Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah so... still not trading “superstars” lol
Just a joke to have to watch this play out til trade time & the draft.

Get GC involved
Get Melbourne involved
Get the dogs involved

Don’t think; do

It’s amazing Box Hill won the flag last year considering Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong have this amazing depth! Geez those Box Hill ring ins must be something special.

They had a bulldogs 2016 type finals series(without the free kicks) Drama, extra time, come form behind, everything

It actually showed some of those guys have a fair bit of resilience. This year have such as Ross, Walker, Reeves etc and some Box Hill Guys making them a better team on the whole

We need a nut-case defensive FP to replace Popeye as he transitions out.

A team-first player that values tackles & goal assists & score involvements & 1%'ers more than kicking his own goals.

Closest would be miles? Or Nash when his game is more rounded.

Also I still remember how we lamented that Hodgey was probably gone in 2012. Maybe there’s some 28plus players we have now who look gone who can extend similarly (not saying they all will)

Closest would be miles? Or Nash when his game is more rounded.

Also I still remember how we lamented that Hodgey was probably gone in 2012. Maybe there’s some 28plus players we have now who look gone who can extend similarly (not saying they all will)
With respect, Miles isn’t quick or tough/aggressive. He’s not the Popeye replacement that we need.

Nash has the physical attributes.

Do we think Dylan Shiel was tagged? One bright way to look at tonight is had he chosen us he’d probably be keeping someone like Worpel out of the team
And apart from fading due to fitness, Worpel season looks similar tho Shiels, and he’s much cheaper (for now)

Do we think Dylan Shiel was tagged? One bright way to look at tonight is had he chosen us he’d probably be keeping someone like Worpel out of the team
And apart from fading due to fitness, Worpel season looks similar tho Shiels, and he’s much cheaper (for now)
Cousins.

Shiel simply isn't a good enough kick to be a top line midfielder. Wait til they play top opposition and the pressure is really on , he can't hit targets consistently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geee I'm at a lost to explain Smith,Gunston,Breust,Stratts form this year over there careers they would play 1 or2 stinkers a season.
This year i feel they have all played 1 or 2 good games out of 12 so far.
Is it to simple to suggest there is new players in the team and there trying to all buy into the game plan?
Do they just lack the desire every week to dig in when it gets tough now?
Is the same message getting old, or that message is out dated?
Are the all just not natural born leaders the captaincy and leadership has put a burden or rift in them all?
Who knows something has to give they have been shocking this yr. It wouldn't surprise me to see two of them traded who attract the best value on the open markert.
Very sad but this is not sustainable!
We have some holes to fill and trading some of these former stars will help:(

Geee I'm at a lost to explain Smith,Gunston,Breust,Stratts form this year over there careers they would play 1 or2 stinkers a season.
This year i feel they have all played 1 or 2 good games out of 12 so far.
Is it to simple to suggest there is new players in the team and there trying to all buy into the game plan?
Do they just lack the desire every week to dig in when it gets tough now?
Is the same message getting old, or that message is out dated?
Are the all just not natural born leaders the captaincy and leadership has put a burden or rift in them all?
Who knows something has to give they have been shocking this yr. It wouldn't surprise me to see two of them traded who attract the best value on the open markert.
Very sad but this is not sustainable!
We have some holes to fill and trading some of these former stars will help:(

As someone once said when we off loaded Mitchell/Lewis was that was not a brave decision, the real brave decision was to trade out few of those guys you mentioned who are now either 30 and past it or will not get you much now for first round picks that time to use either bring in kids or trade for established 21-23 years who will be there for next premiership assault. It is still surprising how they have fallen off the cliff. Even thought Roughead had too many tricks whether on the ball, second ruck, up forward, back and he is not in the team, things change pretty quickly and sometimes without warning.

As someone once said when we off loaded Mitchell/Lewis was that was not a brave decision, the real brave decision was to trade out few of those guys you mentioned who are now either 30 and past it or will not get you much now for first round picks that time to use either bring in kids or trade for established 21-23 years who will be there for next premiership assault. It is still surprising how they have fallen off the cliff. Even thought Roughead had too many tricks whether on the ball, second ruck, up forward, back and he is not in the team, things change pretty quickly and sometimes without warning.

Who knows? Sydney got a nice second rounder for Hannebery

Probably the perfect time to look to trade Breust and move Smith’s salary off the books.. Pop may stay due to his defensive application but even that’s waning, we need to clear cap space and move some older players and go shopping and bring in some youth.

Pretty keen to see a significant list turnover.

We need to trade up to get Anderson. Will need to do something drastic too.
I mentioned it in an earlier thread but outside of being the son of a Hawk why do we need to trade up for him? We get no discount on him and we may have guys rated similarly that we can get without giving up assets.

I mentioned it in an earlier thread but outside of being the son of a Hawk why do we need to trade up for him? We get no discount on him and we may have guys rated similarly that we can get without giving up assets.
Because he's a jet and one of only two standouts in the draft which then falls away

Because he's a jet and one of only two standouts in the draft which then falls away
I mean he isn't even the consensus number 1 pick but he is the one getting mentioned? The assets required to trade up for him would surely outweigh the reason to chase him. Take pick 5 or 6 or what ever we have and pick the best available.

I mean he isn't even the consensus number 1 pick but he is the one getting mentioned? The assets required to trade up for him would surely outweigh the reason to chase him. Take pick 5 or 6 or what ever we have and pick the best available.
Apparently the talent drop after pick 2 is massive. Throw a blanket over the next 20 kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back