Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Winning a game of football is about coaching and talent.

Winning a premiership - which means winning multiple games of football - is about belief and connection.
lol, you are contradicting yourself.

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let me get this right.

We got all excited about Dixon and Wines going to train in the USA with Boak.

Wines didn’t do anything.

Dixon did a week? And he’s back in Adelaide?

Boak still over there working?

Yes, pre-2017 Richmond fans were well known for their positivity and unwavering belief in their club.

Here's a great example of that well known Richmond positivity. A thread from 2015 with over 10,000 posts and 82.7% of respondents saying that they need Damien Hardwick gone.

Who needs Dusty Martin when you've got all that belief and connection?

Sooo, you do need good coaching and talent then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When winning a flag means winning one game for the season, let me know.

Here's a great example of that well known Richmond positivity. A thread from 2015 with over 10,000 posts and 82.7% of respondents saying that they need Damien Hardwick gone.

Who needs Dusty Martin when you've got all that belief and connection?

There’s no point arguing because now Janus will simply switch tracks and tell you that Richmond fans were wrong and therefore we need to support Hinkley. He’ll create an imaginary win however he wants, regardless of (constant) inconsistencies

Strong recommend to all that your new year’s resolution be to ignore Janus

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There’s no point arguing because now Janus will simply switch tracks and tell you that Richmond fans were wrong and therefore we need to support Hinkley. He’ll create an imaginary win however he wants, regardless of (constant) inconsistencies

But you did a podcast together once upon a time surely not all love is lost between you two (h)

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Winning a game of football is about coaching and talent.

Winning a premiership - which means winning multiple games of football - is about belief and connection.
So following your 'logic' winning a game of football has nothing to do with winning multiple games of football.

Got it.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol, you are contradicting yourself.

The ability to win a game of football is one thing. That requires coaching and talent.

The ability to win a flag, which is what
I’m talking about, requires more than that.

Go look at every premier and you’ll see that their players had belief and connection that was far and beyond everyone else in the competition.

The ability to win a game of football is one thing. That requires coaching and talent.

Go look at every premier and you’ll see that their players had belief and connection that was far and beyond everyone else in the competition.
Port 2004 nearly shat itself in a prelim, and are you going to pretend the Brions relatively lacked for belief and connection after a triple premiership combo?

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I find the continued modern type messaging of a repetitive system/method of play completely uninspiring I mean I know a strong element of that has to exist but our sport just in it's nature has more chance/luck & method out the window type scenarios than most.
You can't just beat method down players throats in a sport which needs to encourage instinct, dare & god forbid even fun.

I think Hardwick discovered this a couple of years ago.

EternalOptimist

Debutant
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

...requires more than that.... You answer your own comments. Agree that connection is apparent in most premiers, in addition to coaching and talent.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

I’m talking about, requires more than that. ...
I agree that it requires more than just coaching and talent but you previously stated that it has nothing to do with either of those things.

Port 2004 nearly shat itself in a prelim, and are you going to pretend the Brions relatively lacked for belief and connection after a triple premiership combo?

No, what I’m saying is the team with the strongest belief and connection wins.

This isn’t a rule of football, or sport, but life...whoever controls the frame of reference between two or more parties controls the outcome. And that comes from belief and congruency of thought aka connection.

I agree that it requires more than just coaching and talent but you previously stated that it has nothing to do with either of those things.

I kind of figured people would know what I was talking about when I said it has nothing to do with them. It doesn’t literally have nothing to do with them, it’s just that those two aspects aren’t the dominant factor in winning a flag.

Otherwise GWS would have three flags by now...unless Cameron is the shittest coach of all time.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham

He posts too much, until Bigfooty also gives me the option to unsee any posters quoting him it just makes it a mess

Last edited:

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham

When we have coaching and talent I'll start saying the club needs to put priority in team care

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I kind of figured people would know what I was talking about when I said it has nothing to do with them. It doesn’t literally have nothing to do with them .....
lol, you can never be wrong in your mind when you have your own private meanings for words.

lol, you can never be wrong in your mind when you have your own private meanings for words.

Sorry for assuming an ability to reason and understand hyperbole.

Back