Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... Have another froffy mate.
Amon is no more made of gold as the forwards you named are guaranteed to be there.
So how is Hardwick becoming a forward given that line-up (& the existing backline) & how are we getting a 2nd Top 10 Pick for his coming on board?

Why do people get all twisted at the thought of trading Breust?? I say trade him to the Demons for the first round pick!
In the hope that maybe, just maybe, we draft someone as good as Breust?

Iā€™ve never seen a Draft Pick kick a goal or provide forward pressure - even the real high Picks.

In fact, Iā€™ve only ever seen Picks used to bring players into a club. Given that we want as many good players as we can, Iā€™d be using Picks to bring in guys to support Breust - not trading guys like Breust out.

How good would that be, a 18 year old Breust running around for the next 10 plus years as apposed to a 28 -29 year old Breust running around for the next 2 or 3!

Napoleon likes Amon. Has a role for him.

Given the lack of key defenders on the list do you expect any of the players listed below names to be floated around as potential free agent options?

Sam Day (RFA)
David Astbury (RFA)
Adam Tomlinson (RFA)
Liam Jones (FA)
Lachie Henderson (FA)
Sam Frost (FA)
Andy Otten (FA)
Kyle Hartigan (RFA)

Given the lack of key defenders on the list do you expect any of the players listed below names to be floated around as potential free agent options?

Sam Day (RFA)
David Astbury (RFA)
Adam Tomlinson (RFA)
Liam Jones (FA)
Lachie Henderson (FA)
Sam Frost (FA)
Andy Otten (FA)
Kyle Hartigan (RFA)
Alex Keath still no new contract.

There was something mentioned earlier in the season that Hardwick may be released forward if there was the right player to fill the void.
Amon would be a great project as a small defender. Paired with Impey & surrounded by Birch & Sicily would give us a very fast, dynamic & penetrating defence.
Iā€™m pretty sure we will be moving mountains to get some fast play behind the ball to feed the likes of Lewis & hopefully Patton

Hardwick going forward, to me at least, enables some list management possibilities for a second top 10 pick.
So long as a certain untradable keeps kicking two to three goals a game until seasons end.

As Brant has said draft picks don't automatically roll out next season and provide what the traded player has done previously but IMHO when packaged with players and future picks they turn into the type of tiny morsels that GWS would accept for a rumored to leave after one more season Whitfield.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good would that be, a 18 year old Breust running around for the next 10 plus years as apposed to a 28 -29 year old Breust running around for the next 2 or 3!
So long as a certain untradable keeps kicking two to three goals a game until seasons end.

Pretty much.
A high first this year & a future first would just about get it done this season for Whitfield but Iā€™m sure we will sit that one out til next season for something similar

As Brant has said draft picks don't automatically roll out next season and provide what the traded player has done previously but IMHO when packaged with players and future picks they turn into the type of tiny morsels that GWS would accept for a rumored to leave after one more season Whitfield.

I was thinking more along the lines of an elite midfielder but same same.

Alex Keath still no new contract.

We had a fair crack at him when he decided to swap from cricket, even spending fair time at Waverley. A hawk supporter.
Adelaide connected via Cricket Australia regime at Adelaide Oval.

Donā€™t know how we can get him given the other multitude of priorities.

I would love him at CHB even though now 27.

His value has increased and I expect the crows will get there.

Meh this thread is for stupid ideas
Lets trade out Bruest, Gunston, Smith, Sheils and Frawley....and hit the draft!

Thoughts?

Lets trade out Bruest, Gunston, Smith, Sheils and Frawley....and hit the draft!

Thoughts?
Tom Mitchell would also get us a top 5 pick!!!!

Thoughts?

I think yesterday should have been a reminder of Bruest's real worth- were we to trade him out I'd expect him to warrant at least two draft picks (one of which being a first rounder, another early second/future first) if we were to go down that route. I don't mind the idea of Hardwick heading forward as a replacer for him but I think it would require some fairly specific moves to eventuate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back