Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will they not be too far gone?

There’s no consequence to the s**t they pull. Brayshaw’s effort in (not) chasing Riewoldt at the end of the 1st Quarter (from memory, maybe 2nd) was beyond insolent, bordering seditious (but blatantly ‘entitled’, at the same time).
If they really believed in winning premierships there has been ample opportunity to realise it isn’t going to happen at Melbourne.

Are Oliver, Brayshaw & Petracca in any way able to be saved?

I’m not even going to bother going into how sh*t they are in this current team & how poorly they’re performing (compared with their talent).

My query: Would they be better in a real team & is there any way to pry them free without trading Breust + Gunston + Clarko & 4x 1st Rounders?

At what stage do they (individually) start to think “yeh, $600k a year is awesome, but wouldn’t mind being a professional footballer...:?
I’d be more interested in Viney then Brayshaw followed by Oliver but Petracca has shown me nothing

I’d be more interested in Viney then Brayshaw followed by Oliver but Petracca has shown me nothing
Viney vs Brayshaw is an interesting one
Viney is a bull but he's not currently a very effective one, Brayshaw with his concussion issues is better suited to a different role, I wonder which would have more upside under Clarko

Viney vs Brayshaw is an interesting one
Viney is a bull but he's not currently a very effective one, Brayshaw with his concussion issues is better suited to a different role, I wonder which would have more upside under Clarko
Doesn’t matter, Viney is a lifer so not gettable

I’m so dirty we didn’t take a punt on Sydney Stack. Going to be an absolute cracker of a player. We need a mongrel which he looks to have in spades.

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that Clarko didn’t show an interest, he was nowhere near as bad as was being made out, although he did have a pretty lackadaisical attitude to the game at the time.

I think Garlett did a job on the hawk recruiters trust levels

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Will they not be too far gone?

There’s no consequence to the s**t they pull. Brayshaw’s effort in (not) chasing Riewoldt at the end of the 1st Quarter (from memory, maybe 2nd) was beyond insolent, bordering seditious (but blatantly ‘entitled’, at the same time).

He was probably cooked, he was out on that wing all game and didn't attend a single centre bounce from what I saw. I saw Oliver put in a cooked chase too. I think they're unfit.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Viney is a shocking kick and can only play one position on the field - inside mid. I think he'd get in the way of Mitchell and Jaeger.

Brayshaw has better skills, is faster, and can play inside and out, plus he kicks goals. IMO Brayshaw would be a better get for us and would compliment our mids much better.

Viney is a shocking kick and can only play one position on the field - inside mid. I think he'd get in the way of Mitchell and Jaeger.

Brayshaw has better skills, is faster, and can play inside and out, plus he kicks goals. IMO Brayshaw would be a better get for us and would compliment our mids much better.
What about Petracca vs Brayshaw?

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that Clarko didn’t show an interest, he was nowhere near as bad as was being made out, although he did have a pretty lackadaisical attitude to the game at the time.

I think Garlett did a job on the hawk recruiters trust levels
We don't really know whether there was interest, but it does look like we weren't looking for mids as a priority

based on output I'd take Brayshaw, if the club thought they could get Petracca to live up to his potential and focus on the track and on his footy, harder choice

tend to think the blokes that want to work do, and those that don't, don't

not sure Petracca wants to work

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

That's a hard one. I've been sucked in on Petracca's potential for a few years now and rated him up there with Heeney - but only Heeney has delivered so far.

I'm not sure what Petracca's deal is. Coaching, or game plan? Is it not being used properly?

Personally I'd like to see him in the middle as he has obvious class, is clean and has some x-factor that none of Melbourne's other mids have.

As of right now I would prefer Brayshaw.

Adebisi

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Petracca looks woefully out of shape and fat. Wasted talent at this stage.
With Jack Russel now gone I wonder if we would carry the same respect from others in transforming a player to get them in peak condition, like Petracca.
If Jack was with us, I feel a player would more likely come to our club and do exactly what he is told to reach peak condition.
Not sure Boyd has anywhere near the same respect around the league.

With Jack Russel now gone I wonder if we would carry the same respect from others in transforming a player to get them in peak condition, like Petracca.
If Jack was with us, I feel a player would more likely come to our club and do exactly what he is told to reach peak condition.
I’m on the outside with no info other than observation, but you gotta wonder what this guy wants his legacy to be.

Again, I’ve no info, but it looks like he’s already checked out & is just waiting to move to somewhere he wants to be.

That's a hard one. I've been sucked in on Petracca's potential for a few years now and rated him up there with Heeney - but only Heeney has delivered so far.

I'm not sure what Petracca's deal is. Coaching, or game plan? Is it not being used properly?

Personally I'd like to see him in the middle as he has obvious class, is clean and has some x-factor that none of Melbourne's other mids have.

As of right now I would prefer Brayshaw.
Heeney hasn't really delivered but then with Horses game plan who can tell if that's his fault

Only way to get it is to build it. He could have a good rep but until he's the man it's not worth much.

He is now but too early to say, this stuff normally takes years, though the whispers from players and such will go a long way

Re Stack, our Dayle Garlett drafting has probably made us more cautious when looking at players with a questionable history. I think Melsham is sometimes soft and selfish plus he has scum blood doping through his veins. PASS!

Last edited:

Adebisi

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Heeney hasn't really delivered but then with Horses game plan who can tell if that's his fault

Only way to get it is to build it. He could have a good rep but until he's the man it's not worth much.

He is now but too early to say, this stuff normally takes years, though the whispers from players and such will go a long way

It will take a while indeed, and your bang on, it will come mostly from players and agents talking. I hope the guy is seriously confident in following his own path.
Jack had reached the stage where his focus was strongly on the mental aspects of the players. Finding the ways they could break through mentally to reach new levels, and building a very strong and respected relationship with him. When you get to that level, the players will try damn hard to meet any challenge you throw at them.
I have no idea where Boyd is at in all this. He of course has been there for years, but it’s tottaly different to being the top dog and having the ultimate trust of the players.

Adebisi

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m on the outside with no info other than observation, but you gotta wonder what this guy wants his legacy to be.

Again, I’ve no info, but it looks like he’s already checked out & is just waiting to move to somewhere he wants to be.

Maybe so, or he is trying but the 8-10kgs of useless fat on his body is making him look that way. Pathetic commitment I would suggest has led to both being fat and checking out.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely brayshaw over oliver or viney. At least he's got some class and ability to hit a target inside 50 instead of just blindly kicking it forward whenever he gets disposal like oliver or viney

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
TRADE AND FREE AGENCY

CARLTON
Hugh Goddard - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2019 Fifth Round Selection

FREMANTLE
Harley Bennell - TRADE in exchange for Collingwood 2019 Fifth Round Selection

GEELONG
Nakia Cockatoo - TRADE in exchange for Teia Miles

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Jonathon Patton PLUS Greater Western Sydney 2019 First Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2020 First Round Selection

Adam Tomlinson - UFA
Stephen Coniglio - RFA

GOLD COAST
Will Brodie PLUS Gold Coast 2019 Fourth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Port Adelaide 2019 Third Round Selection

PORT ADELAIDE
Joel Garner PLUS Port Adelaide 2019 Fifth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Tim O'Brien

RICHMOND
Callum Moore PLUS Richmond 2020 Fifth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2020 Fifth Round Selection

MID SEASON DRAFT

Zane Barzen - Replaces Tim Mohr

NATIONAL DRAFT

Noah Anderson - TRADE both of Greater Western Sydney and Hawthorn 2019 First Round Selections to move up the Draft

Finn Mcguinness - Hawthorn 2019 Second Round Selection

Would also still leave us with Gold Coast Fourth Round and Port Adelaide Fifth Round Selections in this year's National Draft for GW to work his usual magic 😉

TRADE AND FREE AGENCY

CARLTON
Hugh Goddard - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2019 Fifth Round Selection

FREMANTLE
Harley Bennell - TRADE in exchange for Collingwood 2019 Fifth Round Selection

GEELONG
Nakia Cockatoo - TRADE in exchange for Teia Miles

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Jonathon Patton PLUS Greater Western Sydney 2019 First Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2020 First Round Selection

Adam Tomlinson - UFA
Stephen Coniglio - RFA

GOLD COAST
Will Brodie PLUS Gold Coast 2019 Fourth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Port Adelaide 2019 Third Round Selection

PORT ADELAIDE
Joel Garner PLUS Port Adelaide 2019 Fifth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Tim O'Brien

RICHMOND
Callum Moore PLUS Richmond 2020 Fifth Round Selection - TRADE in exchange for Hawthorn 2020 Fifth Round Selection

MID SEASON DRAFT

Zane Barzen - Replaces Tim Mohr

NATIONAL DRAFT

Noah Anderson - TRADE both of Greater Western Sydney and Hawthorn 2019 First Round Selections to move up the Draft

Finn Mcguinness - Hawthorn 2019 Second Round Selection

Would also still leave us with Gold Coast Fourth Round and Port Adelaide Fifth Round Selections in this year's National Draft for GW to work his usual magic 😉
You're gonna spend the first 3x weeks of Pre-Season Training teaching the team the Club song

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You're gonna spend the first 3x weeks of Pre-Season Training teaching the team the Club song

Most likely, but once the 2020 season arrives they're going to need to sing it on a weekly basis so it's a small price to pay.

I'm also thinking that a few of those boys already know our song anyway 😉

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Petracca certainly looks like someone that would benefit from a change. Maybe even to a non-AFL state.

But, at only 23 years of age Melbourne wouldn't let him go cheaply. It would take a first round pick to get him you would think. If he is still underwhelming at the end of 2020 then it's becoming a Jack Watts, Colin Sylvia type situation for them and they might just be happy to move him on for whatever.

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Personally have absolutely no interest in Petracca, this kid is horrendously overrated and I have said this for quite some time now. Commentators and the footy community are always talking about how great this kid is, but I have never seen it.

Petracca has been overweight and unfit from the day he was drafted. Some kids think they can survive on natural talent and dont have the work ethic required to fullfil their potential. He still has time but so far its been the same every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back