Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know if I’d be expecting it but good call , I wouldn’t be surprised
Nah, I agree with Janus entirely here. Went expecting expecting him to be an important cog in the middle, left the match thinking 'yeah, he's just the best footballer at the club now.'

Couldn't make the trial due to work so thanks to all for the updates

Revisiting the draft combine results
Bergman - 1st vertical jump and 2nd running vertical jump
Georgiadis - 4th 20m sprint
were these athletic skills evident from what we saw?

Thanks , and what position did Alice Cooper play?

Stand outs for me were Ladhams and Houston.
Was quite telling that Ladhams played for the black team in the second half and Lycett the white. Don’t be surprised if Ladhams is the #1 ruck come round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port went into the 2019 draft with the strategy of securing some goal scoring forwards. The recruiters must be happy with what they saw tonight.

Georgiades was in everything in the first quarter and a bit. Flying for marks, hitting the ground running, tackling and smothering. I can see why we and other clubs were so keen. He's still basically a big skinny kid who needs to get more km's into his legs but when he fills out, watch out. He will clunk big marks and own his forward spot with his attacking and defensive play.

Williams will be a dead set menace. He looks the sort of player who can kick 3 goals from 5 touches, watch out if he gets more than a bit of the ball. Has cat like agility at ground level near goals, can take a big grab and launch a 50m set shot.

Port went into the 2019 draft with the strategy of securing some goal scoring forwards. The recruiters must be happy with what they saw tonight.

Georgiades was in everything in the first quarter and a bit. Flying for marks, hitting the ground running, tackling and smothering. I can see why we and other clubs were so keen. He's still basically a big skinny kid who needs to get more km's into his legs but when he fills out, watch out. He will clunk big marks and own his forward spot with his attacking and defensive play.

Williams will be a dead set menace. He looks the sort of player who can kick 3 goals from 5 touches, watch out if he gets more than a bit of the ball. Has cat like agility at ground level near goals, can take a big grab and launch a 50m set shot.
Yeah they both looked brilliant, it looks like in the last two drafts that has been our strategy taking guys like Butters, Rozee, Georgiades, Bergman, Williams, Mead and even Cox and Woodcock. The good thing as well is that most of these guys have potential to push midfield in the future.

I hope you are right .. But what are Port doing ..
Looks like they have picked up some good players last draft, to go with Rozee, Duursma & Butters. :thumbsu:
Can't bloody wait to see how it all pans out.
Sounds like we are going to hand a good list over to the new coach when ken gets the inevitable DCM in late July

4 years too late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back