Meet Up 2019 Grand Final Meet-up: Royal Hotel Essendon, @ 1:30, Saturday 28 Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
*keeping in mind i only got a small sized fridge probably in the room

All that means is we have to drink all the minis & beer & wine and such that's being kept cold in the fridge so that we can make room for snacks & other goodies

like more beer, wine & such

Be good if mod powers let you actually type swear words

Notified not long ago that my scheduled jury duty for tomorrow is now pushed back to Friday - so *

I'm still going to the game but no idea what time I'll be in Melbourne. Hopefully I'll get up there early enough for a drink

Be good if mod powers let you actually type swear words

Notified not long ago that my scheduled jury duty for tomorrow is now pushed back to Friday - so fu**

I'm still going to the game but no idea what time I'll be in Melbourne. Hopefully I'll get up there early enough for a drink
id be applying for hardships.

POSTPONE!!!

It sucks over here too - They give you a week to be available for and if you are freelance like me, you cant take any work as you might need to get replaced if they call you in. It has cost me 7k once.. as I had to bail on a gig for the week and it was my 3rd postponment.
Of course, the week later I had nothing booked - but to reschedule ( which it wouldnt let me do as id done it already twice) was for 2 months later and id be in the same pile of s**t schedule wise.
And the system gives no care to those whom work like that. It literally is too ******* bad. So I feel your frustrations.

GO Catters

Last edited:
id be applying for hardships.

POSTPONE!!!

It sucks over here too - They give you a week to be available for and if you are freelance like me, you cant take any work as you might need to get replaced if they call you in. It has cost me 7k once.. as I had to bail on a gig for the week and it was my 3rd postponment.
Of course, the week later I had nothing booked - but to reschedule ( which it wouldnt let me do as id done it already twice) was for 2 months later and id be in the same pile of s**t schedule wise.
And the system gives no care to those whom work like that. It literally is too ******* bad. So I feel your frustrations.

GO Catters

Victoria's requirements aren't much better.

I received my first summons at 18. I got out of it as I was a student and was returning to Canberra for second year of uni - Geelong permanent address but resided in Canberra during the uni year.

Looking back on that, I question the sense in 18 year old serving jury duty - I had no real life experience and on the wrong case, it could cause some real mental demons. Surely a minimum age of like 25 makes more sense?

With this one, I received the letter and had 2 weeks to reply with either yes, request deferral or try to get out of it. As stated in the letter, I need to be available between like 19 July and 20 October, if I'm busy during any of that period I can either to another 3 month period or ask to remove say 2 weeks and add them to the end of the time.

It also advises that I will receive a letter giving me 2 weeks notice of the exact date I'm required, but that I need to confirm that at 4:30 the day before - either phone call or receive SMS, to check I'm required and service isn't delayed. If I want to defer at this stage, I can't defer until next week, I have to select one of the next 3 months - super frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back