Official Club Stuff 2019 GWS Membership

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Is it just me or are we travelling a bit slower this year?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Think we may go backwards with membership numbers but grow our attendance figures?
35d00d0d1a054727ed9d6a6207d7e9ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Actually just checked and we were at around 16,105 at the same time last year so slightly higher. My apologies.

It appears our leaps arent as big as previous years.

Probably wont see as big jump in numbers until the kids growing up with the grassroots we have now become adults.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure on the growth of numbers of previous years but would most of the current figure be the ones with rollover memberships? I can see the biggest jumps happening from 2 weeks before the start of the season and then again before the first Canberra game

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure on the growth of numbers of previous years but would most of the current figure be the ones with rollover memberships? I can see the biggest jumps happening from 2 weeks before the start of the season and then again before the first Canberra game
Yep

Our memberships have a box to tick for auto rollover though. I think many clubs dont. It means a fair percentage probably deselect. I meant to on principle but somehow didn't. They sent me an opt out form with all the new pricing in plenty of time though, so I'm gonna leave it.

Yesterday was the last day that guarrantees the card and pack by round one, so if you do buy late you might have to pick up your card or a tkt on the way in.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Actually just checked and we were at around 16,105 at the same time last year so slightly higher. My apologies.

It appears our leaps arent as big as previous years.

Probably wont see as big jump in numbers until the kids growing up with the grassroots we have now become adults.

I think some wait to see how the team looks. That's stupid I know, but it happens.

They will want to put a bit more hope out in the JLT that the first half of that one haha

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think some wait to see how the team looks. That's stupid I know, but it happens.

They will want to put a bit more hope out in the JLT that the first half of that one haha

Others (like me) are just disorganized. I’ve been here since game 1 but still only renewed this week

Let’s hope there are more shitfights out there that are like me

Coconuts

Draftee
Mar 7, 2019
Canberra
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is anybody having problems registering with the membership barcode number on ticketek? It worked fine for me for tomorrow's JLT game but not for any of the proper games at Manuka.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
To be honest I'm more hoping that we get more to games. Happy for the membership numbers to stick around 25k for the moment but we need to get an avg of between 15 and 18k over the next few years.

Essendon should hopefully draw 15k + if it is a nice day

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
To be honest I'm more hoping that we get more to games. Happy for the membership numbers to stick around 25k for the moment but we need to get an avg of between 15 and 18k over the next few years.

Agree. I have banged on about this for a while. So important to get people through the gates. That's what drives future memberships

The WSW have struggled financially playing at spotless (sorry Sydney showground stadium) because it's not good viewing for soccer. They have been getting less than half the crowds before, so even with memberships, they have struggled

Fast forward to next year when they sell out Bankwest Stadium every week will change everything

If we can constantly get over 12k to games the snowball will gather momentum

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Agree. I have banged on about this for a while. So important to get people through the gates. That's what drives future memberships

The WSW have struggled financially playing at spotless (sorry Sydney showground stadium) because it's not good viewing for soccer. They have been getting less than half the crowds before, so even with memberships, they have struggled

Fast forward to next year when they sell out Bankwest Stadium every week will change everything

If we can constantly get over 12k to games the snowball will gather momentum

Regarding WSW thats not really true. Their stadium costs are about a third of what they used to be at parra stadium and the new stadium will be 5-6 times the cost per spottless game. Crowd numbers dont always mean a profit when put against stadium costs

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Fantastic !!! Up and up.

It's good to Gold coast doing better this year. Their crowds have doubled on the back of some better performances.

People.were worried back in 2012 but maybe now it's the start of the "Era of the expansion clubs"

Back