Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Hendo is almost 2x years older than Smitty;

Think your wires are crossed here, Brant.

They are virtually the same age, a couple of months in it

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even with all his injury problems I couldn't imagine the Cats entertaining that trade for longer than 10 seconds.
I think their need for run/rebounding defender has been filled by that Irishmen, forget his name. But he's pretty bloody good, so doubt they'd trade anything of any worth for a second string rebounder.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even with all his injury problems I couldn't imagine the Cats entertaining that trade for longer than 10 seconds.

I honestly think they’ll delist him at the end of the year. OOC, injury prone and they have a plethora of other players waiting in the wings. Same with Miles for us, and since there was a previous Geelong connection I thought it’d be a smooth exchange for two players who would otherwise be delisted. I don’t think Geelong can realistically entertain a trade of any value for Cockatoo (despite his talent) given his history - same for us with Miles. But if they want something for him you can scratch that hypothetical and just delist Miles.

Random thoughts ....
We loaded up last yr on picks for this yr for a reason .
Letting Smith go makes 100% sense to me ( comftable with a pick betweeen 30-50 and cap relief ) .. money ball situation . Scully trade has created that ...is on less , is younger AND we paid only in a slide of a few draft selections .

Cogs as RFA looking likely now I'm told .
Patton and Day affordable options.
There's a disgruntled Fwd who may become a DFA we will snap up .
Other names out there being thrown around but Iv nothing on them so I'll not comment

Trade out our 2nd Rdr , why ..... because I'd rather use it in a trade rather than use it to bid on Fin . The loading of picks is for fin and Pepper IMO .

The age profile of our list is changing in front of us as we speak yet the quality to do it remains high ( Mitchell , JOM , Chad, Scully , Scrimmers ) ....
the build is in full swing and it's got an ominous look about it .

JMO ..

Can you imagine if that happens? The spine has been sorted!

IN: Mitchell, Coniglio, Patton, Day

B: Frawley
CHB: Day
C: Mitchell
CHF: Lewis
FF: Patton
R: Coniglio

Yikes!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Alright lads I thought I’d try my hand at one of these hypotheticals. Keep in mind the picks are not exact and within a rough range. The whole thing does revolve around us getting Cogs.

• (Free Agency) Stephen Coniglio
• (Free Agency) Sam Day

• 2020 First Round Selection —> (Richmond) Pick 13
• Pick 8 + Pick 13 + Roughead —> (Gold Coast) Pick 2 + Pick 52
• Pick 52 —> (GWS) Jonathon Patton
• Smith —> (Bulldogs) Pick 26
• Pick 26 + Pick 27 —> (Brisbane) Pick 19 + Pick 35
• Teia Miles —> (Geelong) Nakia Cockatoo

Ins:
- Coniglio
- Day
- Patton
- Cockatoo
- Pick 2 (Noah Anderson) - think DeGoey
- Pick 19 (Kysaiah Pickett) - think Daniel Rioli
- Pick 35 (Finn Maginness) - think Sewell
- Pick 48 (~Pick 60 after points) (Harrison Pepper) - think Impey
- Harrison Jones (elevated rookie)

Outs:
- Roughead (traded)
- Smith (traded)
- Miles (traded)
- Puopolo (retired/free agent)
- Birchall (retired)
- Ryan Schoenmakers (delisted)
- David Mirra (delisted)
- Darren Minchington (delisted)
- Connor Glass (redrafted as rookie)

B: Stratton Frawley Scrim
HB: Hardwick O’Brien Sicily
C: Scully Coniglio Henderson
HF: Impey Lewis Anderson
F: Breust Patton Wingard
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Int: Sheils Gunston Worpel Burgoyne
Roughead as good as he has been for you is cooked

I think pick 2 would be available but not for Roughy as part of the trade.

Alright lads I thought I’d try my hand at one of these hypotheticals. Keep in mind the picks are not exact and within a rough range. The whole thing does revolve around us getting Cogs.

• (Free Agency) Stephen Coniglio
• (Free Agency) Sam Day

• 2020 First Round Selection —> (Richmond) Pick 13
• Pick 8 + Pick 13 + Roughead —> (Gold Coast) Pick 2 + Pick 52
• Pick 52 —> (GWS) Jonathon Patton
• Smith —> (Bulldogs) Pick 26
• Pick 26 + Pick 27 —> (Brisbane) Pick 19 + Pick 35
• Teia Miles —> (Geelong) Nakia Cockatoo

Ins:
- Coniglio
- Day
- Patton
- Cockatoo
- Pick 2 (Noah Anderson) - think DeGoey
- Pick 19 (Kysaiah Pickett) - think Daniel Rioli
- Pick 35 (Finn Maginness) - think Sewell
- Pick 48 (~Pick 60 after points) (Harrison Pepper) - think Impey
- Harrison Jones (elevated rookie)

Outs:
- Roughead (traded)
- Smith (traded)
- Miles (traded)
- Puopolo (retired/free agent)
- Birchall (retired)
- Ryan Schoenmakers (delisted)
- David Mirra (delisted)
- Darren Minchington (delisted)
- Connor Glass (redrafted as rookie)

B: Stratton Frawley Scrim
HB: Hardwick O’Brien Sicily
C: Scully Coniglio Henderson
HF: Impey Lewis Anderson
F: Breust Patton Wingard
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Int: Sheils Gunston Worpel Burgoyne

Minchington is contracted until next year. There's also a very good chance that Schoenmakers and Mohr are kept for another season purely for depth purposes.

Don’t have a replacement*. Won’t get value in the trade (although Trade for a player is a different proposition. Trading for a Pick around 25-30 is what I’m most objecting to).
We have Scully, and Whitfield is still rumoured to be on his way in 2020.

We have Scully, and Whitfield is still rumored to be on his way in 2020.

What is the club going to do regarding Henderson? Surely he gets a new 1 or 2 year deal giving his form. This is a player who's going to win the clubs best & fairest award!

What is the club going to do with regarding Henderson? Surely he gets a new 1 or 2 year deal giving his form. This is a player who's going to win the clubs best & fairest award!
Henderson will stick around.

I’m talking more about where we will be in 2-3 years time.

We have Scully, and Whitfield is still rumoured to be on his way in 2020.
Henderson will stick around.

I’m talking more about where we will be in 2-3 years time.
That’s the thing: Whitfield & the % certainty we place on his arrival.

I 100% agree, Smith for a young/developing mid at this period would be good work, IF we were 100% getting Whitfield the following year.

Then we have Whitfield + Scully etc. & we’re away.

The cupboard gets pretty bare, pretty quickly if we trade out Smith at the end of this period, we lose Hendo to age/form at the end of 2020* & then Whitfield goes elsewhere.

I’d rather keep Smitty for now, then pension him off next season, after we’ve signed Whitfield as a RFA. If all we get is cap space & a Pick in the 60’s - 80’s then so be it, as it means we’ve maintained that running power throughout.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wonder if Melbourne would entertain trading Tom McDonald? Perhaps given their lack of forward talent, and the fact his trade value is rock bottom, they might hope he returns to his 'brief' forward form of last year. I'd imagine they would see themselves contending in 2020.

But anyhow, he literally looks horrible this year, in pretty much all facets of football. His confidence is completely shot and they aren't doing him any favours playing him at the AFL level presently. That said, perhaps at 26 years of age he could be an option for us to play as a key back.

If he was available cheaply via a trade, the problem would be absorbing his salary. If you weren't offering Melbourne a decent trade, then they'd have to benefit as a salary dump. Anyhow, placed in the Hypothetical thread as it's totally that.

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I wonder if Melbourne would entertain trading Tom McDonald? Perhaps given their lack of forward talent, and the fact his trade value is rock bottom, they might hope he returns to his 'brief' forward form of last year. I'd imagine they would see themselves contending in 2020.

But anyhow, he literally looks horrible this year, in pretty much all facets of football. His confidence is completely shot and they aren't doing him any favours playing him at the AFL level presently. That said, perhaps at 26 years of age he could be an option for us to play as a key back.

If he was available cheaply via a trade, the problem would be absorbing his salary. If you weren't offering Melbourne a decent trade, then they'd have to benefit as a salary dump. Anyhow, placed in the Hypothetical thread as it's totally that.
We should have plenty of cap room, no? You assuming Coniglio will come to us ? Otherwise I wouldn't mind looking at it for the right trade.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure what drugs you are on, but can I have some.
No way is Ben Brown a better player than Lynch.
Lynch a much better in the forward 50 arc.
I suggest your opinion would be vastly different if Lynch chose us, and 900k would be the right price.
If you wanted to extract Brown fm North then you need to be putting 750-800k on the table.

No i was never a big wrap on the guy he lacks one thing i love in the big forward that is heart!
As for the argument of lynch is a much better forward i will disagree they are very similar not saying b.brown is the answer buy any stretch he is a better kick for goal than lynch and arguable a better mark, on the ground they are both average players.
That sort of money should be kept for once in generartion players ala Buddy who we all love and miss.

As for north the rumour is the direction there headed Goldy,Cunnington,Brown will all be offered up at the right price.

Rioli magic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No i was never a big wrap on the guy he lacks one thing i love in the big forward that is heart!
As for the argument of lynch is a much better forward i will disagree they are very similar not saying b.brown is the answer buy any stretch he is a better kick for goal than lynch and arguable a better mark, on the ground they are both average players.
That sort of money should be kept for once in generartion players ala Buddy who we all love and miss.

As for north the rumour is the direction there headed Goldy,Cunnington,Brown will all be offered up at the right price.

Cunnington is a beast, not sure they let him go. Geelong will be all over him if he’s any chance of leaving...

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should have plenty of cap room, no? You assuming Coniglio will come to us ? Otherwise I wouldn't mind looking at it for the right trade.

No real idea on Coniglio dude, hopeful. This hypothetical is absolutely dependant on him coming but. I actually think if we don't land Coniglio we should hit the draft.

I agree we would have the cap room, it would be more around if we wanted to tie ourselves to McDonalds contract. I feel it's around the 600k mark. And I couldn't see Melbourne letting him go cheaply, unless they benefited in a salary cap dump.

All in all, hypothetical, but he was a very good key defender for a majority of his career.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's a disgruntled Fwd who may become a DFA we will snap up .

Nice work there HBD

I’ll throw some darts...

Cam MCCarthy - is the first one that makes a lot of sense considering the headlines this year. Fremantle would only trade.

Wyllie Buzza - possibly looking at a log jamb as a KPP at the cats but with Ratta going down he may get an opportunity

Callum Moore - not sold the Tigers are prepared to give him up just yet

Jack Silvagni - May be considered disgruntled & struggling for opportunity but he would be traded

My money....

Nathan Hrovat - small forward with pace. Doesn’t mind a tackle. Can kick multiple goals. Can play higher up the ground.
Pretty good Poppy replacement

Nice work there HBD

I’ll throw some darts...

Cam MCCarthy - is the first one that makes a lot of sense considering the headlines this year. Fremantle would only trade.

Wyllie Buzza - possibly looking at a log jamb as a KPP at the cats but with Ratta going down he may get an opportunity

Jack Silvagni - May be considered disgruntled & struggling for opportunity but he would be traded

My money....

Nathan Hrovat - small forward with pace. Doesn’t mind a tackle. Can kick multiple goals. Can play higher up the ground.
We’d be better off combining Harley Bennell with Pablo Escobar than trading for Cam McCarthy.

Jack Silvagni. Probs disgruntled as he got the surname but not the talent. No way we’d want to take SOS on at HFC just to ensure that Jack Silvagni gets a game.

I was hoping we’d chase Callum Moore during last off-season (maybe we did, I guess). From memory, he was a Rookie that got an upgrade. Not sure he’s KPF size, but I bet we could turn him into a great defender!

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Nice work there HBD

I’ll throw some darts...

My money....

I'm thinking Hugh Dixon from Freo. Tasy boy that supported Hawthorn, only 20 and is a 196cm key forward that finds himself behind Hogan, McCarthy, Taberner, and Lobb.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seeing how Bombers don’t have first round pick could we do the unthinkable and offer our first round for Daniher if we thought we could get his body right, I know a big call

I'm thinking Hugh Dixon from Freo. Tasy boy that supported Hawthorn, only 20 and is a 196cm key forward that finds himself behind Hogan, McCarthy, Taberner, and Lobb.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Contracted till 2020, though, so unlikely be facing delistment

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice work there HBD

I’ll throw some darts...

My money....

Holy crap there is a whole lotta :poo: right there

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Holy crap there is a whole lotta :poo: right there

Why?

I looked at ooc players & looked at possible targets & isolated a player from a small list.

Why is that a load of s**t?

I could easily say that your opinion on my post lacks any thought & is more like a s**t post because of its zero analysis of any substance with no contribution to justify your post....

At least have s crack at a decent reply mate. You are better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back