List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

even if the draft was good, which it isn't outside some of the NGA's prospects they have, i still don't get their strategy here.

if you look at the core of their team moving forward i.e. the good ones and their age next year:
Walter (29), Fyfe (29), Wilson (27), Lobb (27), Hamling (27), Hogan* (25), Pierce (25)

i don't see why they're trading out Neale. they did that to get immediate talent in, in terms of Hogan, Lobb and Conca. but it's pretty much meant their midfield is left to Fyfe and a 33 year old Mundy. with Langdon and Hill on the winds.

now they're losing Langdon and Hill.

now they're going to hit the draft to replace them? those players will take 3-5 years to hit their strides and hit the peak patch. by then this is the age demographic of their core:
Walter (32-34), Fyfe (32-34), Wilson (30-32), Lobb (30-32), Hamling (30-32), Hogan* (28-30), Pierce (28-30)

so they're basically writing off the careers if their core and will need to replace it as much as finding the blokes to go with them now.

it's this type of trading and drafting that see's a club really go off a cliff. really stay down the bottom for a good 10 years.

it just doesn't make sense at all. completely ass about.

what would have made more sense is to keep Weller/Neale/Hill. then if it went **** up in Ross last year, then start the rebuild now. but if i'm doing that i'm looking to trade out these guys:
Walter (29), Fyfe (29), Wilson (27), Lobb (27), Hamling (27), Hogan* (25), Pierce (25)

I think they’re rebuilding and that core is to keep them competitive through that time. No one wants to really bottom out, which they would if they traded out Fyfe and Walters.

What’s also funny is those who get jealous or upset at someone who may (or may not) have some inside word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is really a bit weird how some go out of their way to discredit others who may have info.
The reason so many have left here. I get lots of info direct via PM some accurate some way off, but mostly fair dinkum.

They wont put it on the forum because they get ridiculed.

I've been PM'ed the complete deal, but been asked not to release it until finalised.

All I can say is WOW

I respect your confidentiality and thanks for the MP.
Lips are zipped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a quick look at the Freo board, they're all preparing to melt hard when the deal gets announced.

In their defence at least half this board has thrown the toys out of the cot at some stage this trade period.

I know I couldn't do this job...would do my head in. First real crack at it for Gags and doing wonders so far. Probably has a bit to do with Gubby as well I would've thought haha

Waiting for paperwork myself, until pen is on paper and lodged something can always happen after all.

But yes, identification has really been more visual in what we're chasing and after the Giants deal to split, I figured we'd be 1 pick away from "easy" linking to potential deals and having enough for minimal draft without too much blood loss player wise.

Will be interesting to see what threads were plucked if true.

Just say “ffs bellend, stop posturing and tell me the bloody deal before I set Clint jones on you”

That’ll fu** him
OWDIFem.jpg

Honestly port fans should be very happy with the Howard trade
they have managed to turn a player they drafted at pick 50+ a few years ago who still isn’t fully proven and isn’t in their starting defence into pick 18
-this is of course if we do end up trading 18 for him and Ryder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back