Preview 2019 Grand Final - Richmond vs GWS, Saturday 28th September, MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Pickett or Ross both have advantages. Both probably slightly different roll.

Ross is going to allow guys to get off the chain for sure as he can do inside stuff.

Pickett is going to keep them guessing structure wise, which could not only allow Pickett to get off the chain, but allow our stars to get off the chain too.

I think that Pickett is a mature campaigner means a lot. It’s not a risk with an 18 year old kid. The blokes lived life, been around the block a few times.

Either way they both will be able to lay tackles and win a bit of ball, or allow others to do so easier.

I think we and GWS both know what Ross can do. I think Pickett hasn’t a huge potential to impact the game. That GWS won’t be able to account for or prepare adequately.

GRIMES ASTBURY VLASTUIN
SHORT HOULI BAKER
CADDY PRESTIA ELLIS
LAMBERT RIEWOLDT EDWARDS
CASTAGNA LYNCH RIOLI
SOLDO COTCHIN MARTIN
NANKERVIS
BROAD
BOLTON
ROSS

Media also building up the injured but brave Whitfield. We won't be allowed to touch him, let alone tackle him. He'll be running around, carving through congestion with space everywhere...slotting them at will. So brave ...

We don't need Towner to play. Just have an hour practising those spear tackles he has perfected. A fair tackle at speed should sort Whitfield out .. might as well wear the label!!

From the worst team since fitzroy

To the worst finals team ever

to the worst 5-0 team ever

to the worst premiership team ever

now then worst 11 game win streak ever..

What's next?
Worse 2x premiership team ever? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it the GWS faux tough guy act can go one of two ways.

We’ll either go into our shells like WB did or it’ll fire us up like it did Brisbane.

We’re not as young as the WB so won’t go into our shells, I think we’ll go the Brisbane route, however we’re much more experienced and composed than Brisbane (at least I’d like to think so), so we won’t kick for goal as inaccurately as Brisbane did.

I reckon going the biff will be to GWS’ detriment, but we’ll see on Saturday.

Pickett is match ready in form.
Ross hasn't played well for a while.
Play Pickett on star mid Kelly, hit and tackle hard.
Then crunch Williams and Taranto, confidence should ebb.
Recent commentary said Kelly's stats were off the charts, pivotal player.

Last edited:
McIntosh, Townsend, and Graham gave us that real hard edge in the 2017 g/f and we also had Rance dominating down back against the bigger fwds and Grigg a 190cm mid giving smarts and run.

We havent replaced that hardness the loss of the first three mentioned in particular has not been replaced. nor the size of Grigg and Rance.

As stated i reckon we should play Ross , Pickett and one of McIntosh or Balta especially if Broad doesnt get the all clear..My outs would be Graham inj, Short and Ellis omitted.
don't know how we can award Ellis with a granny appearance if he isn't willing t stick around next year...give it to a young fella who is gonna be the future of the club

How’s the media basically trying to fire up Mumford to fatally KO our blokes. So glad I’m going to the game so I won’t have to listen to any of the sickening commentary.
And have the violin cases open if our players breathe on theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back