Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could say sicily's too good in defense to be wasted through poor positioning, hasn't stopped clarko from trying it and will not stop clarko from trying it
It's a massive 'no thanks' for the reasons that I mentioned.

Clarko tries stuff all the time - a bunch of it doesn't work.

Sicily, playing unsuccessfully as a forward in recent times adds no weight at all to your suggestion.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a massive 'no thanks' for the reasons that I mentioned.

Clarko tries stuff all the time - a bunch of it doesn't work.

Sicily, playing unsuccessfully as a forward in recent times adds no weight at all to your suggestion.
so clarko playing a great defender out of position(and he will continue to experiment with that) adds no weight to the suggestion that clarko will play a great defender out of position?

so clarko playing a great defender out of position(and he will continue to experiment with that) adds no weight to the suggestion that clarko will play a great defender out of position?
You said it put Hardwick 'in the mix' for the Forwardline - it doesn't. Now you're putting it on Clarko to trial it & pitting my reservation against Clarko's decision - which didn't/hasn't happened.

So no, what CLARKO did with Sicily has no bearing or support to what YOU want to do with Hardwick.

Secondly, Sicily had previously shown to be a sometime brilliant, albeit perhaps inconsistent forward. He has elite attributes that previously & may again lend towards a successful tenure as a forward. Hardwick doesn't have these at AFL Level.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Trade period is boring without hawthorn so they’ve linked us with about 11 players!

That article says the Hawks are interested in Brayden Sier. I call bullshit!

I actually wouldn’t mind him as he would come reasonably cheap.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How would getting Amon get Hardwick forward or get us a high Draft pick?

There was something mentioned earlier in the season that Hardwick may be released forward if there was the right player to fill the void.
Amon would be a great project as a small defender. Paired with Impey & surrounded by Birch & Sicily would give us a very fast, dynamic & penetrating defence.
I’m pretty sure we will be moving mountains to get some fast play behind the ball to feed the likes of Lewis & hopefully Patton

Hardwick going forward, to me at least, enables some list management possibilities for a second top 10 pick.

There was something mentioned earlier in the season that Hardwick may be released forward if there was the right player to fill the void.
Amon would be a great project as a small defender. Paired with Impey & surrounded by Birch & Sicily would give us a very fast, dynamic & penetrating defence.
I’m pretty sure we will be moving mountains to get some fast play behind the ball to feed the likes of Lewis & hopefully Patton

Hardwick going forward, to me at least, enables some list management possibilities for a second top 10 pick.
So not only does getting Amon somehow fit Hardwick into a Forwardline already likely to include Patton, Lewis, Gunston, Popeye, Breust & Wingard; it also gets us a Top 10 Pick?

F*** me, is this guy made of gold?

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So not only does getting Amon somehow fit Hardwick into a Forwardline already likely to include Patton, Lewis, Gunston, Popeye, Breust & Wingard; it also gets us a Top 10 Pick?
F*** me, is this guy made of gold?

Haha... Have another froffy mate.
Amon is no more made of gold as the forwards you named are guaranteed to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back