Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerBaz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I couldn't see it either. I had a look around on Instagram but didn't see it there.

There must be someone tech savvy here who can fill in the blanks.

Boak and Dixon did lots of stories, they only hang for 24 hrs.

Lots of things like that is really all you ever saw.

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
18 teams could win a flag in the next few years. It’s nothing to do with coaching or talent. It’s about belief and connection

I’d dearly love for us to be the ones to knock Richmond right off their ******* perch.

This forum has been negative since 2015. It hasn’t worked. Hinkley was still reappointed as coach and we still went with co-captains. Surely it’s boring by now? It’s almost as if the club is purposely doing things that piss people off.

Let’s try something new for a change. Maybe they’ll actually do something people agree with like winning a flag.
tenor.gif

FishingRick04

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let's face it, we should be operating in 5 year cycles. If it takes 3 seasons to get 50 games into juniors at best and 5 for the majority. We have 5 year cycles to get the kids to a point where they can consistently influence. Then a 5 year period of dominance.

Perhaps we are entering our dominant period now? hmmm

Smithy7

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry if already posted
This was also posted in The Advertiser ..

Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.
The ankle that required multiple surgeries and kept him out of football until June last year, and even then played its part in restricting him to just nine AFL games for the season, was under serious duress in the video and Dixon did not miss a beat.
It’s clear Dixon - one of Port Adelaide’s barometers - is a long way in front of where he was this time last year.
This time last year he was still recovering from ankle surgery after breaking his leg in the Round 21 loss to West Coast.

Looks like we are going to have a very fit Charlie Dixon in 2020 b geez :)

FishingRick04

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.
The ankle that required multiple surgeries and kept him out of football until June last year, and even then played its part in restricting him to just nine AFL games for the season, was under serious duress in the video and Dixon did not miss a beat.
It’s clear Dixon - one of Port Adelaide’s barometers - is a long way in front of where he was this time last year.
This time last year he was still recovering from ankle surgery after breaking his leg in the Round 21 loss to West Coast.

Hopefully he holds those marks. Kicks those goals

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
18 teams could win a flag in the next few years. It’s nothing to do with coaching or talent. It’s about belief and connection

I’d dearly love for us to be the ones to knock Richmond right off their ******* perch.

This forum has been negative since 2015. It hasn’t worked. Hinkley was still reappointed as coach and we still went with co-captains. Surely it’s boring by now? It’s almost as if the club is purposely doing things that piss people off.

Let’s try something new for a change. Maybe they’ll actually do something people agree with like winning a flag.
So BigFooty posting is the metric that wins an AFL club a premiership.

Just stop posting mate.

GoPorts

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This is a long winded way of saying training the house down.
Having said that I really hope Dixon has a massive year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
By this logic Richmond could pick a squad of 15, walk into the NBA and win a championship there too.

It takes more than just 'connection' to win championships. You also have to be, you know, good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
By this logic Richmond could pick a squad of 15, walk into the NBA and win a championship there too.

It takes more than just 'connection' to win championships. You also have to be, you know, good.
Yeah but if he sticks to this line he doesn't have to make a single testable prediction and can put our performances this year down to connection regardless of what happens.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

I remember in the 2017 preseason when the Bigfooty Richmond board decided collectively to just believe really hard, way harder than they ever had before.

Expat power

Rookie
Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Listening to Westhoff on the radio he sounded so dejected and didn't want to come back. So yeah you're spot on. The only one that strives for excellence is Boak.
Do you mean in the SEN interview? I thought he sounded pretty good. He has 4 kids, one of which is a 4 week old baby and he was on breakfast radio in his holidays. I thougtht he sounded pretty much as expected.

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
Sep 9, 2007
Portland, Oregon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
If it's nothing to do with coaching or talent then why are we wasting money on coaches and highly paid players?
Winning a game of football is about coaching and talent.

Winning a premiership - which means winning multiple games of football - is about belief and connection.

EskimoPAFC

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Top Bottom