AFL 2019 - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all over GWS. Outrageous value in what is at worst a 50-50 two-horse race.

The AFL didn't seem to fix last year's GF but the year before that the umpires crucified Adelaide, the year before that they crucified Sydney.

It was as clear as day that they wanted the Bulldogs to win in '16 and the Tigers in '17.

Here's to hoping they fix this one good and proper to gift GWS their first flag.

But let's assume there will be no fixing in this one, just an honest, fair contest.

GWS are bigger, stronger, and more silky across the ground.

When they were getting spanked in the H&A it was largely because they had no forward setup, all three big forwards and Greene spent time out.

Now they have all four back and firing (Cameron / Himmelburg / Finlayson / Greene) and Kelly who also missed heaps of footy during the H&A.

A team which spanked Collingwood for three quarters without Greene and Whitfield is now taking on a Richmond with injury clouds over two players.

I genuinely see a 40-point flogging coming up, and am surprised nobody else can see it.

I lol'd - let me know when you put the tigers up at $1.80 on Betfair plz

Carlton has lost far more than 50% of its two horse races over the last 10 years

I like the setup for the Norm Smith.

I think Rich win so i'm going to exclude GWS players. Dusty's the fav but he'll cop the de Boer tag so out he goes. Reckon GWS defense is good enough to keep Riewoldt and Lynch from kicking a massive bag.

Best options seem to be Prestia who's in good form, picks up disposals and can kick a goal. Houli has been very close in his last GF and was extremely influential against Geel. Perhaps Edwards as a roughie?

If you like GWS Zac Williams can be fantastic running through the middle if you think he stays there. Haynes has also been in wonderful form.

I like the setup for the Norm Smith.

I think Rich win so i'm going to exclude GWS players. Dusty's the fav but he'll cop the de Boer tag so out he goes. Reckon GWS defense is good enough to keep Riewoldt and Lynch from kicking a massive bag.

Best options seem to be Prestia who's in good form, picks up disposals and can kick a goal. Houli has been very close in his last GF and was extremely influential against Geel. Perhaps Edwards as a roughie?

If you like GWS Zac Williams can be fantastic running through the middle if you think he stays there. Haynes has also been in wonderful form.

Yeah Dusty will cop a heavy tag can see him playing forward a lot. Priestia is in great form can’t go wrong there. Maybe Shane Edwards if he plays more midfield time with Martin forward

The AFL didn't seem to fix last year's GF but the year before that the umpires crucified Adelaide, the year before that they crucified Sydney.

It was as clear as day that they wanted the Bulldogs to win in '16 and the Tigers in '17.

Here's to hoping they fix this one good and proper to gift GWS their first flag.

But let's assume there will be no fixing in this one, just an honest, fair contest.

GWS are bigger, stronger, and more silky across the ground.

When they were getting spanked in the H&A it was largely because they had no forward setup, all three big forwards and Greene spent time out.

Now they have all four back and firing (Cameron / Himmelburg / Finlayson / Greene) and Kelly who also missed heaps of footy during the H&A.

A team which spanked Collingwood for three quarters without Greene and Whitfield is now taking on a Richmond with injury clouds over two players.

I genuinely see a 40-point flogging coming up, and am surprised nobody else can see it.
They had them all in last time played and it didn't help

Houli for the Norm Smith for me $11 was stiff not to win it in 2017 been in great form aswell.

I like to look for forwards/half-flankers who can kick a 3+ bag of goals - do we think Castagna can have enough influence in general play outside kicking goals to get himself into Norm contention?
He hasn't had a big game for a while.. maybe he's due ? who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be monitoring bookies so I can smash Dusty unders as soon it comes out. 2+ goals could be a play if we don't get offered a market for disposals, but being the GF and everyone trying to place 26 leg sgms I expect them to put something up at some point.

I think I'll have a nibble at Whitfield for norm smith, should go 30+ on the day and love the influence he has on the team.

Ohh Ok Is this because you expect de Boer to go to Martin?

If so, wouldn't Richmond simply send Martin forward? Does de Boer have the strength to defend against Martin one-on-one in the forward 50?

When was the last time de Boer played Richmond and who did he tag then?

Ohh Ok Is this because you expect de Boer to go to Martin?

If so, wouldn't Richmond simply send Martin forward? Does de Boer have the strength to defend against Martin one-on-one in the forward 50?

When was the last time de Boer played Richmond and who did he tag then?

According to FF Martin was tagged by Lloyd - De Boer didn't play

Like I say every year go to betfair for all your norm Smith bets, especially if you are having a dabble on a roughie

What if all our Betfair funds are tied up on speculative Melbourne Cup ante posts :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back