Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Which nominated player will be the standout of preseason from the social media team, only for Ken to play him once or twice next season?

Players to keep an eye on:

Patmore: Will he be a back flanker/winger/forward flanker like in 2018, or will he be a centre square mid in the SANFL like the 1st trial in 2019 before he did an ACL.
Watts: Can he come back and fill a 3rd tall defender spot, and can we fit both him and Hoff back there with 1 as a floating sweeper type?
Cox/Farrell/Woodcock/Motlop: Can any of these guys fill a forward spot in the AFL side?
Hayes: We've seen Ladhams at AFL level, but 2020 could be the year Hayes gets a game too.
Garner: Can he crack into the 22 and be a regular in the back pocket?

Patmore: Will he be a back flanker/winger/forward flanker like in 2018, or will he be a centre square mid in the SANFL like the 1st trial in 2019 before he did an ACL.
Watts: Can he come back and fill a 3rd tall defender spot, and can we fit both him and Hoff back there with 1 as a floating sweeper type?
Cox/Farrell/Woodcock/Motlop: Can any of these guys fill a forward spot in the AFL side?
Hayes: We've seen Ladhams at AFL level, but 2020 could be the year Hayes gets a game too.
Hayes & Ladhams rucking better than Lycett is a possibility that could be interesting, having said that Hinkley has shown a complete inability to play two rucks effectively so I fear for the form of all three.

I actually rate Lycett , I think him first ruck , I like he way he’s aggressive around the contest and backs himself , he’s a little stiff and not perfect but will still probably improve a bit yet .
Ladhams in the forward pocket to help keep players away from Dixon and Marshall and take the odd mark himself and give Lycett a rest .
There’s a spot there for Farrell, Motlop, Woodcock, Cox whoever can grab it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon needs to have a massive pre season and remain uninjured. Has an opportunity to get himself right for the 1st time in a long time.

Also Mayes and Mckenzie both need to pull something out this year or else they are gone.

I reckon Garner will play 20+ games in 2020. Watts as well.

I’m really keen to see if Butters can have a big second year, hopefully after putting some weight on.

I reckon Boyd Woodcock will be the preseason hero, hopefully he can get himself into the side early!

Hoping Motlop, Mayes, Wines, Hayes, and Marshall all have huge preseasons. Ollie probably being the most important, just to set the standard after such a horrible year in 2019.

I don’t have high expectations after we failed to bring in any forwards, in fact losing Frampton, Howard and even Sam Gray who could all be pretty big losses if we don’t have some players show massive improvement to cover our depth.

Because of that guys like Farrell, Patmore, Butters, Rozee, Marshall, Ladhams, and Hayes will all need to have good to great years for us to do much more than make up the numbers, so hopefully they all have huge preseasons.

I also absolutely can’t wait to see Houston playing again, I’m expecting huge things of him next season. I’m talking AA/BnF winner. His transition to midfield was incredible last year, and I’m hoping he takes it up another level again with a bit more experience in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back