Game Day 2019 Grand Final - WB thread

On a serious note, Greene was up to his one trick pony aggressive tactic again today. The AFL really have to step in on this one. 12 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute.

All 3 recent incidents should be part of the charge.
Three? I saw a GIF of only one and it was typically inconclusive. It didn't look like it would elicit interest from the MRO.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Three? I saw a GIF of only one and it was typically inconclusive. It didn't look like it would elicit interest from the MRO.

Hang on a second there, Dogwatch, he pleaded guilty to the first, one week later he is found guilty on the next one and loses appeal, his next match, today, and there is his latest incident. Three matches in a row, same disreputable behaviour. He is in Hopoate territory, hence:

2.3 Conduct Unbecoming or Prejudicial to the Interests of the AFL
(a) A Person must not engage in conduct which is unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute.
(b) Without limiting the ordinary and legal meaning of any words in Rule 2.3(a), a Person shall be deemed to have engaged in conduct which is unbecoming or likely to prejudice the reputation or interests of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute if a reasonable person would regard that conduct as unbecoming or likely to prejudice the reputation or interests of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute;

Furthermore:

2.5 General Offences
A Person must not:
(c) give any false or misleading evidence to any hearing, investigation, inquiry or appeal conducted under the AFL Rules and Regulations;

He said under oath when pleading guilty for the eye gouge to Bontemplelli that he was sorry for what he had done.

DogDays

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2012
Ex-Melbourne, now Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Take that you nasty little orange campaigners who have been floated in the media as victims, unfortunates, and the special story of the finals with a god given right to win.

The better team gave you a football lesson in what it takes for a TEAM to win the grand final and you were shown up as the gutless pretenders you and your coach are.

And as icing, the special story belongs to an ex-con who made good and played his first AFL game and slotted in nicely.

Karma, she is a b*&$h and the football gods don’t bow before the AFL administration. This would only be sweeter if it was the doggies who’d shown you up for what you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
I might be the only Dog here that's annoyed that Richmond won.
Literally my 18th and 17th preferred teams playing off, but I despise Richmond with a passion. Disappointed in the outcome. GWS didn't even make the flight

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So glad Sheedy wasn’t up on the podium again on GF day.

He was right though, it was the greatest story in the history of the game today.

Not the game or the Tigers flag, the fact the Plastics were embarrassed, kept to their lowest ever score and shown to be pretenders unworthy of a GF spot.

Good stuff Sheedy you piece of ****.

Unorth

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
3 goals and lowest ever score coming in a grand final.

e8a.gif

Hang on a second there, Dogwatch, he pleaded guilty to the first, one week later he is found guilty on the next one and loses appeal, his next match, today, and there is his latest incident. Three matches in a row, same disreputable behaviour. He is in Hopoate territory, hence:

(a) A Person must not engage in conduct which is unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute.
(b) Without limiting the ordinary and legal meaning of any words in Rule 2.3(a), a Person shall be deemed to have engaged in conduct which is unbecoming or likely to prejudice the reputation or interests of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute if a reasonable person would regard that conduct as unbecoming or likely to prejudice the reputation or interests of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute;

Furthermore:

2.5 General Offences
A Person must not:
(c) give any false or misleading evidence to any hearing, investigation, inquiry or appeal conducted under the AFL Rules and Regulations;

He said under oath when pleading guilty for the eye gouge to Bontemplelli that he was sorry for what he had done.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant three times today.

I like your line of reasoning though ... saying he was sorry and then doing it again. But if they were going to ping him for that they could have done it the same night. Didn't he walk out of the tribunal hearing after copping the $7500 fine and when being interviewed outside 5 minutes later say he wasn't going to change his game? Doesn't sound especially sorry does it?

Perhaps he could say he wasn't giving "evidence" just making a plea for mercy?

But when I read that rule I can think of so many players who have helped their opponents get off at the tribunal by saying "naah, he didn't do anything to me". I don't think any of them have been charged with a breach. The Talia inquiry and Cheney's changed testimony (under duress?) is another interesting one in the light of that rule.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS

Furthermore:

2.5 General Offences
A Person must not:

The whole GWS team should be charged under 2.3 (a) they brought the AFL into disrepute.

How crap was that GF.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mainly with illegal tactics... won't happen again

We belted them by 10 goals too

Rubbish

They played hard aggressive footy they we couldn’t combat and had no answer to.

One blokes actions doesn’t mean they all played illegal

I can’t stand them but they beat us fair and square and I HOPE they don’t bitch us like that again

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The same excavation team that tried to find Adelaide after the 2017 grand final, have started digging already to try to find the GWS side tonight

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rubbish

They played hard aggressive footy they we couldn’t combat and had no answer to.

One blokes actions doesn’t mean they all played illegal

I can’t stand them but they beat us fair and square and I HOPE they don’t bitch us like that again
Himmelberg didn't thump Bont behind play?

Here's a hint... yes, yes he did

Back