Official Club Stuff 2019 GWS Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

So we just had one hell of a 3 days.

I don't know why but somehow we have smashed 28k and are heading towards 29kView attachment 683687
We are now into the realm where people might buy a speculative 3 game membership on the chance that they might gain priority access to GF tickets.

Yay 30,000 members and 8,000 at the game again

Really frustrates me it does

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair it's a Suns (no disrespect to them) game.

We are sitting at 12.5k avg with 28k members.

Tigers have 100k members and avg 65k(And they've had plenty of derbies). 35k don't go to games.

We will get there as more and more 3 game members go to full season membership and all those kids in Orange become adults and buy their own tickets.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay 30,000 members and 8,000 at the game again

Really frustrates me it does

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Membership versus crowds is a useless comparison - not quite apples and oranges, more like apples and fish.

As GG pointed out - Richmond have 100,000+ members and average around 65k at home last year - and 20k of those would have been Collingwood/Essendon/Carlton etc. supporters - so really only 40/45k of their 100k members actually turn up. (And they average 20,389 at home against the Suns - so where are the other 80k?)

Also - we have a fairly large Canberra membership base which is three hours away - Ballarat is less than an hour and a half from Footscray and the last 3 crowds there have been 6.8k, 6.4k and 9k

If I’ve just dipped my toe in the water with a three game membership, I’m not blowing one of those on the Suns - I’m waiting til Collingwood.

Crowd will be s#*t but it’s the Suns, I expect it to be - and anyone who tries to heap s#*t on the number and the club this afternoon isn’t being genuine, because their own teams can’t draw a crowd against the Suns.

We should have a cracking crowd for the Pies game.
Surely all our 3gamers are holding out for this and the Swans.

I would say the Swans game will be sold out well in advance and the Pies game will break the record for a non derby crowd and with a good day could go close to a sell out with the Pies supporters in Sydney and those travelling

30k by the next home game, Sydney loves winners

Would be interesting to see the break up of the numbers with ;
Giant Recruits
Baby Giants
Mini Giants
Pet Giants
Giant 3 game free memberships for junior players for certain clubs
and so on

However regardless to have a over-inflated number 30k+ and winning games Pies, Swans looks like will be some cracking games to go to will assist in getting the prime time games we need for next season and when Cogs re-signs ;)

Hopefully they can throw some entertainment at the Lions game to get some bums on seats to get to 10k for that game would be great

I need to get a 4 game Derby Membership - to run in line with my Melbourne membership now that I've moved back to NSW. Can I refer myself and get the benefits?

Bought a family 4 game membership today for 3 GA games at either Canberra or GIANTS, with a guaranteed seat at the Derby. Only the Ultimate Giants membership package now has the use of the Members Bar at GIANTS Stadium. That's the only place I watched the game from in '14 & '15. Is it restricted now due to the amount of members that we have to the higher tier members?

Will only affect me this year as I plan on getting the Ultimate again next year now that I've moved from Melbourne.

Bought a family 4 game membership today for 3 GA games at either Canberra or GIANTS, with a guaranteed seat at the Derby. Only the Ultimate Giants membership package now has the use of the Members Bar at GIANTS Stadium. That's the only place I watched the game from in '14 & '15. Is it restricted now due to the amount of members that we have to the higher tier members?

Will only affect me this year as I plan on getting the Ultimate again next year now that I've moved from Melbourne.
Sydney Giants membership level does too. GA has never had access. I don't think this has changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back