Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Everyone

I'm unsure which threat to post this in so mods, please feel free to move it accordingly.

I am doing a series on the other clubs in the competition with the idea being to understand how they play and what is needed to beat them; for our carlton fan channel.

Thought it would be a good discussion point and it's always interesting to get feedback outside our Carlton bubble.

Cheers and Best of luck for 2020

Hey Everyone

I'm unsure which threat to post this in so mods, please feel free to move it accordingly.

I am doing a series on the other clubs in the competition with the idea being to understand how they play and what is needed to beat them; for our carlton fan channel.

Thought it would be a good discussion point and it's always interesting to get feedback outside our Carlton bubble.

Cheers and Best of luck for 2020

True, Wylie Buzza is "a good replacement given that we've lost Zack Ryder"... not sure how we will cover him really. The Rough Rider was just such an important and unpredictable part of the Port Adelaide arsenal in 2019. Not to mention the Zack Attack, though from memory he usually got free kicks paid against him when he busted that one out.

1583274964810.png

True, Wylie Buzza is "a good replacement given that we've lost Zack Ryder"... not sure how we will cover him really. The Rough Rider was just such an important and unpredictable part of the Port Adelaide arsenal in 2019. Not to mention the Zack Attack, though from memory he usually got free kicks paid against him when he busted that one out.

View attachment 833232
Buzza left Geelong because he couldn't get a game ahead of Curt Hawkins.

Serious commentary, this was good overall, much better than I expected and I think you nailed a lot...

On players you mentioned:
Buzza - Ryder was depth in 2020. Frampton was a seconds player. Buzza will likely be a depth/seconds player, at least in the immediate future.
Rocky - Hope you're correct but would say you're overrating him a little.
Powell-Pepper - Seems more likely to play forward than mid.
Ebert - Not really sure where he will end up this year but doubt he will squeeze in to our forward line again. An all-time great Port player but very much towards the end of his career.
Westhoff - Pretty similar comments to Ebert, but likely to be a defender this year moreso than a utility or forward you would think.
Houston - Underrating him for sure. I'd say likely to be our best player and mid.

Other stuff:
I think in general you haven't really talked about the developing players - guys who played a fair bit of SANFL last season. Marshall not getting a mention in the video was a pretty massive standout - he's a walk up start for me. Drew, Garner were others I didn't see mentioned, I'm sure there were more. Also guys who have developed in other ways, either gotten worse, or moving in to new roles.

Our forward line I think (and hope) you got pretty wrong, or whoever did that projection did. Ebo & Westhoff are unlikely to be there for a substantial amount of time, Butters will probably be played as a forward but should spend a decent amount of time in the mid I think, Rozee more likely to be mid than forward (but also will spend some time there). Pep & Marshall will be up forward, and Bergman, Georgiades & Williams will be pushing for a spot there pretty soon. Cox has also started as forward in both pre-season games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 833232
Apologises pre recording I was going through some footage of paddy Ryder and I got side tracked reminiscing of the old days of wwe and unfortunately subconsciously Zac stuck in my head. What's better is I had on the script after. A redo Paddy in Bold and promptly ignored.

Serious commentary, this was good overall, much better than I expected and I think you nailed a lot...

On players you mentioned:
Buzza - Ryder was depth in 2020. Frampton was a seconds player. Buzza will likely be a depth/seconds player, at least in the immediate future.
Rocky - Hope you're correct but would say you're overrating him a little.
Powell-Pepper - Seems more likely to play forward than mid.
Ebert - Not really sure where he will end up this year but doubt he will squeeze in to our forward line again. An all-time great Port player but very much towards the end of his career.
Westhoff - Pretty similar comments to Ebert, but likely to be a defender this year moreso than a utility or forward you would think.
Houston - Underrating him for sure. I'd say likely to be our best player and mid.

Other stuff:
I think in general you haven't really talked about the developing players - guys who played a fair bit of SANFL last season. Marshall not getting a mention in the video was a pretty massive standout - he's a walk up start for me. Drew, Garner were others I didn't see mentioned, I'm sure there were more. Also guys who have developed in other ways, either gotten worse, or moving in to new roles.

Our forward line I think (and hope) you got pretty wrong, or whoever did that projection did. Ebo & Westhoff are unlikely to be there for a substantial amount of time, Butters will probably be played as a forward but should spend a decent amount of time in the mid I think, Rozee more likely to be mid than forward (but also will spend some time there). Pep & Marshall will be up forward, and Bergman, Georgiades & Williams will be pushing for a spot there pretty soon. Cox has also started as forward in both pre-season games this year.
Thank you for your feedback.

I will watch out for you're SANFL progression with keen interest. We do match up prior to playing. So will look forward to seeing the new ins and outs for the year ahead.

Big fan of Rocky and Ebert. As a carlton fan I see a lot of comments from other clubs regarding their list, so tried to keep it carlton revelent so our fans have a decent knowledge of ins and outs based on the yesr prior and hopefully it's enjoyable and respectful to opposition. So tried to focus on the new people in to the club and let the development etc be seen by us during the year. Glad I did better than you thought. Thanks for watching and hope you have a great year

Apologises pre recording I was going through some footage of paddy Ryder and I got side tracked reminiscing of the old days of wwe and unfortunately subconsciously Zac stuck in my head. What's better is I had on the script after. A redo Paddy in Bold and promptly ignored.

No need to apologise at all, I greatly enjoyed the chance to do some Zack Ryder reminiscing myself... he hasn't crossed my mind at all in at least half a decade

Oh, radioooooooo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back