Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But after showcasing his skill as a dangerous half-forward, Rozee will use this pre-season to help prepare for a shift into an onball role.

"Hopefully as the year progresses I can push into the midfield a little bit more," Rozee told reporters on Monday.

"Endurance is probably the main thing I want to improve, especially if I'm looking to move into the midfield.

"Hopefully keep building that and maybe put on a few more kilos as well will help me move into the midfield."

Rozee was one of nine Power youngsters, along with Zak Butters, Xavier Duursma, Powell-Pepper, Dan Houston, Riley Bonner, Riley Grundy, Jake Patmore and Tobin Cox, who began pre-season training at Alberton Oval on Monday.

Four-time All-Australian Robbie Gray and experienced utility Jack Watts, who is on the comeback trail from a badly broken leg, were also on the track.

Another notable face was Taj Schofield, a highly rated 17-year-old prospect eligible to be taken as a father-son selection in next year's draft.

Power players who were involved in the club's SANFL finals campaign will return to training with the rest of the squad on November 18.

why the * are these first year players getting ******* preseason photos of them taken when they should be concentrating on footy??????

Can we have just 1 thread where we don't cry over, bitch about and deride the coach and discuss the thread topic

We get it, you want the coach sacked

Its F***ing pathetic

Whenever a thread isn't about sacking Hinkley, all the posters should be asking, 'where's the calls to sack Hinkley?'

Every single club that has won a flag to time immemorial has done so on the back of an unwavering belief and commitment to each other, usually against the odds. While the favourites may win the premiership, there is always a story about how something that could have destroyed them instead galvanised them, even if that story happened the year before - it's never, ever just a linear progression.

I just never thought this club's own supporters would be the thing that it would have to galvanise against. It's kind of sad, really.

Every single club that has won a flag to time immemorial has done so on the back of an unwavering belief and commitment to each other, usually against the odds. While the favourites may win the premiership, there is always a story about how something that could have destroyed them instead galvanised them, even if that story happened the year before - it's never, ever just a linear progression.

I just never thought this club's own supporters would be the thing that it would have to galvanise against. It's kind of sad, really.
I agree. For example , Richmond supporters were totally caring and supportive in all those years pre-2017.

If Ken Hinkley somehow bumps us into a flag and, absolutely bursting with vindication, stands up on the dais screaming “STICK THIS UP YOUR FIGBOOTY!” then we’ve done our job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone help me,
Surely there is more than 9 guys starting pre season officially today?
Isn't it 1-3 year players? Or is are list that cooked that that's it?

There’s a couple of extras too (white shorts and caps) :)

How much can you read into a six-second video of Charlie Dixon from the other side of the world? A lot.
As Port Adelaide’s 1-4 year players returned for pre-season training on Monday, a video was posted to Instagram showing their 29-year-old teammate looking as fit, lean, strong and agile as ever in his four years at the club.

Finally injury free after an horrific broken ankle hijacked his past 12 months, Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.

3bf8b684426ac90a88939dc22c6801fd

So together they (Boak and Dixon) have spent the past two weeks training at the Red Bull High Performance Centre in California where they’ve been grappling, lifting weights, stretching, kicking and marking.

Alongside them has been Western Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli who like Boak is another of the competition’s most powerful athletes.

How much can you read into a six-second video of Charlie Dixon from the other side of the world? A lot.
As Port Adelaide’s 1-4 year players returned for pre-season training on Monday, a video was posted to Instagram showing their 29-year-old teammate looking as fit, lean, strong and agile as ever in his four years at the club.

Finally injury free after an horrific broken ankle hijacked his past 12 months, Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.

So together they (Boak and Dixon) have spent the past two weeks training at the Red Bull High Performance Centre in California where they’ve been grappling, lifting weights, stretching, kicking and marking.

Alongside them has been Western Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli who like Boak is another of the competition’s most powerful athletes.

Good to see he had time to train between "sinking beers on a beach" like all the other senior players :$:rolleyes:

I would like to see this video. I couldn't see it in the article?

Good to see he had time to train between "sinking beers on a beach" like all the other senior players :$:rolleyes:
Ollie was over there with them. Had me excited that he was ready to hit the red bull circuit with Boaky. But nope, he was just there for the fun bits and he flew home to be by his co-captains side...

Ollie was over there with them. Had me excited that he was ready to hit the red bull circuit with Boaky. But nope, he was just there for the fun bits and he flew home to be by his co-captains side...

Strength isn't a weakness for Wines. He needs to focus on running. It was more pleasing that he went over there to bond with guys like Dixon and Amon who probably don't get an invite up to the river like Jonas does.

I would like to see this video. I couldn't see it in the article?

I couldn't see it either. I had a look around on Instagram but didn't see it there.

There must be someone tech savvy here who can fill in the blanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back