Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee will be like the Chad was in 2013, All Aust and B & F in his second year. I reckon only injury will derail this.

Rozee will be like Wingard the same way that Maradona in 1986 was like Geoff Hurst in 1966.

Speaking of getting ahead of ourselves, am I nuts for wanting to bet on Houston for the Brownlow?

So long he isn't even being offered by most sites, but who is actually going to take votes from him? Boak? Wines? Rocky?

(obviously I don't think he is a favourite to win it, but is he insane value at say 500-1? I would think so)

There's always a second-year lag effect for the Brownlow. Get noticed the first elite season, votes the next. Look at Gray's 2014, only polled like 16 votes but dominated and won the coaches best player.

I like Houston but I think the smoke being blown up his arse is a tad over the top I don't see Brownlows (Port players don't win them anyway) & multiple AA's.. I think we latch on to anyone with good skills because we've been starved in that area.

He will be a star. I'm thinking he'll eventually be a 30 touch, 2 goal a game mid.

Ladhams stiff, but I reckon we need to fit Georgiades in.

Ladhams, Hayes and Buzza is good fwd/ruck trio at SANFL level.

I don't want to see Ladhams at SANFL level much this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw that. What was Bergman doing there he looked asleep. Reckon spp could have ended him in the real thing.
Bergman like anybody watching thought he'd marked the ball only Peps went the tackle others held off assuming the mark would be paid.

Touched off the boot maybe.
Yeah, SPP has always been too sloppy. The move down the forward end will be interesting.. I see him hunting defenders with intent.
What I wanna see from Peps is dial back the intensity when disposing the ball. Agree about hunting defenders we need a campaigner or two

in our forward line. None of this nice guy persona.

"State of Origin"
In the afl there are 2 recognised states: Victoria and Interstate.
So it fits fine with their world view
The state where they were born determined whether they play for Victoria or The Rest of Australia = State of Origin, AFL style.
It should be Victoria v. Australia, but AFL wouldn't be able to call it "State of Origin".
Victoria vs States that wish they were Victoria :rolleyes:
Every country has one of those places, I assume. Victoria would be your São Paulo.

P.S.: By the way, in English, the state and the city should be called Saint Paul, instead of São Paulo. After all, we say Austrália Meridional (South Australia); Nova Gales do Sul (New South Wales); etc. São Paulo is easily translatable.

Last edited:
Rucci saying Port is paying second lowest for salary cap in AFL

In the last 2 years we've only really brought in Lycett and Burton on decent money, while losing Wingard, Polec, Ryder, Pittard, Hombsch, Howard, S.Gray, Broadbent etc so it's not surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back