MFC Fans Only 2020 Herald Sun Supercoach Draft - The ToumpBowl

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm off to Cuba so likely to be a win for whoever my opponent is next week as almost certainly won't be changing my team up or tracking selection! A

Anybody who's been with any tips?

I'm off to Cuba so likely to be a win for whoever my opponent is next week as almost certainly won't be changing my team up or tracking selection! A

Anybody who's been with any tips?
Wear something to define you as Australian. They still hate Americans and often assume you are one.

Yeah, go figure. Never realised that.

Been off forum for three weeks while overseas, managed to make changes for 2 of those weeks on SC though.

I've had a lot of good fortune to make it through with a second chance, but Josh Kelly being out is really killing me this week. Anybody know when he is due back?

Wow - such a tight finish in my match-up with 00Stinger, eventually he pipped me by 4 points (1664 -1660)! I was following the live updates and it essentially came down to Dunstan & Johannisen vs. Bont & Suckling. Deserved win considering he did it with only 16 players too (no Hurn or Hurley).

Huge win (2002 points!) for booshboy over DeesFanTheMan (1654). Topkent (1577) sneaks home to stay alive and knock out dylan93 (1530) and it's also curtains for another Dylan, with dee_mac (1445) eliminated by TheCount - two lower ranked finalists winning there.

Yeah, go figure. Never realised that.

Been off forum for three weeks while overseas, managed to make changes for 2 of those weeks on SC though.

I've had a lot of good fortune to make it through with a second chance, but Josh Kelly being out is really killing me this week. Anybody know when he is due back?
2-3 weeks i believe

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

OMac named just as I bring in Memberey = tick.

Trading Stanley out as he may get dropped for Zac Smith, then bringing Kreuzer in as he gets 'managed' = cross.

how come I can't sign a free agent?

First couple of days of the week, there is a waiver system where any bids for a free agent can be matched by others who are higher in the waiver pool based on where they finished in the competition. Think it's about Wednesday that you can do it without that happening

First couple of days of the week, there is a waiver system where any bids for a free agent can be matched by others who are higher in the waiver pool based on where they finished in the competition. Think it's about Wednesday that you can do it without that happening
It gives me a blank list though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preliminary Final results are in, and they're comprehensive!

booshboy was far too strong for me, taking out the W 2073 - 1603. With Zorko his lowest (61), and 15 players scoring over 100 (including 310 from McRae and Haynes on the bench with 109), a most deserving Grand Finalist.

00Stinger is also through, after a 1838-1473 win over DeesFanTheMan, who may not have checked the team selection/clocked out some time ago, with Luke Ryan + Sydney Stack in his XVIII and not playing.

As things stand, booshboy has to be the hot favourite, but you've got to be in it to win it, I guess. 00Stinger actually scored higher total points (23198 - 23196) over the regular season, but finished second with one less win and a 9-4 record, amid conceding approx. 500 more points.

The match-ups prior to now: Rd 2, 00Stinger got a narrow win 1874 - 1853, and then again in Round 10, 1860-1816, so the form line is there.

Some cracking H2Hs as teams currently stand; 3 apiece for the final match of the Round, WCE vs. Adelaide, including the battle of the Crouch brothers! McRae vs. Bont, Robbie Gray vs. Jake Lloyd a couple of others that stand out.

For mine, booshboy $1.65 vs. 00Stinger $2.10 roughly. Gamble responsibly. Good luck lads!

So how am I the outside if I have won both head to head games and scored more points during the season?

Having a look at my team I must say I am happy with the drafting masterclass I put on.

Gawn, Bont, Duncan, Kennedy, Crouch, Walters, Sicily & Hurn are all premium players. Not a bad 8 players to build a team around. Then add in good foot soldiers like Z Jones, Hartlett, Sheed, J Selwood, Polec, Ziebull & R Gray and you have a bloody good team

So how am I the outside if I have won both head to head games and scored more points during the season?

Having a look at my team I must say I am happy with the drafting masterclass I put on.

Gawn, Bont, Duncan, Kennedy, Crouch, Walters, Sicily & Hurn are all premium players. Not a bad 8 players to build a team around. Then add in good foot soldiers like Z Jones, Hartlett, Sheed, J Selwood, Polec, Ziebull & R Gray and you have a bloody good team

Just my personal opinion. For me, booshboy is just in unstoppable form.

His last 5 weeks: 2073, 2002, 2039, 1762, 1815. Avg: 1938

Your last 5 weeks: 1838, 1664, 1677, 1807, 1572. Avg: 1711

Just my personal opinion. For me, booshboy is just in unstoppable form.

His last 5 weeks: 2073, 2002, 2039, 1762, 1815. Avg: 1938

Your last 5 weeks: 1838, 1664, 1677, 1807, 1572. Avg: 1711
Fair call, I just looked at his team.

I thought I had really good premium players, he has me covered in that area

Fair call, I just looked at his team.

I thought I had really good premium players, he has me covered in that area

Game's not won on paper, it's won between the ears - get inside his head! (And get McRae the Nancy Kerrigan treatment)

Any interest in returning 2020 Supercoach Draft, and if so, what changes would you like to see made?

I think drafting a little bit closer to Rd One is a good shout this time around.

Here's an article from today's HS with some changes:

It’s time to organise your league, dust off the championship trophy, breathe fire into old rivalries and plan your Draft party because SuperCoach Draft as you know it has changed this year. We’ve heard your feedback and now we’re happy to tell that after 18 months of planning, preparation and implementation, SuperCoach Draft will have a better look and feel in 2020.

We haven’t just decided to iterate the product, but rather we’ve rebuilt the entire Draft platform from scratch and taken on direct user feedback via research days to drive these updates.

That means, we’ve listened to you, the fans, and applied what you wanted into the new product which will continue to evolve in stages throughout the coming years.

Here are some specifics:

A CLEANER LAYOUT

User experience and navigation is everything when it comes to platform usability. We’ve gone ahead and cleaned up the design to align with the Classic platform of SuperCoach to make your engagement with SuperCoach quicker, easier and more enjoyable. This includes an enhanced interface and a more intuitive navigation. We’ve even updated the field view.

SETTING UP YOUR LEAGUE

Commissioners will be in control of how often teams will play their opponents in a season. Whether that be once, twice or four times – it’s totally up to you.

LIVE DRAFT

The key to a great draft day experience is the ease and integration a user has with the platform. In 2020, we’ve implemented brand new live draft designs including better visualisation of pick by pick analysis and player statistics. You’ll also be able to easily navigate through your current selections, upcoming picks as well as the selections of your opponents.

TRADING

Trading is what makes SuperCoach Draft great, but unless the trading is easy to access, navigate to and the experience is simplistic, it won’t help your season. In 2020, we’ve upgraded the trading element to align more closely with how you make trades in Classic. For mobile users, we’ve made it much easier for you to sort, scroll and filter statistics and selections.

THE WAIVER WIRE

Draft day is important, trading too – but glory is won from the waiver wire. This important part of the experience has been reshaped to help you better make decisions on free agent acquisitions.

GAME DAY

Track your team’s progress each round in our new-look game lobby. It’s here where you’ll be able to view of your match-ups in one place, across different drafts you compete in. Got a grudge match on? Great! We’ve even made the decision to utilise a widescreen approach so you can follow a specific match-up from the lobby page.

FINALS

Finally, commissioners will have the ability to select the number of teams that compete in the final series. Gone are the days of having a 10-team league where the top-8 automatically go through to finals. Now, you’ll be able to customise your finals set up.

CONTENT

Coming in 2020, Fox Footy have devised a team of SuperCoach Draft experts to bring you daily content this season. Covering off everything from how-to guides and advice for beginners to draft rankings and strategies as well as deep dive player analysis for the hardcore Draft fans, there’s never been a better time to get involved in SuperCoach Draft. You’ll even have the chance to win your way into a draft league with the experts at Fox Footy and The Draft Doctors and of course our friend The Phantom. Throughout the season, utilise our round-by-round Draft bible to make the most of the waiver wire and seek trade advice each week with our experts.

IMPORTANT DATES

JANUARY 22 – Commissioners will have the ability to create/organise/join leagues, re-create keeper leagues and begin setting pre-draft rankings.

MID-FEBRUARY – Live Drafts, trading and waiver wire pick-ups will commence.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the Commissioners guide to SuperCoach AFL Draft, as well as other introductory articles this week to help you get ready for Draft this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back