Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t mind if we positioned ourselves front and centre next to the Saints to come in and crumb the players that they can’t get done. Cannot see how the expect to get Hill, Ryder, Howard, Jones and Butler with only pick 6 and 59.

If Howard or Butler spill out they’d both be great fits for us, covering the pressure forward need and shoring up our long term KPD stocks.

Are you seriously saying we should wait around for St.Kilda's 'sloppy seconds'? Seriously though after they trade Josh Bruce and Jack Steven they will more than likely end up having enough to get 4 of those deals done with this years picks. Then if they have to they'll just use some of their 2020 picks for the rest. lesson here is never be the second choice in anything.

We'll need to bid on Maguiness at some point and we need to find the points from somewhere. We have no tradeable players with any real value apart from Bruest, Gunston and Smith, who I don't see us trading. We don't have to use a first-round this year but understand that with the compromised draft next year it would be worthwhile using one this year rather than next.

My dream trade and draft period net us Dylan Stephens, Finn Maguiness, Jonathon Patton and Sam Frost. I have added Bonar as I believe he would be a good get and might be gettable if involved with the Patton deal where we would overpay a little for Patton to include Bonar, which was picks 28 and 30.

If we hold onto pick 11 and a Maguiness bid comes in after, where would you see the points coming from while still acquiring at least Patton and Frost?

Sounds Like Finn and Downey will get bid on in the first round or early second this year and next. Speaking to two mates that are recruiters they both have Finn between 18-30 on their draft boards. They have an issue with his kicking (same types thought Worpel couldn't kick lol).

So say he got bid on at 18 - 985 points less the 197 point discount. Would value Finn at 788 points which is about pick 24. so we would need 30 and 60 to pay for Finn.

Wouldn’t mind if we positioned ourselves front and centre next to the Saints to come in and crumb the players that they can’t get done. Cannot see how the expect to get Hill, Ryder, Howard, Jones and Butler with only pick 6 and 59.

If Howard or Butler spill out they’d both be great fits for us, covering the pressure forward need and shoring up our long term KPD stocks.

Ryder and Butler will cost them next to nothing.

They will shake down Freo for an extra pick for Hill as he ain’t worth pick 6 and 900 a year as being reported and use that and the picks they acquire when they trade Steven out to the Cats and pick up Howard and Jones.

Surely the Cats since they have been courting Steven for 2 years need to come to the party and offer up pick 24 to acquire him.

Are you seriously saying we should wait around for St.Kilda's 'sloppy seconds'? Seriously though after they trade Josh Bruce and Jack Steven they will more than likely end up having enough to get 4 of those deals done with this years picks. Then if they have to they'll just use some of their 2020 picks for the rest. lesson here is never be the second choice in anything.
I'd be happy to see us trade for their 2020 1st rounder. They'll be high on all these trades and think they're set for a rapid rise. I'd be willing to bet they aren't. Could get a top 4 pick for a bargain price.

I'd be happy to see us trade for their 2020 1st rounder. They'll be high on all these trades and think they're set for a rapid rise. I'd be willing to bet they aren't. Could get a top 4 pick for a bargain price.
A top 4 pick in the 2020 draft won't be worth much with how compromised it will be with FS and Academy selections. The idea should be to trade into the upcoming not next years.

With our contract offer to Birchall, seems as though something previously planned has fallen through.
Maybe but there's also a chance that Birch came back to us with is there or isn't there a spot for me because I'm about to sign with Brisbane with with GW has said yes there is but only after the trade period is over.

If that’s what you want to call it then yes. Worst case scenario they manage to get all the deals done and nothing happens. Alternatively they can’t get one of them done and we get a player who is a great fit for our list. Not fussed about anything else apart from improving the list and I’d much rather have Howard instead of Shoey or Brand and Butler instead of Poppy, Moore or Hanrahan.

If we don't recruit some players/trade in then how on earth are we going to fulfil our TPP's? This is a bizarre situation, the Birch offer of 1 year flies in the face of our original strategy of not offering him a deal until after trade week, this has to mean we have had a few swings at the stumps and either club or player has rejected the deal.

As it stands, the deals for both Patton and Frost remain in limbo, whilst they will likely get done there has been little movement on either thus far which only has to mean there are roadblocks. All this posturing over 2 players who have been either average performers or poor at getting on the park is ridiculous, our footy clubs across the board are so bloody amateurish it's not even at the point of being funny, it's deadset embarrassing.

W
If we don't recruit some players/trade in then how on earth are we going to fulfil our TPP's? This is a bizarre situation, the Birch offer of 1 year flies in the face of our original strategy of not offering him a deal until after trade week, this has to mean we have had a few swings at the stumps and either club or player has rejected the deal.

As it stands, the deals for both Patton and Frost remain in limbo, whilst they will likely get done there has been little movement on either thus far which only has to mean there are roadblocks. All this posturing over 2 players who have been either average performers or poor at getting on the park is ridiculous, our footy clubs across the board are so bloody amateurish it's not even at the point of being funny, it's deadset embarrassing.
You front end contracts in 2020 and create even more $$$ for next trade period. Also pay increases for Worpel and Sic will eat up cash in future years.

I'm more thinking that the delay with the Patton and Frost deals is that we have other irons in the fire.
If we ONLY wanted to get those two deals done then I reckon they would have been done by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we trade 11 for their two picks in the 20s, more points.

Thats if 11 isnt used for someone like crouch or papley
No thanks I don’t want to trade down from 11 for points to just be matched on Finn. Find the points from elsewhere with the discount it shouldn’t be overly hard.

If it came down to it I would even rather just miss out on Finn and draft best available at 11 if we had to (we won’t)

Hi
I'm more thinking that the delay with the Patton and Frost deals is that we have other irons in the fire.
If we ONLY wanted to get those two deals done then I reckon they would have been done by now.
could be 3-way with Giants and Dees. Giants for pick 3. Demons for multiple later picks, hawks get frost and Patton. Lots of other pick swaps.

Maybe we offered him the deal early because everything we needed to sort has been sorted.

Adelaide about to give pick 4 to GWS for picks 12, 18 and GWS 2020 first rounder......

GWS need to get up to protect bids on Greene and Adelaide are trying to spread their selections to get some talent in the door.
I remember Melbourne doing something similar and got Tyson and Salem while losing out on Kelly. We all know who won that deal.

With our contract offer to Birchall, seems as though something previously planned has fallen through.
I don’t believe so.

it was always going to be the case of him being a player who may or may not get a list spot in 2020.

I heard a few months back now that Wright and Clarko had opposing views on Birchall, I just can’t remember who wanted to keep him and who thoughy we should move him on.

I don’t believe so.

it was always going to be the case of him being a player who may or may not get a list spot in 2020.

I heard a few months back now that Wright and Clarko had opposing views on Birchall, I just can’t remember who wanted to keep him and who thoughy we should move him on.
I think someone posted a little while back that Clarko wanted to keep him but Wrighty wanted to move him on.

I don’t believe so.

Still looked a good player when he got some games midyear - don't really want to see him taking a spot of Scrimshaw though. But if he can get his body right can still be a big asset. Big if though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back