Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim O'Brien, Kaiden Brand & Ryan Shoenmakers to Port for Connor Rozee 2020 3rd Rounder and 2020 4th Rounder

2020 4th Rounder to Gold Coast for Jack Martin *

2020 3rd Rounder to GWS Giants for Lachie Whitfield *

* Unfortunately both Martin and Whitfield suffer injuries during the second half of this year and the Giants and Suns have to get these salaries off their books

Tim O'Brien, Kaiden Brand & Ryan Shoenmakers to Port for Connor Rozee 2020 3rd Rounder and 2020 4th Rounder

2020 4th Rounder to Gold Coast for Jack Martin *

2020 3rd Rounder to GWS Giants for Lachie Whitfield *

* Unfortunately both Martin and Whitfield suffer injuries during the second half of this year and the Giants and Suns have to get these salaries off their books

The only chance we have of getting Rozee is putting Clarkson on the market.

Please tell me trade Worpel isn't going to become the new trade Bruest

I don't think we need to worry, the only team that would be interested would be GeeLOL after they lose Tim Kelly and given the fact that they picked three players before him in his draft year when he was captain of the Falcons, I'm thinking he'd tell them to go EAD anyway.

Not a chance that he leaves and I can't wait to see him develop into an absolute beast!

Thought this would be interesting to compare a game now & then...
E38F7757-2A66-44E1-861D-450C3CBFA2D2.jpeg 0551A862-1F04-4F82-8A56-608A18532CA0.jpeg
If one came at 1-1.2m & the other 400k cheaper but for a draft pick & steak knives what would you do?

If Brad could play without getting injured it be tempting, misses too much football.
I think most of his injuries have been through Adelaide not being able to identify his body requirements & have had it wrong for far to long.
Has Hawthorn stamped all over him, both medically & hard nut requirements for our on ball brigade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future 3rd for Will Brodie & a Future 4th
On trade that pick to GWS for Patton.

Know this formula all too well.

Get Cogs as a free agent.

Draft Burgoyne 2.0 with our 1st round pick
Draft Roughead 2.0 with our second round pick
Draft Lake 2.0 with our third round pick.

It’s really all too simple.

Last edited:
I think most of his injuries have been through Adelaide not being able to identify his body requirements & have had it wrong for far to long.
Has Hawthorn stamped all over him, both medically & hard nut requirements for our on ball brigade.
Hawks asked the question two years ago, clarko is a big fan.
Oh I'm huge fan but given the option between him and cogs(being 400k more expensive) I'd have to cogs he has an x factor about him Mat just doesn't, that and I wouldn;t like a midfield with too much injury history. Scary to think what Matt could achieve though if he got a clear run at it for a few seasons.

Why don’t we have both 🤷‍♂️
That would be pretty sweet!
I’ll stick with this for now...

Brad crouch - future first & steak knives

Patton - 3rd pick 2019

Day - restricted free agent (no match)

I actually think that Jamie Elliot as a RFA would be a perfect inclusion to replace Poppy & allow Wingard to play more midfield. Elliot at 600k could be possible but Collingwood would match I think

May not pass the no DH policy but the thought of Wingard, Breust & Elliott terrorising sides cleaning up under Patton & Lewis is ridiculously inspiring.
B49380E6-5605-4037-8990-AB1CE39054F1.jpeg

We need to find some talls. Freo has a heap as does wce, and likely some up in gws or gcs as well. Freo are hard to deal with, gws and wce less so.

Patton (if Rumors are true) provides a big contested marking target but we need another mobile tall forward prospect and 1-2 talls down back. Day seems a bit too similar to Lewis.

Are Oliver, Brayshaw & Petracca in any way able to be saved?

I’m not even going to bother going into how sh*t they are in this current team & how poorly they’re performing (compared with their talent).

My query: Would they be better in a real team & is there any way to pry them free without trading Breust + Gunston + Clarko & 4x 1st Rounders?

At what stage do they (individually) start to think “yeh, $600k a year is awesome, but wouldn’t mind being a professional footballer...:?

I’m so dirty we didn’t take a punt on Sydney Stack. Going to be an absolute cracker of a player. We need a mongrel which he looks to have in spades.
We’re at the stage where I’m wishing we’d taken a chance on Jake Melksham - that’s how bad sh*t has got...

I’m not even going to bother going into how sh*t they are in this current team & how poorly they’re performing (compared with their talent).

My query: Would they be better in a real team & is there any way to pry them free without trading Breust + Gunston + Clarko & 4x 1st Rounders?

At what stage do they (individually) start to think “yeh, $600k a year is awesome, but wouldn’t mind being a professional footballer...:?
Probably when they become free agents. ;)

Would love any and all of them. If they have a poor season and Petracca under delivers again then I think they will be open to trading him.

Can't see them ever trading Oliver, and to a lesser extent Brayshaw though.

Probably when they become free agents. ;)
Will they not be too far gone?

There’s no consequence to the s**t they pull. Brayshaw’s effort in (not) chasing Riewoldt at the end of the 1st Quarter (from memory, maybe 2nd) was beyond insolent, bordering seditious (but blatantly ‘entitled’, at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back