2019 Heineken Chinese F1 GP -

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferrari can't even get when to pit LeClerc right :drunk:
How did the Comms miss just why LeClerc stopped?
The stop/go light clearly went back to RED! Then green. Was quick, but I saw it, confirmed it on rewind.
How did they miss it?
Great reactions from the driver as the red light might have meant a mechanic under your wheels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ferrari seem to have discretely sacrificed Leclercs race just to establish the #1 driver. Has every right to be filthy. Going to finish behind Max.
Idk how anyone can have that opinion? He was better in the race prior only getting beaten off the line, keeping within drs range despite not being able to easily pass him. When Vettel finally did get by him, he was able to eke out a gap despite making some errors.

If there were no team orders, Vettel still would've finished ahead. Leclerc's pace was insufficient and whatever strategy was taken would've been advantageous to Vettel. The difference being that Verstappen would've finished ahead of both. So you could make the case team orders should've been applied even earlier.

Going to be pretty boring season, Hamilton didn't get out to this kind.of a points lead until Vettel put it into the wall behind the safety car last year, Ferrari and red bull are so far off the Mercs this season will be over before it begins.

Justification for Dan's move to Renault, if he wasn't in a Merc or Ferrari he wasn't winning the world title. The punt on Renault closing the gap hasn't worked yet buts it's pretty clear the Red bulls can't either.

You would be hoping for another sizeable engine boost come the spec 2 engines and the gap to start to widen behind him.

Ferrari had their chance to keep both cars in the fight for 3rd but for some reason didn't bring Leclerc in the lap after Seb.

Its almost like they cant compute how to get the best from 2 cars, instead its how to use 2 cars to guarantee 1 cars result.

At worst Charles would have been right behind Max or might have even snuck out in front of both considering the way the went wheel to when on vettels first lap after the stop. Ferrari need to lift their game not just pace wise.

Hamilton is leading by 6 points.
You actually counting Bottas? He completely dominated Hamilton all weekend, got himself pole position and gets you thinking maybe just maybe he puts up a fight. Then turn 1 happens and he just follows him to the flag, if he can't win that race he isn't winning a world title.

It is already out to 29 points to anyone not driving a Merc, that was the gap I was talking about. Correct me if I am wrong neither of them got out to a race wins advantage prior to Vettel putting it in the wall behind the safety car did they?

You actually counting Bottas?
Yes. I think it naïve to think otherwise. There's a difference between being s**t, and having a s**t year. Bottas had a s**t year last year. He is not s**t.

He completely dominated Hamilton all weekend, got himself pole position and gets you thinking maybe just maybe he puts up a fight. Then turn 1 happens and he just follows him to the flag, if he can't win that race he isn't winning a world title.
It the reverse of Albert Park. It's actually hard for the MB to get each other without a problem for one of the cars. If MB are going to resume their 2014-16 dominance, then what happens in practice and qualifying doesn't matter. It's all about who has track position early in the race. That was often the case when Rosberg was there. Hamilton would get pole on a particular occasion, Rosberg would get the start and almost all the time win the race.

If MB gain a bigger advantage, then team orders favouring Hamilton is out of the question. If Bottas sorts his s**t out (As he seems to have done), Hamilton will get him his fair share of times. But he won't get the same value for it like he did last season. If Bottas doesn't screw up, it puts pressure on Hamilton even he beats him "****! The campaigner is still around." Personally, I don't think Bottas is going to be easy meat for Hamilton to get by if both cars are good. It's just whether Bottas can have weekends like Albert Park as often as Rosberg did.

Didn't Hamilton have a floor issue in Melbourne that was costing him time? I'd love for Bottas to beat him but I can't see it happening.

Regardless it isn't going to make for interesting racing, the Mercs are half a second clear and whichever teammate leads to turn 1 wins, that's pretty much the season we are in for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back