Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee he was good in there - vision and contested play only a special player can execute. Massive midfield X-Factor.

Hope he stays there - he can really do wonders for us.

Agreed, i think it was vital to keep Gunners & Breust it allows Chad to play mainly as a mid.
His tackling and Follow up efforts then his vision to take off out of traffic and spot up targets was impressive and what we lacked.
With Mitch & Worps feeding Chad&Jom on the outside our midfield should be competing with most sides next yr.

It would be nice to make a late play for a Papley or Butler but i think Hanrahan or Walker can cement a spot this yr as the f6 if Poppy is not Kept.
A Midfielder in the 21-28 yo age bracket would be the icing on the cake.

I read somewhere maybe from Graham Wright they are now looking to play Wingard in the middle next year as he provides an extra dimension
I think Wingard will be used as an impact player in the forwardline to throw off the opposition team's matchups. He'll play most of his time in the midfield imo.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'd then look at trading the 2020 future first into this draft....

11 and 8 are in the eye of the beholder. Every chance we take the same player at 11 as we could at 8. I think Finn will get a bid at worst at 16. At best in early 20's. Unless we are desperate to get Mcasey then Im not sure the upside in trading up.

I'd like us to get another pick this year inside 11 but doesn't look possible. So maybe offer our future first to Port & get pick 12?

Swap 30 for their future second to allow it + some later picksto help with Finn match.

Ie

11, 12, 42, 57/65 (Pitto), 61, 66 (Port), 87.

42, 57, 61, 66 = 20ish for Finn.

Pick 1 - Dylan Stephens (Wingman)
Pick 2 - F McAsey - (Key Def)
Pick 3 - Finn Maginness (Inside Mid/Fwd)
Pick 4 - Pepper (NGA)

=

wright.png

Last edited:
Ralphy saying Blues are set to trade pick 48 to Swans for 54 and 56. Expect either one of those to head to Hawthorn for Pittonet or a pick from Essendon that goes to Blues for Phillips. They currently hold 57, 65 and 70. My expectation is 65

not exactly a rush to get some of these big deals done this morning. North entering the race for Bonar with better second round picks than Essendon and SOS meeting Lions list manager in Albert Park to hopefully discuss Tom Cutler could bring us as much joy as we get today from a Hawthorn point of view. Dodoro missing out on his only two targets could be better than us landing someone though

Just read on Fox Footy that paperwork can't be lodged before 3pm today. Tom Morris writing a story about this at some stage. Would explain why no deals have been today though!~

Can someone please confirm that this is correct.

If the Bulldogs decided to nominate Finn with pick 13 do we then just have to use our next pick 30 to get the job done as just discussed on the radio or is this incorrect?

If the Bulldogs decided to nominate Finn with pick 13 do we then just have to use our next pick 30 to get the job done as just discussed on the radio or is this incorrect?
You need to use your next pick to match a bid. If that is insufficient points to match, then you need to use the next pick also.

If a bid comes at 13, then 30 isn't enough points to match on its own. Would need to use 42 also, and any surplus points are then packaged up as a later pick, in the 60s for this example

refer to the below for draft value index

Pick 13 is 1,212. 20% discount is 967 points.

Pick 30 is 629
+ Pick 42 is 395 = 1,024

57 points left over - we get pick 69 back.

This assumes we still have 30/42 - which will shift during the night based on bids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone just called up trade radio to ask what your favourite falafel joint is, can we also bring up this as a hypothetical?

If we can trade out Worpel and Patton (I Know just came in) for the falafel joint on Bourke street I reckon we have a money earner for years...

Guy in the 'other' trade thread with 3 posts claiming we've got another trade up our sleeve that is waiting till the last minute for impact reasons. Normally would dismiss a guy with 3 posts at this stage of the period as a poor troll, but not using our first rounder on a ready made player and going to the draft instead is very unlike us, which makes me wonder if there is something in it. Mentioned the player is a 'bird', so narrows it down to Crows, Pies, Swans (edit: ooops forgot Eagles - surely not Gaff). Crouch seems most likely of the players if it is being kept as a TV impact trade, but not sure our first rounder would be enough tog get a deal like that done, and sounds like he was pricing himself out of a range we'd be interested in. Perhaps just a troll, but still think us trading another first round pick out makes it semi believable, although the other side of that is that we need to satisfy our 'use a first round pick at the draft' requirements fairly urgently. Anyway, not long to wait now.

Guy in the 'other' trade thread with 3 posts claiming we've got another trade up our sleeve that is waiting till the last minute for impact reasons. Normally would dismiss a guy with 3 posts at this stage of the period as a poor troll, but not using our first rounder on a ready made player and going to the draft instead is very unlike us, which makes me wonder if there is something in it. Mentioned the player is a 'bird', so narrows it down to Crows, Pies, Swans (edit: ooops forgot Eagles - surely not Gaff). Crouch seems most likely of the players if it is being kept as a TV impact trade, but not sure our first rounder would be enough tog get a deal like that done, and sounds like he was pricing himself out of a range we'd be interested in. Perhaps just a troll, but still think us trading another first round pick out makes it semi believable, although the other side of that is that we need to satisfy our 'use a first round pick at the draft' requirements fairly urgently. Anyway, not long to wait now.
The best part about it was he put his three post credibility on it being done at 645pm. GW has sort of danced around the topic of us keeping the first. Reckon it would be more a helping someone else and getting something back in but complete guess. Shows where we are at in this snooze fest

Even the ITK’s have been horribly off the mark with player movement this year, I doubt some random (although likely an ITK with an alias) will be correct on calling out trades.

Hope we look at Harley Bennell and seriously consider him. Serious talent
Hopefully Jaeger still has his number from GCS days and has given him a call. If we can get Burgoyne and Clarko to put their arms around him I reckon he can turn it around like Sonny Walters did at Freo. He's also just had a child so could be used as a turning point for him in his life for the better.

Hopefully Jaeger still has his number from GCS days and has given him a call. If we can get Burgoyne and Clarko to put their arms around him I reckon he can turn it around like Sonny Walters did at Freo. He's also just had a child so could be used as a turning point for him in his life for the better.
All reports are that he's got his head screwed on... At least much tighter than it was before and issues around his calf have become more apparent. Seems like he's finally on the up injury and character wise. Could be a very good pickup.

All reports are that he's got his head screwed on... At least much tighter than it was before and issues around his calf have become more apparent. Seems like he's finally on the up injury and character wise. Could be a very good pickup.
Yeah Barlow confirmed this

This looks to be similar to the interstate player being thrown around..
-Hawks will swoop late if Carlton hesitate on Papley, Melb also in the hunt.
-Crouch will require 1st rd and a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back