Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast getting Noah would be ideal. They hold him for a few years, he gets disgruntled like everyone else and we pick him up cheaper than we would have just as he is entering his prime.

Where do I sign the petition?

FIFY

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Gold Coast handed over a Number 2 pick for Weller...

As if they need more picks to burn.

fu** them.
Not sure I agree here, Finally a player of substance asked to go the Suns, they couldn't very well play funny buggers and hold out. They were over a barrel and Freo knew it. They did the right thing and now everyone wants to use it as a stick to beat them with. Damned if you do....

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
GWS is even showing how hard it is to keep players in expansion teams, and they've been at the top of the ladder for close to 5 years.

They don't need pick 1, they need people that want to be there.
Does anyone really think Noah Anderson is going to stay at the suns if they draft him with pick 1?

They've got lukocious, rankine etc. Only reason they would be worried about young talent is if they knew their young talent was already leaving...

And what is the AFL's solution? More young talent thats going to end up leaving.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Niles Crane was probably referring to this post

There are many ways for Gil to get involved, one only needs to look at Motlop assessed as Band 1 compensation that was eventually on traded for Gaz.

I wouldn't be surprised to see our first pick blowing out due to successful priority pick requests being granted.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure I agree here, Finally a player of substance asked to go the Suns, they couldn't very well play funny buggers and hold out. They were over a barrel and Freo knew it. They did the right thing and now everyone wants to use it as a stick to beat them with. Damned if you do....
They still handed over an absolutely A+++ pick for a C grade player.

They should’ve closed the doors at that point.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On GC, the AFL have RFA & out of contract players....

Let the AFL make the hard call with a panel of professionals in a list management role like a GW, Paul Roos & a Jimmy Bartel combination as an example & approach all out of contract players to see who is interested is starting this club fresh.

The suns should keep 15 players/kids & use the rest to trade out to assist in the process.
Any player out of contract that can wants in at a slightly inflated rate can go on a shortlist for the panel to decide & compensate the clubs that the players are leaving from according.

Pay them outside of the salary cap for 5 years not unlike cola of yesterday year & start this club again... from scratch.

The suns are shot but I’m not the slightest bit interested in watching our team play a reserve grade side as well as keep handing out high end draft picks that effect this club..... unless it causes another 3 peat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d pick up Jack for the right price.

He has had a couple of good games & looks like a reasonable money ball type acquisition. Easily be able to do a Cousins type trade to Carlton in a player for player swap.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok I have the context now. If people think the AFL and Gil don’t have ways and means to influence outcomes they are amazingly naive. And if such practice was exposed it indeed would be a SCANDAL.. So it may not have occurred in this case.....drama avoided. Just ask any of the the senior journos and senior list managers they are awaiting an incident. When the AFL effectively owns two Franchises, conflict of interest is utterly inevitable.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Ok I have the context now. If people think the AFL and Gil don’t have ways and means to influence outcomes they are amazingly naive. And if such practice was exposed it indeed would be a SCANDAL.. So it may not have occurred in this case.....drama avoided. Just ask any of the the senior journos and senior list managers they are awaiting an incident. When the AFL effectively owns two Franchises, conflict of interest is utterly inevitable.

I'm 100% with you Topiary, one of the most corrupt organisations going around.

All of this can change, but....

Hawthorn trade: Isaac Smith, Pick 6 and Pick 24
Melbourne trade: Pick 3, 21, and 39.

Hawthorn move up 3 spots in the draft on each of their 1st and 2nd picks, and gain a 3rd rounder.

Thoughts?

eldorado

Oct 4, 2005
In my happy place
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, NYJets

Hawthorn trade: Isaac Smith, Pick 6 and Pick 21
Melbourne trade: Pick 3, 24, and 39.

Hawthorn move up 3 spots in the draft on each of their 1st and 2nd picks, and gain a 3rd rounder.

Thoughts?

eldorado
Think you had picks 21 and 24 around the wrong way but yeah, I'd do it. Smith has at least 3 years left in him and he'll probably win their time trials for those years as well. Elite runners don't slow down too much.

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC

Hawthorn trade: Isaac Smith, Pick 6 and Pick 24
Melbourne trade: Pick 3, 21, and 39.

Thoughts?

eldorado

Like it. GW might through in a further sweetener with a future pick swap etc but to get a top 3 pick in this draft would be fantastic for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back