Official Club Stuff 2019 GWS Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Below are the addons, Note that the AFLW scarf is not going to be produced as the club could not get over the minimum order quanity so there will be a single scarf for both types.

upload_2018-9-20_11-26-40.png

For those interested in the jacket, it looks like this, but without the Giant Amy badge, that version will be sold separately.

upload_2018-9-20_11-28-41.png

From the email today it was the opt out form I got last week. I thought I didn't choose autorollover, I kind of object to automatic renewals in principle. It says do nothing and it will rollover on 3/10/2018, and dolng nothing sounds attractive.

If anyone's considering the 200 club I dont think it's justified on monetary value. I expect the club loses money on it as well, jusrlt an attempt to connect with committed members. The function was interesting, and a lot of money would have been spent on the staff preparing and delivering endless trays of food around the room.

The finals tkts were a two edged sword. It was good not having to worry about getting good seats with Giants supporters. They were physical tkts though. Collectable at HQ or at the ground that looked like a major queing and waiting thing. Easier to pay online and print.

Might have mattered more for the GF where cat 1 at $435 was guaranteed. I think in the online lottery you have to take what you're offerred from cat 1 to standing room

5k a day? Works for me.
d0e27ff6de39f2fed3229877fcab85b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I wonder if that's all the rollovers? Seems light. Mine did yesterday but it would be interesting to know if they're done in batches. You'd get a busy couple of days sorting out rejects and enquiries after I would think . Maybe spreading the workload?

Switching from an Adelaide Oval membership, to a GWS Canberra membership for 2019 after the big move up to Bathurst.

Any experienced Canberra folk think the Platinum membership is worth it? Or better to stick with the GA?
75% of Manuka is not covered, the covered part is reserved seating. You wont get much choice of seats but the club will try if you call. Nowhere is very high if that matters anyway. If it doesn't rain being in the stands as opposed to the open seating probably doesn't matter much.
I'm a Sydney resident who usually goes down for games, but as you suggested locals could probably add more.

Switching from an Adelaide Oval membership, to a GWS Canberra membership for 2019 after the big move up to Bathurst.

Any experienced Canberra folk think the Platinum membership is worth it? Or better to stick with the GA?
Welcome to Canberra if you do switch! We just take the Gold membership. (Also has been priority 2 for GF tickets.) It puts us uncovered; we like Bay 28 to just outside the 50 metre line at the non-scoreboard/GWS cheersquad end. Previously were GA, around the other side but inside the 50 metre arc. As ICNo1 said, nothing really high except for the uncovered seats on the open side wing. I've sat up there for pre-season games to get a better look at formations. Depends how you like to watch your footy really - covered, grass, seated but close to goals or midfield.

Just got an email telling me I'm entitled to a Polo and Orange Army Jacket, but they need the size. Click the link... . annnnnd it's dead. I'll try tomorrow and call if have to Iguess.

The orange army add on is great value. You dont actually have to sit with them, but you can. I usually dont as an ultimate member but interstateI want the option.

Jacket provided and it's not really advertised but the club organises tkts at any venue there's a chance of an issue, or finals. Possibly even cheap seats on the club(Virgin) plane. Not sure how it works for the GF if we get there. I pay for the 200 club so I wont use that option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to start breaking that 15 to 17k avg.

We can do that and thatll shut up allot of naysayers.

Yeah I agree. This is the one thing that frustrates me. I know the building thing. I'm a foundation member I get it. But it frustrates me when you have 25k members and 5k at a game.

I have just grown up learning that you become a member to go and enjoy live sport. Not for a grand final guaranteed ticket if we make it. Unfortunately there are a few of those.

There are 4 of us that go and hopefully my daughter soon too. Was just me the first few years. and we have a great day out. Gonna do the Canberra trips this year too.

Hope more people come out and get involved

Go giants

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting few facts from the stadium- A GWS home game averages $7.50 per person average spend. Means lots of fans pack their own food and buy one drink etc. Comparatively there was a gaelic football game on at spotless the other week with an average spend of $17.50 pp.

Take aways... the irish are pissheads and GWS is still family focused

Interesting few facts from the stadium- A GWS home game averages $7.50 per person average spend. Means lots of fans pack their own food and buy one drink etc. Comparatively there was a gaelic football game on at spotless the other week with an average spend of $17.50 pp.

Take aways... the irish are pissheads and GWS is still family focused
Damn I'm close to the average. I usually buy a bottle of water and a coffee at $8. I do drink but not often at the Footy. I dont pack food, but I get families would.

Damn I'm close to the average. I usually buy a bottle of water and a coffee at $8. I do drink but not often at the Footy. I dont pack food, but I get families would.
Part of the stadium profit goes to the giants after the afl paid for the upgrade meaning our attendance only needs to be about 6k to make a profit. It’s literally dirt cheap as far as stadium costs go

Bottom line.... the more u drink the better off the club is

Hook in

Part of the stadium profit goes to the giants after the afl paid for the upgrade meaning our attendance only needs to be about 6k to make a profit. It’s literally dirt cheap as far as stadium costs go

Hook in
I do my best

Hook in
I go to the footy to watch it. To me it requires a lot of concentration to try and figure out what's going on tactically, and it requires concentration.

I made an exception for Isaac Cumming's debut, it's not completely set in stone. In fact I'm grateful that security didn't make an issue if the fact we were pretty pissed turning up for that game.

My membership was over $900 this year with the AFLW, Orange Army and 200 club add ons. I do my bit.

The 200 club is really just a bit of insight to help me understand the tactics. Good finals seats is a plus but they are manual tkts that have to be collected from the club at short notice or at the gate. You also have to complete a manual form and scan it back to order them. The last thing I want to do going into the G fir a big game is to introduce another queue in the process, so it's a trip to HQ.

I go to the footy to watch it. To me it requires a lot of concentration to try and figure out what's going on tactically, and it requires concentration.

I made an exception for Isaac Cumming's debut, it's not completely set in stone. In fact I'm grateful that security didn't make an issue if the fact we were pretty pissed turning up for that game.

My membership was over $900 this year with the AFLW, Orange Army and 200 club add ons. I do my bit.

The 200 club is really just a bit of insight to help me understand the tactics. Good finals seats is a plus but they are manual tkts that have to be collected from the club at short notice or at the gate. You also have to complete a manual form and scan it back to order them. The last thing I want to do going into the G fir a big game is to introduce another queue in the process, so it's a trip to HQ.
Look it’s just a little insight into how stadiums are run

Interestingly parra stadium charges about 220k per game for the wanderers where as spotless is only 20k per game

Hence the uproar when parra said they wouldn’t pay the fee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back