Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Gunners netted us Petracca in a trade and we picked up Elliot as a FA as a goal kicking replacement for Gunners would that work for everyone?

At the moment Gunners is a better player over Petracca but the ceiling potentially higher for Petracca so you need to pay higher now for this to possibly work.

I am not sure that I see Petracca’s ceiling as higher than Gunston’s. I prefer to pay on performance rather than “potential”. He may well be another “under achiever.”

So if Gunners netted us Petracca in a trade and we picked up Elliot as a FA as a goal kicking replacement for Gunners would that work for everyone?

At the moment Gunners is a better player over Petracca but the ceiling potentially higher for Petracca so you need to pay higher now for this to possibly work.
Wouldn't do it for a straight swap but yeah i think that make us a better team and improves list demographic as well.

If so, please Wrighty, not another Chopper Lovell selection...

Lovell, despite being short, had the tools to be a good footballer. He was just lazy.

If he worked as hard as the elite kids do, he would have rivaled Titch in his ability to find the pill.

I just can't see how trading Gunner makes us a better side. Which is why I can't see us doing it.
The only deal I’d be inclined to trade out Gunston would be if it netted us Noah Anderson. We all know that GC / AFL want both the top 2 kids up there together so it won’t happen. Not saying it will but having those 2 kids up there together just might work... or not.

No. This would not work as Elliott is not really in the trade equation. The hypothetical you are raising is a straight swap between Petrecca and Gunston. On this proposal Hawks are getting massively bent over. One player is a three times premiership player who kicks goals in big games and was unlucky not to win the Norm Smith in 2013. The other is an over weight underperforming high draft pick. Melbourne would need to sweeten that deal significantly.

Elliott for free, Patton on the cheap and Maginness as FS / second round is a nice start....

Can't help but wonder what the hawks are plotting as we rarely leave trade week without a big BANG.

An A grade midfielder would be nice = say goodbye to Pick 10 / 11

Or we go hard at getting multiple early picks which = goodbye to some Club favorites to be traded.

The relative silence / lack of leaks from the Hawks is Intriguing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Gunston would be the worst list management strategy. Please don’t do it Wrighty. :(
It’s all innuendo atm the moment so you probably need to take a chill pill mate. Wrighty isn’t stupid and it would take something to really blow his socks off to even consider it.

It’s all innuendo atm the moment so you probably need to take a chill pill mate. Wrighty isn’t stupid and it would take something to really blow his socks off to even consider it.

He’s irreplaceable. Absolutely no question. Nobody can play his role. It’s quite clear that Gunston was playing injured this year. Despite the fact that he played high up the ground and wasn’t at his best Gunston still had 47 scoring shots! That’s how good a player he is.

With Mitchell back, Patton by his side camped inside 50, Lewis continuing to develop, Gunston should return to his best in 2020.

I'd take this bloke before Elliot, ready to go, even if we rookied him.

Not having a go, but you'd take an almost 24 year old, who's never played AFL level football over a 27 year old who's kicked 160 goals from 100 matches and four times kicked over 30 goals in a season as a small forward?

In saying that, there's no reason we couldn't get both (and not give up anything of note for either)

Not having a go, but you'd take an almost 24 year old, who's never played AFL level football over a 27 year old who's kicked 160 goals from 100 matches and four times kicked over 30 goals in a season as a small forward?

In saying that, there's no reason we couldn't get both (and not give up anything of note for either)

Would you have picked Tom Rockliff as a RFA in 2017 or picked an untried entity in Tim Kelly in the draft. Always a gamble - too hard to tell without the crystal ball as to who will win out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back