Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the wildest 4 team, 8 player and 17 pick swap trades that you have concocted in the dizzyingly bottomless abyss of your imagination...or your fanatstical scenarios where we snare Bontempelli, Kelly and Cripps for a 2nd round pick and a tub of used sump oil.

Knock yourself out here...

As a general rule, trades and FA desires that come from our owns heads, with no external support of any kind, go in this "Hypothetical Trades" thread.

Trades that have been publicly raised as possibilities by media, club connections, etc go in the other NON-HYPOTHETICAL thread.

Abasi Thoughts?

Not sure if serious.
Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Its just this:
For the wildest 4 team, 8 player and 17 pick swap trades that you have concocted in the dizzyingly bottomless abyss of your imagination...or your fanatstical scenarios where we snare Bontempelli, Kelly and Cripps for a 2nd round pick and a tub of used sump oil.

Reads very much like the draft and free agency threads of years gone by.

We are 3 players off multiple premierships.

A quality semi-defensive mid = Cogs.if he chooses us .... Awesome.

But our spine is weak.... here is how to fix it...

A CHB = Harrison Petty (Melb), out of contract this year... he was BOG for Casey in the VFL GF before Pitto and Mirra changed the tide.

A KPF = ? Could Walker do it = he has the power off the mark, strong hands and is the same height as Dunstall.

And we need a developing ruck. Reeves is a very very long term project. But I am OK with that.

2020 with Coggs and Petty kicking the ball to Walker...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 3 players off multiple premierships.

A quality semi-defensive mid = Cogs.if he chooses us .... Awesome.

But our spine is weak.... here is how to fix it...

A CHB = Harrison Petty (Melb), out of contract this year... he was BOG for Casey in the VFL GF before Pitto and Mirra changed the tide.

A KPF = ? Could Walker do it = he has the power off the mark, strong hands and is the same height as Dunstall.

And we need a developing ruck. Reeves is a very very long term project. But I am OK with that.

2020 with Coggs and Petty kicking the ball to Walker...

I think we need a FB and a CHB. Frawley looks to be coming to an end and none of Brand, TOB, Mirra, etc are anything near top quality. On top of that, Mohr is aging and Kosi is very young and is a completely unkown quantity at this stage.

Agree we also need a key forward to replace Rough. Lewis looks to be two years off still.

Any elite centre square on-baller will help too.

I think we need a FB and a CHB. Frawley looks to be coming to an end and none of Brand, TOB, Mirra, etc are anything near top quality. On top of that, Mohr is aging and Kosi is very young and is a completely unkown quantity at this stage.

Agree we also need a key forward to replace Rough. Lewis looks to be two years off still.

Any elite centre square on-baller will help too.
Agreed, though I am hoping Kosi develops quickly (he already has the size) allowing a smooth transition from Frawley.
A big problem is that Petty is contracted to Melbourne to the end of 2020 but hey, this is a Wishlist thread.

A 10 year spine could be FB: Kosi (196cm), CHB: Harrison Petty (197cm), CHF, Mitch Lewis (198 cm), FF: Matt Walker (188cm)

Yes Walker is shorter than most KPFs but he has power and strong hands. Develop him as a Dunstall-style leading forward who can also pack mark.

The 2019 1st round draft pick could also be used on a KPF.

Last edited:
I think the list management team would already be looking at good value, versatile talls from opposition sides. Expect us be connected to a Jarrod Brander or a Daniel McStay.
Doesn't play tall and from my experience with him, a bit of a pudding head (as in boarding house pudding). Just look at his reaction to being recruited to WA, after all the media training junior players in the sweet spot get he still sooked it up.
Not for mine.

Rory Thompson is a free agent this year, he did his ACL earlier this year so his value will be lower. Would be an instant upgrade on Brand/Mirra

Perhaps we could work a deal out with Port Adelaide for something like Joel Garner and their 2019 4th rounder for both of them.

Think that's about as fair a trade as we'd be able to get.
I think we set the benchmark when we got Scully for a 4th round pick 😝

I’ll preface this idea with the comment, “I am a huge Worpel fan”.

That said, IF we get Cogs then how about this for a 3 way trade.

Tim Kelly from Geelong to West Coast
Jarrod Brander from West Coast to Hawthorn
Worpel from Hawthorn to Geelong

Kelly is sublime, Worpel is grunt and leadership, and Brander is one of the key position players we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back