Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Burgoyne to retirees list.

To achieve above i think another best 22 player gets traded.
I don't think Burgoyne retiring is as a forgone conclusion as some make it out to be. Burgoyne who is still making a huge on field contribution also brings the leadership qualities that we've sorely lacked from our younger veterans. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if he's offered a 1 year deal to go around again which will be highly dependant on his health and who else leaves. He would obviously feel he can do it all again but IMO he's been pretty solid this season.

I know its David King and all but what he said is exactly right. At this very moment (well the last 18-24 months) we cannot put a big enough score on the board to get wins. The season long absence of Mitchell has been felt across all lines (back, forward and middle). With his impending return his uncanny ball winning ability will plug a lot of holes and have that adverse domino effect through all lines. All I took from King's comments is he pretty much stated the obvious.

I have said always that David King articulates himself extremely well, he well and truely won that battle with Brad Scott and Brad was made to look the right goose. He is quite impartial, offers clear detail and analysis and generally is pretty measured. I agree with King, we are not far away but far from close, it all depends on the strategy and outcomes of list strategy this coming off-season.

I have said always that David King articulates himself extremely well, he well and truely won that battle with Brad Scott and Brad was made to look the right goose. He is quite impartial, offers clear detail and analysis and generally is pretty measured. I agree with King, we are not far away but far from close, it all depends on the strategy and outcomes of list strategy this coming off-season.
Exactly correct. We actually control our own fate whereas a lot of other teams are not so lucky. Clarko / Wrigthy would know exactly what the missing ingredients are.

I don't think Burgoyne retiring is as a forgone conclusion as some make it out to be. Burgoyne who is still making a huge on field contribution also brings the leadership qualities that we've sorely lacked from our younger veterans. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if he's offered a 1 year deal to go around again which will be highly dependant on his health and who else leaves. He would obviously feel he can do it all again but IMO he's been pretty solid this season.

we're certainly in for an intriguing end of season period!

It's going to be sad seeing Noah going to another Club, as it is going to be very difficult getting Pick 1 or 2

Just our luck - we haven’t had the best luck with father / son and the one gun and his old man was traded too early - will say I watched Dean play and liked the way he went about it and pretty unlucky to be given the flick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Wingard fit for next year and if the Hill rumour is true then think about that potential combo at the MCG and what they can do to improve our offensive rating. Much the Rioli and Hill combo during the threepat when those two were in sync.

Get Wingard fit for next year and if the Hill rumour is true then think about that potential combo at the MCG and what they can do to improve our offensive rating. Much the Rioli and Hill combo during the threepat when those two were in sync.

Still have a feeling that if Clarko gets the list back to challanging again in the next 2 years, Rioli is going to make a guest appearance for a year or two.

Last edited:
Same.
As soon as Jeff is gone though.

Wingard Lewis Impey
Rioli Patton Hardwick

Just nuts!

Surely Breust over Hardwick?

Now a lot of things need to go right for this to happen, but if Birchall can get back and show that he’s still got it and gets a new contract, plus Scrimshaw across half back then I want to see Burgoyne and Impey next year playing predominantly in the forward half of the ground. A forward-line of Burgoyne, Wingard, Breust, Gunston, Impey, Patton would be insane.

Surely Breust over Hardwick?

Now a lot of things need to go right for this to happen, but if Birchall can get back and show that he’s still got it and gets a new contract, plus Scrimshaw across half back then I want to see Burgoyne and Impey next year playing predominantly in the forward half of the ground. A forward-line of Burgoyne, Wingard, Breust, Gunston, Impey, Patton would be insane.

Breust & Gunston are getting traded in my little fantasy land.

You fwd line looks alright though ; )

Just for the record, Breust and Gunston have been battling injuries for the majority of the year. Any trade speculation based off of their relatively poorer years compared to others needs a little perspective.

Get them fit and put a cleaner and more cohesive unit in front of them and they'd be vying for AA honours next year.

Just like Scully, Wingard and a number of other blokes running around in the 1s, theres often more to reduced output than players just becomming magically crap.

Having said that, I'd certainly trade an Isaac Smith (also been injured) before these two as he is more likely able to be replaced than two 40+ goal a year forwards. We're not Carlton.

Just for the record, Breust and Gunston have been battling injuries for the majority of the year. Any trade speculation based off of their relatively poorer years compared to others needs a little perspective.

Get them fit and put a cleaner and more cohesive unit in front of them and they'd be vying for AA honours next year.

Just like Scully, Wingard and a number of other blokes running around in the 1s, theres often more to reduced output than players just becomming magically crap.

Having said that, I'd certainly trade an Isaac Smith (also been injured) before these two as he is more likely able to be replaced than two 40+ goal a year forwards. We're not Carlton.
Well said 👍🏽

Should just put them on Ice and let them freshen up for the 2020 season, not the Ice of the Illicit drug ilk either before anyone asks.

I've not seen a lot of Bonar but I understand we're showing a lot of interest in him. If the Cogs deal doesn't go through, what would we realistically have to give up to get him (especially considering the backlog of midfielders they have)?

I've not seen a lot of Bonar but I understand we're showing a lot of interest in him. If the Cogs deal doesn't go through, what would we realistically have to give up to get him (especially considering the backlog of midfielders they have)?

I'm thinking Bonar and Patton will be part of the side deal for Cogs.

Reading between the lines.

Can we package up something with our first pick to then get Pick 1?

Rumour was Adelaide were going to offload pick 1 to get Rankine or Lukosious (plus something else). So GCS would hold the first pick. If we threw in our first pick, say pick 5, what could we add to that to get 1? Seems the only way to get Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back