the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I for one minute think that anyone at the club is not doing their absolute best I'm more than happy to bag them out. Get it through your heads, the intention by all involved, is to be successful, but this constant derision of all and sundry has to stop.
Their intentions are irrelevant, They're either capable of making us successful or they are not. Your post is basically the definition of accepting mediocrity, which is one of our most embarrassing traits at the moment.

Time to get back to what we stand for....
1572840736392.png

Iā€™m not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Players have a right to take holidays, and if you pressure them to come back and train early that kind of evaporates that right.

At the same time if coming back to training a week or two early ha a massive impact on your season then it would be a no brainer.

Youā€™d hope the football department know exactly how long they need and that the preseason is actually longer than it needs to be, but when you see Boak have the best season of his life after going to the USA it does make you question it a little.

That said, the extra training mightnā€™t really matter more so the attitude of getting the most out of every session.

Their intentions are irrelevant, They're either capable of making us successful or they are not. Your post is basically the definition of accepting mediocrity, which is one of our most embarrassing traits at the moment.

Time to get back to what we stand for....
View attachment 774297
So itā€™s come to selective editing of posts.
Further proof of mine and a lot of other posters thoughts. To many people on here are just constantly taking negative scattergun approaches to everything the club does.
For the sake of everyone just move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back