Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
If you read my actual post it is asking if Cogs is really worth what people are saying he is. People saying he is a top 10 mid just have rose coloured glasses on.
I even admitted that $500k for Greenwood was being on the generous side.

This entire board is full of the same people saying the same crap over and over again and then coming down on anyone that comes in with a different opinion. The boys club.

‘5x the player’ ... please. He’s better but you have completely missed my point and thrown in a ridiculous exaggeration of someone’s capabilities.

He is most certainly a top 10 midfielder. He averaged:

28.5 possessions
4.57 marks
4.28 tackles
1.14 goals (16/6 - he takes his chances)

And keep in mind that he played with a broken finger during the season, which obviously hampered him.

He runs both ways. He's a goal kicker and can kick multiples in a game. He can play inside, outside and out of the square or on a flank. In terms of the intangibles he's considered a leader of his current club and has been from a young age. He's a young, intelligent and considered individual and these are exactly the kinds of players you want around your club. They are great role models on and off the field and are culture setters.

The only midfielders you can say are better with any sort of confidence are: Danger, Fyfe, Cripps and J Kelly. The Martin of this season hasn't been better.

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you read my actual post it is asking if Cogs is really worth what people are saying he is.

‘5x the player’ ... please. He’s better but you have completely missed my point and thrown in a ridiculous exaggeration of someone’s capabilities.

Cogs will make mitch jaeger worps shiels and chad better with his capabilities so in a way yes he's impact will be worth 5 players

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
If you read my actual post it is asking if Cogs is really worth what people are saying he is. People saying he is a top 10 mid just have rose coloured glasses on.
I even admitted that $500k for Greenwood was being on the generous side.

This entire board is full of the same people saying the same crap over and over again and then coming down on anyone that comes in with a different opinion. The boys club.

Cogs is a borderline AA mid all things being equal, where as Greenwood wouldn't be in our top dozen players, so it really is apples and oranges.

Adrian Dodoro

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
GWS can only keep 2 of Cogs, Whitfield and Cameron. Hence all the Cameron to Collingwood (and to us) chatter. Communication has been flowing with Hawks and GWS you'd think. I think we are willing to compensate them well if they package someone up with Patton. I don't think Carlton (Cogs) or the Pies (Cameron) can give them what we can. A competent ruck (Ceglar).

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Just because you don’t know where I get my numbers from doesn’t mean you are correct, doesn’t mean I am correct either but people on this board need to learn to phrase their statements better. I trust my source enough to be confident JOM is on around that figure.

$500k for Greenwood was being on the generous side.

Adding Titch in then our middle consists of:
TOM, JOM, Worpel, Wingard, Shiels

Coniglio may be a gun but the list above is potent enough without adding a million dollar player. Adding a moneyball option and then strengthening the outside class (Hill/Whitfield) would reap more benefits imo.

Anyway, fair enough. I still have reservations about Cogs but would be more than happy to be proven wrong if he came across

I have reservations about trusting a guy that has only posted 50 times but each to there own 🤷‍♂️

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Ceglar is a UFA. Walks for nothing.
Might be time for the mods to jettison some newly arrived posters IMHO. It's amazing how we have all these new Hawthorn posters pop up this time of the year. They use things like 'long time lurker first time poster'. Um yeah we know you guys aren't Hawthorn fans are just here to spy and troll.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
He's worth what ever the contract he signs is worth, Frawley wasn't worth pick 3 but thats what the compensation was. 28 year old on a 4 year deal at 600k is end of second round at worse.

That's probably because the AFL rorted it to prop Melbourne up I dare say, Frawley's contract at us was more than likely with a pick at the end of the 1st round.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Yeah....na.

Let's not equate quantity of posts with quality.

Moderators don't need any encouragement.
I’ve got nothing wrong with new posters just the ones that ridiculously rock up this time of year with news scoops. It’s the ones posing as Hawthorn fans but are not that I’m talking about. It’s not hard to see who they are btw and I’m sure guys like Abasi weed them out on the regular.

Kinghts 24

Senior List
Apr 28, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’ve got nothing wrong with new posters just the ones that ridiculously rock up this time of year with news scoops. It’s the ones posing as Hawthorn fans but are not that I’m talking about. It’s not hard to see who they are btw and I’m sure guys like Abasi weed them out on the regular.

Fair enough.

I reckon the moderators would be active on some of that stuff anyway. But this is what happens when we don't make finals.....all goes a bit mental by August!!

If Ceglar went to GWS they’d send us a late pick in return so as not to affect any compo received for Cogs if he left...

If Ceglar went to GWS they’d send us a late pick in return so as not to affect any compo received for Cogs if he left...
I’d happily take a Future 3rd instead of a 2019 4th.

2020 3rd we can use on Downie + Big Sal as NGA players. A 4th would probs only land us another future AA KPF like Lewis....😂

Out: Ceglar + 2019 3rd
In: Patton + GWS 2020 3rd
Would be pretty handy to keep our 2019 3rd as well, in case we can use it on Finn.

And, our 3rd this year will be mid-3rd, if not earlier. That would be a Pick worth using

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would be pretty handy to keep our 2019 3rd as well, in case we can use it on Finn.

And, our 3rd this year will be mid-3rd, if not earlier. That would be a Pick worth using
Its looking more and more like we'll need to use our 2nd on Finn. He is climbing up in phantom drafts.

Its looking more and more like we'll need to use our 2nd on Finn. He is climbing up in phantom drafts.
And that’s partially the issue - our 2nd alone may not do it so we may need our 3rd as well.

I’m not sure a 4th still carries points when matching a bid. May do, I can never remember.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is there any reason as to why Jack Martins name hasn’t been thrown around more? Our main weakness is outside run / pace / skill and Martin seems very getable. I would have thought he would be the perfect target for us?
From what I have heard (not much, but a somewhat credible source) his attitude isnt too great in regards to training/rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back