Toast 2019 Hall of Fame and Season Launch Wed 6th March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Of our 38 HoFers, 19 have passed away and 19 still alive. 12 were up on stage. Not there are Mark Williams, Craig Bradley and Scott Hodges and not on stage so not sure if there, Tim Evans, John Cahill, Neville Hayes, Darren Smith.

1962, 1963 and 1965 premiership teams inducted. I guess that's the trio of premiership teams that Soders on Ch 7 News talked about.

1962, 1963 and 1965 premiership teams inducted. I guess that's the trio of premiership teams that Soders on Ch 7 News talked about.

Don't know if it's just me, but I'm not a fan of this inducting teams approach. A premiership is the highest accolade in the game, these teams have already won it. IMO the hall of fame should be for special players/coaches individually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That '65 footage and to think I was there whadda moment.
There are some things you never forget. The streamers and paper on the ground, the atmosphere
and muggins here hanging off the cyclone fence between the Creswell stand(?) now the Riverbank and
a mound for the hoi polloi to get a view.
Here's a fact coz I saw it with me own eyes. When Mead's winning kick was heading for the goal
people had already jumped the fence and definitely impeded their defenders from getting a run-up to spoil the ball
which by the way only just cleared the line

Is this the bloke that used to be on Adelaide radio and ch 9, I think, talking about his old man who played in 1962 flag?

I believe it is.
Did we ever use him to do voice over's, promos, MCing etc? I assume if his old man was a Port champ he was a Port man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back