Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're being linked to Knees up Patton, (instead of knees up mother earth), how about we chuck in another "Knees" from Brissy called Sam Skinner.

Him bundled with C Cox would be worth a lookie lou for stuff all.

Gotta make the fitness mob keep their rep since they are miracle men.

Since we're being linked to Knees up Patton, (instead of knees up mother earth), how about we chuck in another "Knees" from Brissy called Sam Skinner.

Him bundled with C Cox would be worth a lookie lou for stuff all.

Gotta make the fitness mob keep their rep since they are miracle men.
He was highly rated last year coming back from injury.
I like what I have seen & thought he was a chance to be delisted last year &’a chance at Hawthorn.
If he can get his body right he will struggle to get a game at Brisbane anyway. Skinner & Cox would be great additions for depth & possibly

Because that’s his best position. His ball use wasn’t great BECAUSE he was required to play pure inside all year, not the other way around. This is supported by an 11% decrease in disposal efficiency from last year to this year. He is not pure outside like Smith or Scully, but he is definitely an inside/outside mid when being played in his preferred role. Has more opportunity to burst away and kick goals etc. when Mitch is the one on the bottom of the packs. He will improve next year.
Have to think Mitch will need 1/2 the season to get back into the flow of things. This where acquiring someone like Greenwood will help tremendously just take a little load off of Tom as he finds his feet.

He was highly rated last year coming back from injury.
I like what I have seen & thought he was a chance to be delisted last year &’a chance at Hawthorn.
If he can get his body right he will struggle to get a game at Brisbane anyway. Skinner & Cox would be great additions for depth & possibly
I hate to say this but a FB is our most pressing need because Frawely is not getting younger (and he had a bloody good year to anyone who knocked him) and we don't know how Danny's sad departure is going to affect Chip. Poor bugger.

No Chip = no backline. Or back to the Joel Smith days with Sic playing on the monsters..........oh hang on, we're already their. s**t.

Because that’s his best position. His ball use wasn’t great BECAUSE he was required to play pure inside all year, not the other way around. This is supported by an 11% decrease in disposal efficiency from last year to this year. He is not pure outside like Smith or Scully, but he is definitely an inside/outside mid when being played in his preferred role. Has more opportunity to burst away and kick goals etc. when Mitch is the one on the bottom of the packs. He will improve next year.

His ball use isn’t great because he drops the footy from his hip.. nothing to do with having Titch in the side or not.

Have to think Mitch will need 1/2 the season to get back into the flow of things. This where acquiring someone like Greenwood will help tremendously just take a little load off of Tom as he finds his feet.

Titch not a player who relies on athleticism to get the footy, I expect he steps in and does exactly what he did before being injured. A full pre season will be perfect, he is a freak.

His ball use isn’t great because he drops the footy from his hip.. nothing to do with having Titch in the side or not.

He drops it from his hip when he is being tackled by 3 blokes after scrapping for the ball on the bottom of the pack. When he plays as the inside-outside burst player around stoppages and is able to create space for himself his ball drop is fine. His disposal was far better in 2018. I expect it will get back to that level or higher once Mitchell returns.

Don’t let this year fool you, he was carrying an enormous load and wasn’t being played in his best role.

Titch not a player who relies on athleticism to get the footy, I expect he steps in and does exactly what he did before being injured. A full pre season will be perfect, he is a freak.
I’m not saying he won’t be the same player but why expect him to come back in and do all the heavy lifting when we can get him some help.

He drops it from his hip when he is being tackled by 3 blokes after scrapping for the ball on the bottom of the pack. When he plays as the inside-outside burst player around stoppages and is able to create space for himself his ball drop is fine. His disposal was far better in 2018. I expect it will get back to that level or higher once Mitchell returns.

Don’t let this year fool you, he was carrying an enormous load and wasn’t being played in his best role.

You know JOM really needs to be commended for carrying the load he did this season. Many had him as career over so for him to do what he did this season is unbelievable IMHO. Both he and Worpel did an incredible job and I can’t wait to see how they go with Mitch back in the gold next to them.

You know JOM really needs to be commended for carrying the load he did this season. Many had him as career over so for him to do what he did this season is unbelievable IMHO. Both he and Worpel did an incredible job and I can’t wait to see how they go with Mitch back in the gold next to them.

Fair statement, in saying that a guy in his 2nd year continued to outshine him as the season went on.(granted the opp did put alot more work into his game than they did of Worpel) I expect to see Jags go to another level next yr and reach his full potional.
Mitch comes back to close the player he was with Wingard playing like he did that last month of the season with a full preseason ! It makes well for next season it's like having 2 gun new recruits.

I Would love one more outside burst player with clean ball use to complete the midfield.

His ability to get from contest to contest might be diminished a bit after such a serious leg injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup his ball drop is horrendous, its in open space that this becomes obvious.

Closer look needed, the rest of the stuff will look after itself

Last edited:

Yeah, not sure you watch Jags all that closely... mechanically he releases the footy high, he leaves a lot of room for error and it’s a key reason why his kicks loop instead of penetrate. Watch his highlights from Gold Coast days, it’s easily identifiable. Jags had a good season, he is a good player but he has dropped down the pecking order in terms our best mids.

1. Titch
2. Worpel
3. Wingard (mid/fwd)
4. Omera
5. Shiels

Sicily is the complete opposite with his disposal, he guides the ball to his foot, leaves little room for error and gets penetration and depth in his kicks.. Sam Mitchell was the same, different level of players I know but mechanically far superior in the most important skill set required.

Gotta love how many bio-mechanists we have on our Board. 😂

In other news, Isaac Smith staying according to Tom Browne this morning.

Hypothetically if we traded omeara’s ball drop with Jon Patton’s ball drop and picked up Lachie Whitfield’s as a FA and traded breust’s ball drop and side step (I want to keep his don’t argue) for gold coasts 1st this year a 2020 second rounder would thus thread get back on track?
Finally back to hypothetical territory! 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back