2019 HFC Player Sponsorship.... it's that time again... pledges please !

A call to the sponsorship faithful.... and those who wish to join us !

It is sponsorship time again.

Over the past ten seasons or so, a syndicate of BigFooty Hawks have sponsored up and coming Hawthorn players. It's now the time when we call for pledges, and expressions of interest for the 2019 season.

Former Hawks mod Gary Shadforth was the first to organise this board to contribute. Messenger also excelled in this role for six seasons !

Why sponsor a player ?

HFC offers members the opportunity to sponsor individual players on the senior and rookie list each season. It's an opportunity to have a little extra stake in the game, watching "your guy" go around on match day. If you have a look in the club annual there will be a list of those who sponsor players each season. Player profiles on the HFC website also show this information.

The money is not given to the player directly.

Who do we sponsor ?

In past seasons we have been pleased to sponsor these players:

2018 - Kaiden Brand, Conor Nash & James Cousins
2017 - Kaiden Brand, Conor Nash & James Cousins
2016 - Kaiden Brand, Alex Woodward & Jermaine Miller-Lewis
2015 - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson & Jermaine Miller-Lewis
2014 - Luke Lowden, Alex Woodward & Jed Anderson
2013 - Luke Lowden, Alex Woodward & Jed Anderson
2012 - Isaac Smith & Shane Savage
2011 - Isaac Smith & Shane Savage
2010 - Beau Muston & Shane Savage
2009 - Beau Muston
2008 - Beau Muston
2007 - Beau Muston

How much does it cost and how does it work ?

Last years payment was in excess of $3200. Money is raised through small (or not so small) contributions from BF Hawks members. BigFooty tips in some as well. In 2018 there were around 60 contributors !

To make it easy it is all based around "units". One unit costs $20 and each unit entitles you to a raffle ticket for the chance to win awesome experiences, or prizes (more about this later).

There is a bank account dedicated to sponsorship (HFC and BHFC) activity only. There is currently a small surplus which can be used to contribute to sponsorship activity should it be required.

We take expressions of interest to join the sponsorship group each year at which time we ask how many units you'd like to contribute. Most people contribute $20 or $40, while others choose to contribute more. Each to their own means. If you would like to contribute privately, please send me a PM.

Your expressions of interest will allow me to gauge how much we can afford when the club announces the prices for each player. Our hope is to raise enough to continue with our sponsorship of three players, but if the interest is not there we will have to reduce our commitment.

Is there a deadline ?

We have first right of refusal over our current sponsored players (Brand / Nash / Cousins). This right must be exercised shortly. Therefore I am looking for a simple show of hands to see what $ amount we can raise by the end of February ! We will start collecting contributions once we know what we can afford.

What's in it for me ?

* A badge (or two or three) on your profile. BF Hawks members who are part of the sponsorship effort wear a little brown and gold badge under their username.

* The sponsorship comes with some goodies...
- chances to win tickets to a sponsorship function,
- and/or signed jumpers,
- and/or sometimes tickets to a match day function are typical of the package.

We issue raffle tickets based on the number of units you contribute ($20 = one ticket) and draws are made regularly during the season by an independent third party.

* A warm inner glow.... priceless.

If this is something you'd like to be part of, please post below with how many units you'd like to contribute. When we have a general pledged total we'll know how many players we BF Hawks can sponsor in 2019. Banking details will of course follow soon afterwards.

Should be a big season... time to get on board !!

Last edited:
Thanks Garf. :thumbsu: Three units for me as usual.

BTW, does anyone know why we're missing badges? I don't have 2017 or 2018 badges, for example. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
badges being displayed is limited currently as it was causing display issues on mobile

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
2 units for me please Garf.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back